Which characters would you like to see released as a BAF in 2020?

Toby404

Hi guys hope you all had a good Christmas! Which Characters would you like to see Released as a BAG in 2020?

It can be from a wave that’s been announced but doesn’t yet have a confirmed build a figure or from a wave of your own imagining.

Personally I’d love to see another Thor wave next year with Dario Agger (Minotaur form), although I don’t think we’ll see one now until Love and Thunder(2021). It should be simple to do just the sensibility buck with some retooling and a new head sculpt. It could maybe come with an axe as an accessory.

Knull the symbiote god would also be amazing. It could come as part of a Spider-Man wave or ideally with a venom wave released for the sequel.

I’ll be interested to see what you guys come up with. My picks are both pretty new characters but I feel like they would be a welcome addition to my shelves.

It's tough to project desirable build-a-figures because it requires an entire wave's worth of figures I want and so far that has never, ever been the case.

However, some larger scale characters I would love to get figures of include:

• Annihilus
  • Blastaar
  • Titanium Man
  • Ulik the Troll (I know he was already released in the box set)
  • Stilt-Man
  • Orka

Off  the top of my head i would suggest:

• Stegron for a spidey wave - mostly because that Sauron figure was so awesome
  • Blob for an x-wave
  • Nimrod for an x-wave
  • Mr Hyde for either a spidey or avengers wave

I am mostly done with trying to complete BAFs but the above 4 would be tough for me to resist.

Honestly my preference would be for each one to get a 2-pack with some variant of a popular hero (probably Spidey, Wolverine, Rogue, for the 1st three ... Hyde could be paired with either Spidey, Thor, or Daredevil). I just its easier than buying a whole wave and also the figures tend to be a bit sturdier when they come pre-assembled... a lot of my BAFs have loose joints or pieces that don't want to stay attached, etc.

I feel like Blastaar could be a solo release and Annihilus could be too if they scale his wings back somewhat, but both would be great characters to get.

Things like Sentinel, Galactus, Celestials would be cool but they would definitely be undersized.

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Off  the top of my head i would suggest:

• Stegron for a spidey wave - mostly because that Sauron figure was so awesome
  • Blob for an x-wave
  • Nimrod for an x-wave
  • Mr Hyde for either a spidey or avengers wave

I am mostly done with trying to complete BAFs but the above 4 would be tough for me to resist.

Honestly my preference would be for each one to get a 2-pack with some variant of a popular hero (probably Spidey, Wolverine, Rogue, for the 1st three ... Hyde could be paired with either Spidey, Thor, or Daredevil). I just its easier than buying a whole wave and also the figures tend to be a bit sturdier when they come pre-assembled... a lot of my BAFs have loose joints or pieces that don't want to stay attached, etc.

I feel like Blastaar could be a solo release and Annihilus could be too if they scale his wings back somewhat, but both would be great characters to get.

Things like Sentinel, Galactus, Celestials would be cool but they would definitely be undersized.

Yeah I’m with you on some of those. The second coming Nimrods or any variant of the sentinels would lend themselves well to a two pack or being single packaged rather than being BAFs as I’d imagine most people would want to army build them

Stegron and I guess Morlun, with the new sculpting that Morlun will require I guess he has to be a BAF.  On the bright side there will be plenty of reusable parts for a Sebastian Shaw if Morlun happens.

14 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Unless they did a full Iron Man wave, which I think there is plenty of interest in. 

I've been crossing my fingers so hard and for so long for an Iron Man wave, I think they're locked in that position now.

I believe it's ridiculous that there has only been one Iron Man wave in the entirety of Marvel Legends' run. On the other hand, Spider-Man is getting his 13th wave. Please, Hasbro, just divert the budget to another character just one time. One. Please.

17 hours ago, ADour said:

I believe it's ridiculous that there has only been one Iron Man wave in the entirety of Marvel Legends' run. On the other hand, Spider-Man is getting his 13th wave. Please, Hasbro, just divert the budget to another character just one time. One. Please.

I mean, if Hasbro was gun-shy they could even include the comic book Iron Spider version of Spider-Man with a bunch of Iron Man characters to make it a stealth Iron Man wave. 😉

23 hours ago, ADour said:

I've been crossing my fingers so hard and for so long for an Iron Man wave, I think they're locked in that position now.

Especially as it was the Ironmonger wave that got me back into Marvel legends

On 12/29/2019 at 1:21 PM, ADour said:

Agree that Hasbro plays it safe. Spidey will sell hence 13 waves ( is that accurate?dang!!) 

Reminds me of DC/ Warner bros.. always playing it safe so we keep getting Batman and Superman Movies. They take a chance and give us Wonder Woman and Aquaman and (shocker ) people flock to see something new.

Hasbro has done a great job of giving us a remarkable selection but can still play it safe. On one hand we have gotten a wide variety of the Spidey universe but it still another Spidey wave.

Imagine if they took that chance and gave us the much requested Iron Man or Thor wave. Feel their efforts would pay off from those of us that want that something new.

for BAFS, I’d like 

MR. Hyde.. awesome monster would fit in with legends and horror

Box. Just him and Marina and Alpha Flight is complete for me

Clint Barton Goliath. Goofy 60s charm 

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

Agree that Hasbro plays it safe. Spidey will sell hence 13 waves ( is that accurate?dang!!) 

Reminds me of DC/ Warner bros.. always playing it safe so we keep getting Batman and Superman Movies. They take a chance and give us Wonder Woman and Aquaman and (shocker ) people flock to see something new.

Hasbro has done a great job of giving us a remarkable selection but can still play it safe. On one hand we have gotten a wide variety of the Spidey universe but it still another Spidey wave.

Imagine if they took that chance and gave us the much requested Iron Man or Thor wave. Feel their efforts would pay off from those of us that want that something new.

I understand the point of sticking to the most popular characters... but, c'mon. It's not like an Iron Man, Thor, Captain America or Hulk wave is a risk.

Hasbro's excessive focus on the Spider-Man and X-Men lines means they can use them to explore the obscure corners of their worlds (with figures like White Rabbit or Skullbuster), like you mentioned, but at the cost of overlooking lower-hanging fruits that can't fit in these lines. We can't even rely on catch-all waves since those include MCU figures. And since the most wanted figures are the MCU ones, the comic figures end up being characters like Rock Python and Nighthawk.

I don't want to bring down the mood, but I feel kinda bummed that as a fan of a popular character like Iron Man, I have to build my collection out of breadcrumbs and crossing my fingers. However, if I were a Spider-Man fan, it's a given that I'd have to wait only four months to get at the very least one more version of the main hero, plus at the very least two of his villains, no matter how obscure they could be.

2 hours ago, ADour said:

I understand the point of sticking to the most popular characters... but, c'mon. It's not like an Iron Man, Thor, Captain America or Hulk wave is a risk.

Hasbro's excessive focus on the Spider-Man and X-Men lines means they can use them to explore the obscure corners of their worlds (with figures like White Rabbit or Skullbuster), like you mentioned, but at the cost of overlooking lower-hanging fruits that can't fit in these lines. We can't even rely on catch-all waves since those include MCU figures. And since the most wanted figures are the MCU ones, the comic figures end up being characters like Rock Python and Nighthawk.

I don't want to bring down the mood, but I feel kinda bummed that as a fan of a popular character like Iron Man, I have to build my collection out of breadcrumbs and crossing my fingers. However, if I were a Spider-Man fan, it's a given that I'd have to wait only four months to get at the very least one more version of the main hero, plus at the very least two of his villains, no matter how obscure they could be.

It is the same with Transformers, it's always Optimus, Megatrons and Starscreams and the same old 84/85 line-up when are the European TFS getting a look in?

9 hours ago, ADour said:

Hopefully if the FF wave does well they’ll start to diversify. I think they’re struggling with the Spider-Man waves (two figures from the game in one wave is evidence🤣)...I just hope they don’t put all their focus on x-men. I love collecting the x-men but I really don’t think we need a whole wave devoted to Age of Apocalypse. Their just alternate versions of characters we already have. I’d rather see them release characters we don’t have like Armor or Rockslide.

1 hour ago, Toby404 said:

Hopefully if the FF wave does well they’ll start to diversify. I think they’re struggling with the Spider-Man waves (two figures from the game in one wave is evidence🤣)...I just hope they don’t put all their focus on x-men. I love collecting the x-men but I really don’t think we need a whole wave devoted to Age of Apocalypse. Their just alternate versions of characters we already have. I’d rather see them release characters we don’t have like Armor or Rockslide.

While I agree completely on wishing for Armor and Rockslide, I understand the appeal the AoA wave has. If I understand the kind of collector you are, I used to be like you: happy to get a version of a new character you like, no matter which costume or era, just the character in 6" format so to place it in your collection.  I used to mix comic and MCU figures on my display and it was great.

Right now, I'd rather mount specific displays, AoU, Infinity War, Endgame... hence me not minding buying duplicates of certain characters as to display them accordingly... so yeah, I don't need an AoA wave, but I'm sure someone does.

53 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

While I agree completely on wishing for Armor and Rockslide, I understand the appeal the AoA wave has. If I understand the kind of collector you are, I used to be like you: happy to get a version of a new character you like, no matter which costume or era, just the character in 6" format so to place it in your collection.  I used to mix comic and MCU figures on my display and it was great.

Right now, I'd rather mount specific displays, AoU, Infinity War, Endgame... hence me not minding buying duplicates of certain characters as to display them accordingly... so yeah, I don't need an AoA wave, but I'm sure someone does.

Yeah I can understand the appeal for some people but I only really Display 616 comic figures on my shelves although I’ll take variant costumes and display them elsewhere (grey and black xforce costumes for example). I just think a whole wave for AOA when there’s so many major main universe X-characters we’ve not got yet is a bit extreme. 

I think it would be better if they were to drip feed AOA variants in the regular x-waves maybe 1 or 2 per wave. That would benefit the collectors that appreciate the alternate universe variants as well, as when they are done with AOA they could move on to Days of Future Past or House of M. I can’t see either of those two getting their own waves. 

I get that there are some collectors that really want the AOA wave but I’d rather there wasn’t a whole wave wasted on versions of characters we have already got and were short lived when there’s still characters we’ve never got or are really outdated. 

Thats collecting for you, Hasbro are never gonna make everybody happy at the same time with every decision they make.

1 hour ago, Toby404 said:

Yeah I can understand the appeal for some people but I only really Display 616 comic figures on my shelves although I’ll take variant costumes and display them elsewhere (grey and black xforce costumes for example). I just think a whole wave for AOA when there’s so many major main universe X-characters we’ve not got yet is a bit extreme. 

I think it would be better if they were to drip feed AOA variants in the regular x-waves maybe 1 or 2 per wave. That would benefit the collectors that appreciate the alternate universe variants as well, as when they are done with AOA they could move on to Days of Future Past or House of M. I can’t see either of those two getting their own waves. 

I get that there are some collectors that really want the AOA wave but I’d rather there wasn’t a whole wave wasted on versions of characters we have already got and were short lived when there’s still characters we’ve never got or are really outdated. 

Thats collecting for you, Hasbro are never gonna make everybody happy at the same time with every decision they make.

Yeah personally i have no interest in any AoA figs as i never read the comic storyline, but thats fine as i can't afford to get all the ML figs i want as it is. I do hope we at least get a 1st appearance Storm next year somewhere in there, and wouldn't mind some sort of Angel figure and Banshee as well. But if its not in the cards for 2020, so be it. 

More to your point, i don't mind fudging costumes a bit and mixing eras, particularly if it seems unlikely that another version will be coming soon. Hercules and Beta Ray Bill both come to mind, as i would've preferred more classic versions but they both have enough of the classic features that i can let it slide. But for something like infamous doom i was willing to let it pass and wait for a more classic version, which luckily  we didn't have to wait too long for.

7 hours ago, leokearon said:

It is the same with Transformers, it's always Optimus, Megatrons and Starscreams and the same old 84/85 line-up when are the European TFS getting a look in?

I think it's more comparable if it was a situation like being a fan of Starscream, yet Hasbro focusing solely on Optimus Prime and Megatron. Iron Man is a character that Hasbro could totally milk the crap out of, it's not as if I were asking for a Moon Knight wave.