Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Spider-Woman Teams Up With Fellow Heroes In These New Variant Covers

Recommended Posts

Spider-Woman is back and better than ever in an explosive new series this March from creative team Karla Pacheco and Pere Pérez. Readers can hardly wait to see what adventures Jessica Drew finds herself on, and apparently, neither can Marvel’s heroes! To celebrate the launch of her new solo series, check out these awesome Spider-Woman variant covers depicting her in her classic costume, ready for action alongside her fellow heroes!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #41 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by RYAN BROWN

AVENGERS #32 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by MIKE McKONE with colors by ANDRES MOSSA

AVENGERS #33 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by KHOI PHAM with colors by MORRY HOLLOWELL

DEADPOOL #5 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by MIRKA ANDOLFO

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by DECLAN SHALVEY

GHOST RIDER #6 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by JUNGGEUN YOON

IMMORTAL HULK #32 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by PATCH ZIRCHER with colors by DAVE McCAIG

IMMORTAL HULK #33 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by CORY SMITH with colors by MAT LOPES

THOR #4 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by JAVIER GARRÓN with colors by DAVID CURIEL

VENOM #24 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by ROCK-HE KIM

ASM2018041_Brown_SW_variant.jpg

AVEN2018032_McKone_SW_variant.jpg

AVEN2018033_Pham_SW_variant.jpg

DPOOL2019005_Andolfo_SW_variant.jpg

GARGAL2020003_Shalvey_SW_variant.jpg

GHOSTR2019006_Junggeun-Yoon_SW_variant.jpg

HULK2018032_Zircher_SW_variant.jpg

HULK2018033_Smith_SW_variant.jpg

THOR2020004_Garron_SW_variant.jpg

VENOM2018024_Rock-he-Kim_SW_variant.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's cool, always nice to see Spider-Woman get some love . . . as long as they burn that garbage Batgirl of Burnside knockoff jogging suit she had been running around in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So she's back to her classic costume now? cool, i was not a huge fan of the costume from the Lizard wave, although i'll admit the last spiderwoman run i read was Bendis & Maleev, which was fine but typical Bendis & Maleev.  i thought the knock on this classic costume was it was too sexy or something.. or maybe it was just that one cover by milo (?) that people got worked up about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun covers, but I worry for her spine in the Venom one. Or maybe I shouldn't since it looks like it's rubber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KiloinNorcal said:

Cool. SJW Jessica was a lame costume.

I really didn't hate that costume haha, just didn't care for the glasses

I am very happy to see her back in this costume, although I feel like it never really went away, since she was rocking this costume in Spider-Verse and such, still think my fav Spider-Woman costumes however are Julia's and Ultimate

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Kid I never liked Jessica’s original costume, it’s seems too 60-70.  But her new costume was such pointless train wreck that it made me feel ill, so now I am really happy to see her get back into her old costume. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Marvel were trolling people and Jessica is getting a new costume for her new series designed by Dave Johnson

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Looks like Marvel were trolling people and Jessica is getting a new costume for her new series designed by Dave Johnson

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

Hahah wow what a trolling session

This costume however I really love, what a nice combo of newer and older

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks okay. I'm not sure on the webs, since Jess was never designed to be part of the Spiderverse until recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It looks okay. I'm not sure on the webs, since Jess was never designed to be part of the Spiderverse until recently.

Oh, she's been part of the Spider-Verse since her creation, she's just never been "attached" to Spidey ala Spider-Gwen or even Silk, so having her wear what is essentially a chicked up version of his suit is kinda stupid . . . and a frankly ugly design,

Oh well, this is Marvel, the House of BAD Ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Looks like Marvel were trolling people and Jessica is getting a new costume for her new series designed by Dave Johnson

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

Oh well, the nostalgic moment was fun while it lasted.  Kind of a weird new look that combines elements of the old costume, spidey's costume plus a whole lot of black.  Still prefer the classic version even though its a bit bright for espionage work, but this is an improvement over the 2014 version imo. And what happened to her web wings?  Anyhow I'm guessing she will get a figure with this costume in 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mako said:

Oh, she's been part of the Spider-Verse since her creation, she's just never been "attached" to Spidey ala Spider-Gwen or even Silk, so having her wear what is essentially a chicked up version of his suit is kinda stupid . . . and a frankly ugly design,

Oh well, this is Marvel, the House of BAD Ideas.

She wasn't, Jessica was created by the Avengers editorial department not the Spider-man editorial department and primary as way of protecting copyright. I don't even remember reading Jessica and Peter together until John Byrne's awful Spider-man relaunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Oh well, the nostalgic moment was fun while it lasted.  Kind of a weird new look that combines elements of the old costume, spidey's costume plus a whole lot of black.  Still prefer the classic version even though its a bit bright for espionage work, but this is an improvement over the 2014 version imo. And what happened to her web wings?  Anyhow I'm guessing she will get a figure with this costume in 2021

Yeah I noticed her wings are gone, also what's with the small triangles on the back of her legs? I wouldn't be surprised if we do get a figure of this, I'm already thinking of Digibashing it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It looks okay. I'm not sure on the webs, since Jess was never designed to be part of the Spiderverse until recently.

Yeah, in fact the opposite. Stan Lee wanted Marvel to create a Spider-Woman so they could hold the trademark before a TV studio used, it. But he also didn't want her to be involved with Spider-Man in any way in case she was unpopular and potentially damaging to the Spider-Man brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, in fact the opposite. Stan Lee wanted Marvel to create a Spider-Woman so they could hold the trademark before a TV studio used, it. But he also didn't want her to be involved with Spider-Man in any way in case she was unpopular and potentially damaging to the Spider-Man brand. 

The Evolved Spider origin almost did that from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, in fact the opposite. Stan Lee wanted Marvel to create a Spider-Woman so they could hold the trademark before a TV studio used, it. But he also didn't want her to be involved with Spider-Man in any way in case she was unpopular and potentially damaging to the Spider-Man brand. 

your half right. Stan did want to create the character to have the trademark but it was because DC were planning to create her for a cartoon series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tarot said:

your half right. Stan did want to create the character to have the trademark but it was because DC were planning to create her for a cartoon series.

I knew it was Filmation would were planning the cartoon, I didn't know DC had a hand in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leokearon said:

I knew it was Filmation would were planning the cartoon, I didn't know DC had a hand in it

it was for the Batman part of the Batman and Tarzan show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tarot said:

it was for the Batman part of the Batman and Tarzan show.

Okay, didn't know that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly, two of my favorite female heroes in Marvel's stable, Spider-Woman and She-Hulk, were created in for the comics just to beat TV shows to the punch (same for Batgirl). 

Regarding the new costume. I'm not a fan at all. Jessica Drew's classic costume first designed by Marie Severin and perfected (I think) by Carmine Infantino (who gave her the long black hair) is one of my favorite superhero costumes. I love the boldness of the red and yellow with the thick black lines on her chest and around her eyes, plus the web wings. 

This new look does nothing for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Interestingly, two of my favorite female heroes in Marvel's stable, Spider-Woman and She-Hulk, were created in for the comics just to beat TV shows to the punch (same for Batgirl). 

Regarding the new costume. I'm not a fan at all. Jessica Drew's classic costume first designed by Marie Severin and perfected (I think) by Carmine Infantino (who gave her the long black hair) is one of my favorite superhero costumes. I love the boldness of the red and yellow with the thick black lines on her chest and around her eyes, plus the web wings. 

This new look does nothing for me.

If you are talking about Barbara Gordon's Batgirl , she wasn't created to beat the TV show she was created in tandem with the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tarot said:

your half right. Stan did want to create the character to have the trademark but it was because DC were planning to create her for a cartoon series.

And YOU'RE half right. Filmation, not DC, created an original character, called Web-Woman, for her own segment of their then upcoming "Tarzan and the Super Seven" umbrella series (an expansion of their Tarzan and Batman Hour) back in the day. Stan and the gang thought this was to close to their coveted Spidey franchise and created Spider-Woman to secure the license. The character was rolled out in the comics, an animated series was put together and the rest is history. There was never any real attempt to keep her separate from Spidey (who actually appeared on her show), much like She-Hulk, she just didn't interact with her male counterpart that often. Probably to avoid the appearance of their being in  subordinate roles (girl sidekicks) in the age of the original sexual revolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE