The Top 10 Marvel Legends 6" Comic Book Based Figures I Want To See In 2020

JayC

My top 10 are classic Avenger heavy as that is my favorite team ever, especially the 70s-80s versions.  I left out Silver Centurion IM & Classic War Machine cuz I just feel that they will be getting done soon, these others have all either never been done in ML 6' scale or are long over do for redos or in Thanos & Ultron's  case, all that's been done to death is MCU versions & Thanos modern comic based version. I want his Classic Jim Starlin version & at a proper scale not Hulk Sized along with a Perez based Ultron. Thanos is not, & never was taller than the Hulk in the comics until the MCU jacked it all up with the scale.

EEZucXp.jpg

iQqMQZD.jpg

lhnVHah.jpg

lcU65RN.jpg

iJOCRKD.jpg

lC0N6z4.jpg

iHtZ4cR.jpg

6utfLtB.jpg

uuXude4.jpg

9rnn8Vv.jpg

6 hours ago, Gigantor said:

My top 10 are classic Avenger heavy as that is my favorite team ever, especially the 70s-80s versions.  I left out Silver Centurion IM & Classic War Machine cuz I just feel that they will be getting done soon, these others have all either never been done in ML 6' scale or are long over do for redos or in Thanos & Ultron's  case, all that's been done to death is MCU versions & Thanos modern comic based version. I want his Classic Jim Starlin version & at a proper scale not Hulk Sized along with a Perez based Ultron. Thanos is not, & never was taller than the Hulk in the comics until the MCU jacked it all up with the scale.

EEZucXp.jpg

iQqMQZD.jpg

lhnVHah.jpg

lcU65RN.jpg

iJOCRKD.jpg

lC0N6z4.jpg

iHtZ4cR.jpg

6utfLtB.jpg

uuXude4.jpg

9rnn8Vv.jpg

Can't hate on that. I think most lists are gonna be Avengers heavy for the simple fact that so many have yet to be done do to the sheer obligation of movie figures who now make up 50 to 100 percent of all Avengers based waves. A few all comic based waves would fill a lot of holes in a similar way that the, as to date, all comic based X-Men waves have done.

My list would echo this one except for weirdo, pervy, pedo, creepy, predator, stalker Starfox would be replaced by Tigra and 70's Disco Queen Wonder Man would be replaced by Iron Patriot with Osborn alternate head sculpt that is scaled to also work with the Green Goblin figure. Also, seriously dude, how many comic Thanos' do we need? I honestly doubt a Perez specific stylized version would differ all that much from the figure they've already done. If anything, just do it as an alternate head sculpt. For that one I would sub in the fan fave Firestar as well. Now that all worlds have converged it's not too far out to imagine her being jammed into one of the next Spider-Man waves.

BTW, that Barry Windsor Smith version of Firestar is the hands down most hideous rendering of the character I've ever seen. That guy had a way of making every female character look like Uma Thurman at a time before Uma Thurman was even a thing.

The only comic based Thanos that Hasbro has done is the modern version that I believe was a BAF & then a Walmart exclusive. All the rest have been MCU based. They have yet to give us a Starlin or Ron Lim based classic comic 70s-80s Thanos. He would be ideal in an 80th wave type deluxe wave. He could come with alternate head sculpts, fist/open hands & Power FX type hand blasting attachments. A classic Perez based 70s Ultron is also way overdo.  I didn't mean to imply that I wanted a BWS Quasar, just in that costume. I agree that he did draw even male characters in a feminine way. Never liked his Conan or Wolvy renditions

5eU3uCB.jpg

aLwILWt.jpg

XI4rr9u.jpg

here is some that come to mind

Clea

Agony

Phage

Riot

Classic Moon Knight

Werewolf By Night

Vengeance

Penance (Gen X)

M (Gen X)

Lady Hellbender

And 5000 others like Orb, Nekra, Firestar, Protogoblin, Black Swan, Shiklah, and maybe since we got some hulk action lets get Weapon H (pretty much just need to add some things to gray hulk)

Have it on good authority (Uatu came to me in a dream) that by 2020 we will see the FF "negative" outfits, with Blastarr, Mole Man and Annihilus  BAF.  Same year we'll get an FF 3 pack with Sub-Mariner (70s outfit), translucent Invisible Woman, and an all-red (none of this  stupid yellow head nonsense) Human Torch (Sunfire body buck most likely and new flame effects).

I have spoken.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

The only comic based Thanos that Hasbro has done is the modern version that I believe was a BAF & then a Walmart exclusive. All the rest have been MCU based. They have yet to give us a Starlin or Ron Lim based classic comic 70s-80s Thanos. He would be ideal in an 80th wave type deluxe wave. He could come with alternate head sculpts, fist/open hands & Power FX type hand blasting attachments. A classic Perez based 70s Ultron is also way overdo.  I didn't mean to imply that I wanted a BWS Quasar, just in that costume. I agree that he did draw even male characters in a feminine way. Never liked his Conan or Wolvy renditions

No, I wasn't assuming you were wanting an artist specific Quasar (I think that one was actually Greg Capullo when he first started) I was just referencing the art work posted by JayC in the very first post. Not criticizing the list but I was surprised at the artwork he chose for such a beloved character as Firestar. Ultimately he just probably picked the first picture that came up when he searched for it and it means absolutely nothing. It's just every time I see BWS art it reminds me of how many times as a kid I would pick up a book and find out he was subbing in as an artist and though the story was probably okay the art was the stuff of nightmares. He's a classically trained artist with his own stylistic imprint, but when your art is so awkward that one actually prefers the art of an anatomically ignorant hack like Liefeld, it's pretty damn bad. Just tapping into some deep rooted far back comic book reading memories. Coincidentally, my disdain for Starfox also comes outta childhood flashbacks. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...