Spider-Woman Teams Up With Fellow Heroes In These New Variant Covers

JayC

Spider-Woman is back and better than ever in an explosive new series this March from creative team Karla Pacheco and Pere Pérez. Readers can hardly wait to see what adventures Jessica Drew finds herself on, and apparently, neither can Marvel’s heroes! To celebrate the launch of her new solo series, check out these awesome Spider-Woman variant covers depicting her in her classic costume, ready for action alongside her fellow heroes!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #41 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by RYAN BROWN

AVENGERS #32 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by MIKE McKONE with colors by ANDRES MOSSA

AVENGERS #33 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by KHOI PHAM with colors by MORRY HOLLOWELL

DEADPOOL #5 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by MIRKA ANDOLFO

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by DECLAN SHALVEY

GHOST RIDER #6 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by JUNGGEUN YOON

IMMORTAL HULK #32 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by PATCH ZIRCHER with colors by DAVE McCAIG

IMMORTAL HULK #33 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by CORY SMITH with colors by MAT LOPES

THOR #4 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by JAVIER GARRÓN with colors by DAVID CURIEL

VENOM #24 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by ROCK-HE KIM

ASM2018041_Brown_SW_variant.jpg

AVEN2018032_McKone_SW_variant.jpg

AVEN2018033_Pham_SW_variant.jpg

DPOOL2019005_Andolfo_SW_variant.jpg

GARGAL2020003_Shalvey_SW_variant.jpg

GHOSTR2019006_Junggeun-Yoon_SW_variant.jpg

HULK2018032_Zircher_SW_variant.jpg

HULK2018033_Smith_SW_variant.jpg

THOR2020004_Garron_SW_variant.jpg

VENOM2018024_Rock-he-Kim_SW_variant.jpg

So she's back to her classic costume now? cool, i was not a huge fan of the costume from the Lizard wave, although i'll admit the last spiderwoman run i read was Bendis & Maleev, which was fine but typical Bendis & Maleev.  i thought the knock on this classic costume was it was too sexy or something.. or maybe it was just that one cover by milo (?) that people got worked up about. 

18 hours ago, KiloinNorcal said:

Cool. SJW Jessica was a lame costume.

I really didn't hate that costume haha, just didn't care for the glasses

I am very happy to see her back in this costume, although I feel like it never really went away, since she was rocking this costume in Spider-Verse and such, still think my fav Spider-Woman costumes however are Julia's and Ultimate

spacer.png

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Looks like Marvel were trolling people and Jessica is getting a new costume for her new series designed by Dave Johnson

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hahah wow what a trolling session

This costume however I really love, what a nice combo of newer and older

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Looks like Marvel were trolling people and Jessica is getting a new costume for her new series designed by Dave Johnson

spacer.pngspacer.png

Oh well, the nostalgic moment was fun while it lasted.  Kind of a weird new look that combines elements of the old costume, spidey's costume plus a whole lot of black.  Still prefer the classic version even though its a bit bright for espionage work, but this is an improvement over the 2014 version imo. And what happened to her web wings?  Anyhow I'm guessing she will get a figure with this costume in 2021

20 minutes ago, mako said:

Oh, she's been part of the Spider-Verse since her creation, she's just never been "attached" to Spidey ala Spider-Gwen or even Silk, so having her wear what is essentially a chicked up version of his suit is kinda stupid . . . and a frankly ugly design,

Oh well, this is Marvel, the House of BAD Ideas.

She wasn't, Jessica was created by the Avengers editorial department not the Spider-man editorial department and primary as way of protecting copyright. I don't even remember reading Jessica and Peter together until John Byrne's awful Spider-man relaunch

3 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Oh well, the nostalgic moment was fun while it lasted.  Kind of a weird new look that combines elements of the old costume, spidey's costume plus a whole lot of black.  Still prefer the classic version even though its a bit bright for espionage work, but this is an improvement over the 2014 version imo. And what happened to her web wings?  Anyhow I'm guessing she will get a figure with this costume in 2021

Yeah I noticed her wings are gone, also what's with the small triangles on the back of her legs? I wouldn't be surprised if we do get a figure of this, I'm already thinking of Digibashing it 

49 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It looks okay. I'm not sure on the webs, since Jess was never designed to be part of the Spiderverse until recently.

Yeah, in fact the opposite. Stan Lee wanted Marvel to create a Spider-Woman so they could hold the trademark before a TV studio used, it. But he also didn't want her to be involved with Spider-Man in any way in case she was unpopular and potentially damaging to the Spider-Man brand. 

2 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, in fact the opposite. Stan Lee wanted Marvel to create a Spider-Woman so they could hold the trademark before a TV studio used, it. But he also didn't want her to be involved with Spider-Man in any way in case she was unpopular and potentially damaging to the Spider-Man brand. 

The Evolved Spider origin almost did that from the start

8 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

your half right. Stan did want to create the character to have the trademark but it was because DC were planning to create her for a cartoon series.

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

your half right. Stan did want to create the character to have the trademark but it was because DC were planning to create her for a cartoon series.

I knew it was Filmation would were planning the cartoon, I didn't know DC had a hand in it

Interestingly, two of my favorite female heroes in Marvel's stable, Spider-Woman and She-Hulk, were created in for the comics just to beat TV shows to the punch (same for Batgirl). 

Regarding the new costume. I'm not a fan at all. Jessica Drew's classic costume first designed by Marie Severin and perfected (I think) by Carmine Infantino (who gave her the long black hair) is one of my favorite superhero costumes. I love the boldness of the red and yellow with the thick black lines on her chest and around her eyes, plus the web wings. 

This new look does nothing for me.

3 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Interestingly, two of my favorite female heroes in Marvel's stable, Spider-Woman and She-Hulk, were created in for the comics just to beat TV shows to the punch (same for Batgirl). 

Regarding the new costume. I'm not a fan at all. Jessica Drew's classic costume first designed by Marie Severin and perfected (I think) by Carmine Infantino (who gave her the long black hair) is one of my favorite superhero costumes. I love the boldness of the red and yellow with the thick black lines on her chest and around her eyes, plus the web wings. 

This new look does nothing for me.

If you are talking about Barbara Gordon's Batgirl , she wasn't created to beat the TV show she was created in tandem with the show.