Marvel Legends 6" Fantastic Four Wave Super Skrull Build-A-Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Super Skrull Build-A-Figure from Hasbro. The figures in the wave you need to get in order to complete this one includ the modern Fantastic Four as well as modern She-Hulk and Dr. Doom. You can purchase the wave with this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Super-Skrull-13.JPG

Looks good but i don't see myself buying the whole wave to complete him. Wish he had been a Walgreens figure as was originally rumoured. Oh well. Maybe he'll get a rerelease at some point although that seems fairly doubtful.

I do feel like skrulls are usually depicted as a somewhat lighter shade of green than what is shown here, but could be my imagination.  Not a big deal.

Hmm...I don't find myself saying this very much these days, but I think I may end up preferring my old Toybiz version to this guy.  I'll have to put them side by side IRL and see.  This one's certainly not a bad figure by any means.  The older one is just a little more Skrully I guess.  I think I like the power effect arms on the old one a little better, too.

SuperSkrull2.thumb.jpg.594b19d62f62e9749e4f3b011ff3ab11.jpg

I'd buy several of these Skrulls if they were single packed or even in double packs like HYDRA/AIM, but there's not one single figure in that Fantastic Four wave that I feel compelled to buy. I'd still keep my old Toy Biz Super Skrull and use these as regular skrulls. Hopefully they'll do something like that in the future.

I like him. He will go well with an inevitable Skrull 2 pack. Or a Kree v Skrull 2 pack.

be nice though if Hasbro wouldn’t make potential army builders the BAFs of so many waves. ( Super Skrull, Kree Sentry)

Even though I hate Hyperion's body mold I gotta say this figure looks great, Toybiz version is still very decent and even more detailed in a way but Hasbro's version is closer to my idea of how Super Skrull should look like, however, I would have preferred more vibrant colors for the uniform and I guess we will get that version eventually in single pack.

I am not huge on this figure, it's good , but not enough to warrant me buying 4 figures I don't want, if this was a single release I'd have no doubts about grabbing it, but I only want Doom and Shulk from the wave, if I got a chance to buy this loose for a decent price I wouldn't pass however

Im very torn on this guy. I love the skrulls and any new ones are great to grab but im so lukewarm with him. I dont care for most of the wave but i dont have any FF except for walgreens thing. This guys sculpt is ok but I hate that hes an average size figure for the baf. I would also like more vibrant colors instead of diarrhea green and super dark purples. Doom is the clear winner for me in this wave but everyone else... i just dont know.  

12 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Even though I hate Hyperion's body mold I gotta say this figure looks great...

Yeah I too worried about that Hyperion body buck but on this figure, it doesn't look as bad; in fact its "defects" are almost negligible. I'm gonna have to put them side by side to figure out why but bottom line, this is a great figure, and I really like the alternate arms and effects, not to mention the different heads ( I would've preferred a snarl instead of a toothy grin but that's a minor detail). I like this version over the toybiz one. Was it worth getting the whole set since I already had the original FF?  At first I didn't think so; I knew I was gonna get Dr. Doom, but I could pass on the rest. But I did want that Super Skrulll. And She Hulk turned out to be the break out figure for me here...

sf4.jpg

I dig it, I'm getting it for certain; He's a classic villain, and as a Classicist, I must have him. I loved all his battles with the FF, Sasquatch, the Silver Surfer and Mar-Vell. Do I like that he's a BAF? No. Do I like that he's a BAF in a wave where I'm interested in only half the figures? Heck no, but it's the Super-Skrull, I missed the old version, and I want it very much. 

On 12/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah I too worried about that Hyperion body buck but on this figure, it doesn't look as bad; in fact its "defects" are almost negligible. I'm gonna have to put them side by side to figure out why but bottom line, this is a great figure, and I really like the alternate arms and effects, not to mention the different heads ( I would've preferred a snarl instead of a toothy grin but that's a minor detail). I like this version over the toybiz one. Was it worth getting the whole set since I already had the original FF?  At first I didn't think so; I knew I was gonna get Dr. Doom, but I could pass on the rest. But I did want that Super Skrulll. And She Hulk turned out to be the break out figure for me here...

sf4.jpg

Yeah for sure, only think that bothers me is fact that super skrull was supposed to be single pack figure and along with Demogoblin marks new ML era of Regular sized figures as Build a figures. Maybe it can be argued they don't have that much big characters lefts but still seems like way to save up on money.

Seems to be a general consensus on this wave that only Doom, Thing, Kl'rt &  I guess Shulk are the most popular ones that people are gonna get. Hasbro dropped the ball imo by making the FF in these modern costumes. Had they been in the Byrne Blue/White 80s costumes, this wave woulda sold better. I can't fork over $100+ on Super Skrull per ebay . Hopefully he goes down in price in a few months. $75-$80 is my max for him.

18 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Seems to be a general consensus on this wave that only Doom, Thing, Kl'rt &  I guess Shulk are the most popular ones that people are gonna get. Hasbro dropped the ball imo by making the FF in these modern costumes. Had they been in the Byrne Blue/White 80s costumes, this wave woulda sold better. I can't fork over $100+ on Super Skrull per ebay . Hopefully he goes down in price in a few months. $75-$80 is my max for him.

Yeah, I think that's the problem we're gonna start facing going forward. Marvel Legends has to find a new way to sell new characters without relying to much on the heavy hitters. With the prices going up, and the biggest guns (selling merch) out of the MCU, I can't see people buying multiple times the same character, specially the FF. 

55 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Yeah, I think that's the problem we're gonna start facing going forward. Marvel Legends has to find a new way to sell new characters without relying to much on the heavy hitters. With the prices going up, and the biggest guns (selling merch) out of the MCU, I can't see people buying multiple times the same character, specially the FF. 

Yeah it will be very interesting to see how this wave does.  On the one hand, there were plenty of people who missed some or all of the Walgreens FF so now there's chance to get those characters.. plus it seems like new people start collecting ML figures all the time.  OTOH the FF are not the x-men or Spidey... combine that with the people who already have WG FF and will either skip the wave or wait for a price drop, and you could end up with a wave that pegwarms hard.  Personally i lean towards this wave pegwarming but i would be happy to be proved wrong, as there are a ton of FF-adjacent characters i could see hasbro tackling in future waves. I do think it might've been wiser to split the quartet over two waves (Ben and Sue in one, Johnny and Reed in the other) but that might be more of a commitment than hasbro was willing to make for the FF. Or perhaps they could've gone with FF figures that fit in better with the classic ones already made (fully translucent Sue, powered down Johnny in classic FF costume (maybe with a Bagman head), Reed with alternate stretching parts, etc)

Super-skrull is cool but i would find it hard to justify buying another set of FF at full price.  I'm not sure he's on the level of Kingpin where people might buy figures they wouldn't otherwise just to build him.

Yep, Hasbro should have done an all invisible woman figure  based on the Walgreens buck, a non flamed on Johnny Storm in the Sunfire buck but sporting the Walgreens costume,  Same Reed but coming w/ alternate stretch legs & Same  Walgreens Thing with "Clobberin time" yelling head sculpt & alternate Helmet head sculpt. Then I woulda been buying the entire wave  & just selling off that grey drag queen off. I'm just gonna wait till Summer or even fall to see if these go down in price or if Super Skrull alone sells for under $65 cuz no way am I forking over $80$-$100 for him now on ebay.  Those new costumes they put these figures in do nada, zero, zilch for me, nor does the bearded Reed head sculpt with Sue pleasuring fingers.