The rest of the Strong Guy Wave????

ender82

Who do you guys think will round out this wave? Also, when is Hasbro going to announce? Toyfair?

I am hoping for some villains. Dark Beast, albeit an awesome figure/character, is the only X-Villain we have received in awhile. 

IMO, the most likely villains are

1) Legion: has a freakin TV show, is the antagonist in multiple X-Sagas, is prominent still in modern day comics, & ties into the AoA figure wave coming out  

2) Exodus: Major X-Villain that hasn’t been done, classic 90s villain, ties into recent X-Sagas, as well. 

3) Fabian Cortez: ties into the recent 90s X-Men figures, could start a whole Acolytes head variation wave

4) Bastion: Huge X-Villain that still hasn’t received a figure 

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, ender82 said:

Who do you guys think will round out this wave? Also, when is Hasbro going to announce? Toyfair?

I am hoping for some villains. Dark Beast, albeit an awesome figure/character, is the only X-Villain we have received in awhile. 

IMO, the most likely villains are

1) Legion: has a freakin TV show, is the antagonist in multiple X-Sagas, is prominent still in modern day comics, & ties into the AoA figure wave coming out  

2) Exodus: Major X-Villain that hasn’t been done, classic 90s villain, ties into recent X-Sagas, as well. 

3) Fabian Cortez: ties into the recent 90s X-Men figures, could start a whole Acolytes head variation wave

4) Bastion: Huge X-Villain that still hasn’t received a figure 

Thoughts?

Bastion could be cool. I thought of him for the next 3-in-1 pack. Didn’t some of his minions look like him?

Exodus combines significance in the lore, an interesting enough look for young collectors, and has been long in demand. He’s a good option.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd personally like to think that the other figures might be Rictor, Maverick and Domino's recent look , but as for villains maybe T-Ray, Tom Cassidy, Daken, Madcap, Arclight, It would be really cool if we could get Slayback

Would it be late New Mutants Rictor in green and white, or the later X-Force like his 90’s Toybiz figure?

I like the possibility of getting some Marauders since Scalphunter is active in the comics. Arclight could be cool.

Black Tom could work as a villain. He has history with the X-Men and X-Force.

I’ve just been reading through the Omega Red stories from X-Men volume 2 featuring Maverick and had almost all of his solo series. He’d look great with all the recent Jim Lee era X-Men they’ve lately provided. 

Is it supposed to be a Deadpool wave or X-Force wave? I can’t remember. Could they do first appearance Storm? We already have Warpath and Sunspot, right?

GIdeon is a major X-Force foe. Could they possibly do anyone from MLF? Forearm, Reaper, Wildside?

Could we see Wolfsbane? Is there another Deadpool? I’m surprised we haven’t heard yet.

It's a Deadpool wave. It's likely we'll see one more version of Deadpool, a more exclusively Deadpool-related (rather than X-related) character like one of the Mercs For Money, and then one or two grittier X-characters like Maverick or Marrow. For villains, I'd say Genesis (Tyler), Black Tom Cassidy, or some weirdo 90s X-Force villain like Gideon, Crule, or someone from the MLF is more likely. Best case scenario it's someone from the 90s Brotherhood, like Pyro or Toad, but they probably won't do an all-male wave, so if there's a male villain I'd almost guarantee we see Marrow, Feral, or Domino, though I kinda doubt we'll get more classic Liefield X-Force members, what with Sunspot and Warpath already scratching that itch. We did get Gambit, Beast, and Jubilee all in the same wave, though, so it's definitely not out of the question. X-Factor Wolfsbane is also not out of the question, though it does seem a little soon. Maybe Lady Deathstrike? Revanche?

I think there's definitely gonna be a deadpool. Maybe a repaint of that lame ass DP in a suit or something equally ridiculous cuz all his actual cool looks are done. As for the other two I think they are definitely looking for the female representation. I think Siryn and Feral (later to be used as the base for Wolfsbane) are certainly on deck.

19 hours ago, leokearon said:

Since it si supposed to be a Deadpool wave, there will have to be 1 more DP. Personally I would go with

• Weapon X Deadpool
  • Siryn
  • Black Tom Cassidy

this seems like a good call for the rest of the wave , I'd be down with this

we need an Weapon X Deadpool , I'd prefer though if the other Deadpool was a Merc for Money , like Solo or Foolkiller

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

this seems like a good call for the rest of the wave , I'd be down with this

we need an Weapon X Deadpool , I'd prefer though if the other Deadpool was a Merc for Money , like Solo or Foolkiller

Only if they are proper versions and not lame DP repaints

X-Factor Wolfsbane (Completes the David-era X-Factor lineup along with Strong Guy and they already have a head and hands for her).

Black Tom seems long overdue and fitting enough (Bonus if they give him interchangeable head and hands so he can be "normal" or "tree-person" versions.

One of either Siryn, Feral, or Rictor, but no more than one (they'll parcel out the others to keep people buying/excited about a future wave).

And for the other "core character" slot I'd forgo another Deadpool and do Team X/"Spy" Wolverine instead.

If I were Hasbro, I might drop a two-pack of 90's Domino and Stryfe somewhere (the latter updated with either a removeable helmet or (more likely) swappable head.

• 3 weeks later...

With so many comments about Siryn, Black Tom, and Banshee, maybe Hasbro would be better off doing a Cassidy Family Reunion three pack. (And be sure to throw in some alternative heads Hasbro!)

For the rest of the wave I am assuming there will be a Deadpool (Weapon X maybe). Hoping for  X-Factor Wolfsbane, X-Force Rictor, Maverick, and MLF Forearm.

Asides from Warpath, no one else interests me in this wave. May have to snag Strong guy on ebay.  In the past 2yrs, Very few waves if any, have characters that I have to have all of em. I cherry pick just the comic based characters that I like & grew up reading about. The 90s era of Marvel was not great imo. The huge shoulder pads &  tons of useless pockets & human sized plasma rifles were laughable. AOA was also just an alright story arc. The only character I wish Hasbro would make in a AOA wave would be a BAF 16' Sentinel, that was a very cool alternate universe design for them imo. I'd buy a box of that wave to build at least 2 of em & sell off the individual figs.

15 hours ago, Fitz616 said:

With so many comments about Siryn, Black Tom, and Banshee, maybe Hasbro would be better off doing a Cassidy Family Reunion three pack. (And be sure to throw in some alternative heads Hasbro!)

For the rest of the wave I am assuming there will be a Deadpool (Weapon X maybe). Hoping for  X-Factor Wolfsbane, X-Force Rictor, Maverick, and MLF Forearm.

Multi-pack or single release we need the Cassidy's to be done

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 2:55 AM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I know I'm in the minority here, bit if they do X-Factor Wolfsbane, I want it with an alternate "ponytail" head, never been a fan of the Wolverine style hair she has.

Yeah, what’s the deal with that hairstyle? It was obviously popular for Marvel characters in the 90’s: Wolfsbane, Feral, Wildside. Wolverine started it all decades earlier, of course. But Rogue and Storm sported something like it around Inferno. Is it just easy to draw? Could you imagine seeing someone around town wearing that style?

10 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Yeah, what’s the deal with that hairstyle? It was obviously popular for Marvel characters in the 90’s: Wolfsbane, Feral, Wildside. Wolverine started it all decades earlier, of course. But Rogue and Storm sported something like it around Inferno. Is it just easy to draw? Could you imagine seeing someone around town wearing that style?

Add Cerise and Deathbird to that list.

19 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

You guys are crazy.  I think it looks awesome in real life.

Rfa7uqQ.thumb.jpg.369f27080f4a2d84e21399fd876bc0ae.jpg

19 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I think somewhere along the way (largely because of Wolverine no doubt) it somehow became visual shorthand for characters that were "Wild" in some fashion, particularly among the X-Characters and particularly under Marc Silvestri's pencils.  Whether wild in the sense of having feral aspects (Wolfsbane, Feral, etc...) or in the sense of "I cannot/will not be controlled or reined in" (Rogue, Storm). 

I was a little young to be paying attention at the time but even in old photos it doesn't seem like that "style" was ever particularly prevalent (in the real world) outside of maybe music videos or fashion runways.

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I think somewhere along the way (largely because of Wolverine no doubt) it somehow became visual shorthand for characters that were "Wild" in some fashion, particularly among the X-Characters and particularly under Marc Silvestri's pencils.  Whether wild in the sense of having feral aspects (Wolfsbane, Feral, etc...) or in the sense of "I cannot/will not be controlled or reined in" (Rogue, Storm). 

I was a little young to be paying attention at the time but even in old photos it doesn't seem like that "style" was ever particularly prevalent (in the real world) outside of maybe music videos or fashion runways.

That makes sense. Especially in the case of Malice-Polaris, and the Inferno-era X-Men. I wonder if it really was related to Wolverine, and another character becoming more like him.