The rest of the Strong Guy Wave????

ender82

2 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I think the biggest thing with Copycat would be figuring out exactly which costume to go with since she never really had a definitive one.

Well, so many people want a classic Domino from the original X-Force lineup... and Copycat posed as Domino at that time, so... 

Classic Domino called "Copycat" on the package! 😉

53 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Just gonna buy Strong guy on his own. Get Warpath solo as well.

I thought about doing that but I figure after paying like 80 dollars on Ebay for him and getting Warpath and Sunspot on their own will probably will cost the same as buying the whole wave. I am debating on Strong Guy if I want him or not just to complete a team. I am not really a big fan of him.

30 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

I thought about doing that but I figure after paying like 80 dollars on Ebay for him and getting Warpath and Sunspot on their own will probably will cost the same as buying the whole wave. I am debating on Strong Guy if I want him or not just to complete a team. I am not really a big fan of him.

True, while it's a very visually cool figure, I've never been a huge fan of a guy that can die of a heart attack if he absorbs too much kinetic energy. I may just get Warpath & Black Tom.

11 hours ago, tarot said:

Well I don't see why Copycat wouldn't come, especially since she is technically in the movies. Deadpool's girlfriend. Yeah that's that basically the same character. 

Yeah, Vanessa would bea good choice. Maybe it's due to the fact she hasn't been in the comics for ages.

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

Nah. I don't think that would work. I mean for it to work for the Movie and comic alterating head they would also have to include hands as well. Not to mention I have never seen Dom dress like that.

Also the looks could be jarring

7 hours ago, IsaiahWayne said:

I’m also hoping that it is Siryn. It seems like many of us have been requesting Siryn for a long time, so this wave would be a good opportunity for that. If there has to be another Deadpool figure I would like it to be a Dead Man Wade from AoA figure. 

I would prefer to see Weapon X DP, if there is another DP in the wave

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

So current rumour right now is this character named Shiklah? 😴

Honestly I'd rather it be another umpteenth Deadpool, and that says a lot.

Shiklah is/was an important part of DP's life recently being his wife and everything

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Shiklah is/was an important part of DP's life recently being his wife and everything

So the wave's pegwarmer then? j/k

I just hope the rumours are wrong. There's so many other heavy-hitter X-related characters that haven't even made their debut in the 6" form. I mean if we're going with DP's former flames, there's Siryn and I would hazard a guess a lot more people would like that.

57 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

So the wave's pegwarmer then? j/k

I just hope the rumours are wrong. There's so many other heavy-hitter X-related characters that haven't even made their debut in the 6" form. I mean if we're going with DP's former flames, there's Siryn and I would hazard a guess a lot more people would like that.

Agreed, I know she's an important part of his storyline, but if they were reaching for some female representation there were just so many more options to go with. Siryn, Feral and Copycat just to name a few. Still her design is quite risque (as far as ML goes recently, anyway), and I'm interested how they do it. Probably just gonna be a straight repaint of the new Scarlet Witch figure.

As far as which 2nd DP they're gonna do, I'm gonna take a huge guess and say it'll be the Secret Secret Wars DP, with a hologram shield instead of a BAF piece.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:24 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

So current rumour right now is this character named Shiklah? 😴

Honestly I'd rather it be another umpteenth Deadpool, and that says a lot.

I appreciate the difficult situation Hasbro and Marvel are in trying to please young and old fans. How many of us are clamoring for thirty or forty year old characters? When I was young I didn't like the 70's or 80's figures as much because I really hadn't seen them. It's too bad to have to buy something one doesn't want, but a broad market is a good problem for Hasbro to have, but the diversity means someone is always going to be unhappy.

20 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I appreciate the difficult situation Hasbro and Marvel are in trying to please young and old fans. How many of us are clamoring for thirty or forty year old characters? When I was young I didn't like the 70's or 80's figures as much because I really hadn't seen them. It's too bad to have to buy something one doesn't want, but a broad market is a good problem for Hasbro to have, but the diversity means someone is always going to be unhappy.

You don't have to buy something you don't want. No-one is threatening you to buy every single toy. If you want to complete a BAF then you can buy the pieces separately.

As for Shiklah Vs Siryn/Copycat/etc this is the Classic/Modern debate. 

11 hours ago, leokearon said:

You don't have to buy something you don't want. No-one is threatening you to buy every single toy. If you want to complete a BAF then you can buy the pieces separately.

I know this wasn’t addressed to me but I’ll just say I still have an incomplete Sauron (missing arm/wing from Wolverine, got the lame Deadpool figures on clearance), and Caliban (missing arm from Skullbuster). I don’t need Wendigo.

I don’t have a problem with waiting for figures to lower in price or go on clearance. That’s pretty much how I’m completing my “Amahl Farouk.” I had no plans on buying any of the Spidey figs but Walmart in Canada put that wave on clearance recently so I’m close to completing Shadowking.

If it does end up being Shiklah + how many Deadpool figures in that wave (hope it’s just the blue one), I’ll just have a limbless Strong Guy for a few months. Again I don’t have problem with that.

I just hope that hypothetical Shiklah doesn’t come with the torso. But of course she will!

On 3/23/2020 at 4:19 AM, leokearon said:

As for Shiklah Vs Siryn/Copycat/etc this is the Classic/Modern debate. 

You are correct, no one I should forcing me to buy them. I did not intend to sound like a whiny victim. It was a figure of speech. It’s funny that’s out of a sympathetic and positive post, you were able to find something to critique.

Hasbro has a good problem trying to keep a diverse fan base happy, and they are doing an a good job picking BAFs if people feel the pinch between buying a figure they don’t like, or going to the secondary market.