Does somebody think that current marvel legends series need more articulations like fingers and etc.

TimUtg

No. Finger articulation is a bad idea. It made the hand fatter then should to accommodate the fingers and the finger would get bend, wrapped and alot of the time break off. 

Toe articulation, while great for figures like spidey, also have this problem but would also make the figure hard to stand. 

Beside, except for the elbows on female figure, we are getting plenty of articulation on figure. Don't ruin it with articulation we don't need especially with all the hands and stuff we get

I actually held out on collecting Legends because I thought the Toy Biz figures were over-articulated messes that often looked more like a collection of joints and hinges than characters. I think Hasbro's current lines perfectly embody having enough articulation to enable a huge variety of dynamic poses but not having so much that it takes away from the look of the figures, all at a reasonable pricepoint. I'd be disappointed to see them take a step backward unless they did it in a new and clever way that dealt with the original issues.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:22 AM, Benn said:

I actually held out on collecting Legends because I thought the Toy Biz figures were over-articulated messes that often looked more like a collection of joints and hinges than characters. I think Hasbro's current lines perfectly embody having enough articulation to enable a huge variety of dynamic poses but not having so much that it takes away from the look of the figures, all at a reasonable pricepoint. I'd be disappointed to see them take a step backward unless they did it in a new and clever way that dealt with the original issues.

I agree with this statement

The Toy Biz Elektra is a lanky, cut up, frankenhooker mess, and while the Toy Biz Bullseye is a great looking figure, the articulated fingers and toes get stress wear and break way too easily, plus with the QC issues that Hasbro has been having the past couple years, I think adding more articulation is a bad move...

I'm not sure they need more articulation as much as they "need" more accessories. If I miss something from the ToyBiz days is the display bases, and maybe the paint washes that really made the sculpt pop... but it some were terrible so I don't really miss that.

I'd rather we get more alt heads and hands than fingers or removeable helmets, for example. Toe articulation is case sensitive, Spidey characters might need them, but I think that's pretty much it...

You know what, changed my mind, some characters do need more articulation, female characters in general need an upgrade desperately to their range of motion, specially in the abdomen. 

52 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I'm not sure they need more articulation as much as they "need" more accessories. If I miss something from the ToyBiz days is the display bases, and maybe the paint washes that really made the sculpt pop... but it some were terrible so I don't really miss that.

I'd rather we get more alt heads and hands than fingers or removeable helmets, for example. Toe articulation is case sensitive, Spidey characters might need them, but I think that's pretty much it...

You know what, changed my mind, some characters do need more articulation, female characters in general need an upgrade desperately to their range of motion, specially in the abdomen. 

The amount of characters than are missing accessories is pretty much unacceptable.

The current ML is the comfortable medium between too much articulation (Toybiz) and not enough articulation (McFarlane, even currently) finger articulation is overboard and really makes the figure look bad. Jazzwares is making it work but they are designing the accessories (a word Hasbro is not familiar with) to accommodate them and I don't think they would lose any support of they did away with it altogether. Toe articulation is on par with butterfly articulation. It may help for some figures but not always necessary. I like that they take it as a character based decision such as Beast and Spider-Man. Some people are bugged by the females' lack of double jointed elbows, but I can understand it was a judgment call made on behalf of aesthetics and I can respect that. I personally don't like the way the double joints make the much thinner female arms look and the female figures that do have them are quite flimsy and have a tendency to tear as the thickness of the material of the hinges have to be made much thinner than a male buck. Though cost is the bottom line most of the time, there's still a bit of science and reasoning in most of what Hasbro does, and the concert of putting out product that's more fragile and flimsy and breakable than standard is paramount.

So no, the biggest issue Hasbro has is not the articulation itself but the lack of specific accessories designed to work with the available articulation, and the nitpicking of minor costs to do so is the problem. A prime example is the recent Gamerverse Spider-Men from the Demogoblin wave. One comes with facial webbing, another comes with body webbing. Neither of them is not all that bulky or even that well done. Would it really have been that much trouble or cost to include both accessories with both figures?

This is about as perfect an example as it can get that shows when articulation goes overboard. The bodies that Toybiz used had odd proportions and looked very little like actual humans. Plus when finger joints got loose DDcoulnt even hold his batton.

the figure in the right is better but with terrible hip joints made for a great pose but very little action.

i think Hasbro’s version in the middle gets the human proportions right as well as about the perfect articulation scheme. 

No.  It was a cool idea until you realized how unstable the toe articulation made some characters' feet.  There are some, Spider-Man and Nightcrawler come to mind, that could benefit, but for the most part no to toe articulation.  And a hearty no to finger articulation as well.  Hasbro already has swappable hands for most characters that would benefit from this old/new articulation point.  Plus no articulated hand holds a weapon or accessory as well as a molded hand.  Among my old ToyBiz figures some have even started to have their hands fall apart.  Both Venom and Man-Thing, two great figures from the ToyBiz days, with articulated fingers have slowly had those fingers loosen and fall off.  It's actually left me a bit concerned even with my McFarlane Spidey that it will eventually do the same.  

The long and short is we don't need these pieces of articulation with the modern Hasbro Legends articulation schemes.  Toes could benefit a couple characters, but if they never happen again it's no travesty.  

I think more characters could benefit from the butterfly joint, and toe articulation, as long as it's the right characters. Their female articulation is lacking though, and they need more hands other than the splayed fingers and fists. I think overall Hasbro is really coming into it with the articulation. 

The bigger concern is the lack of accessories. Their should never be a figure that doesn't come with anything, but a BAF piece. Alt head, alt set of hands & 2 power effects should be the minimum. That's the real problem. 

Hasbro needs to start making 2 alternate heads for every figure released from now on, a stoic head sculpt & a "going into battle, gritted teeth or yelling head" sculpt & at least 3-4 different sets of hands ala Shang Chi. I'd take that over a BAF that is of a lame character or a normal human sized character that didn't  rate the BAF treatment in the 1st place! Shang Chi is severely lacking the alternate yelling " Hiyaaaaaaa" head sculpt & I hope that Hasbro includes it in some future Shang Chi movie based wave later in the yr.

• 3 weeks later...

The early Hasbro Legends were way behind the Toy-Biz Legends in the area of articulation. They introduced that weird elbow and knee joint that severely limited movement. They still use it. That would be one area they should work to improve. I know there are problems with the double jointed elbow, particularly in female character figures. I'm sure they'll find a solution to this.

Hasbro has really impressed me with the ankle joints of late. Blink is able to do some really dynamic poses with her teleportation ring because of the stiff but flexible ankle joint. The Patch Wolverine is another that I enjoy for this.

Fingers are cool when they are executed well. I have a few figures whose fingers are inserted out of order. It works well with BAFs like Giant-Man, MODOK. The face-off Captain America works too, since he often gets posed pointed toward the battle.

Do you have any figures in mind that need fingers? I really think Hasbro eliminated the need for articulated fingers by packing in multiple hands. That's an improvement over Toy-Biz to me.

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 8:10 PM, TimUtg said:

For example, back in those times when Toy Biz existed. I really loved their articulations and details. However, now marvel legends series seem kinda boring without those features... what do you think ?

ooh boy, you may be in the minority. Many of those toybiz figures are hard to look at, with their mutilated faces, hand painted teeth, overlong gorilla arms, and the women all having too tiny heads. Finger articulation was the worst because it forced the hands to get bigger just to accommodate the knuckle joints, which caused those giant gorilla arms.

I thank the toy gods every day that those days are over.