Which characters would you like to see released as a BAF in 2020?

Toby404

6 hours ago, Toby404 said:

Hopefully if the FF wave does well they’ll start to diversify. I think they’re struggling with the Spider-Man waves (two figures from the game in one wave is evidence🤣)...I just hope they don’t put all their focus on x-men. I love collecting the x-men but I really don’t think we need a whole wave devoted to Age of Apocalypse. Their just alternate versions of characters we already have. I’d rather see them release characters we don’t have like Armor or Rockslide.

I'm also hoping for that. The FF wave has the potential to be a good precedent and maybe Hasbro could at the very least start some kind of rotation, focusing on several lines over the year instead of just Spider-Man and X-Men, Spider-Man and X-Men.

20 hours ago, Toby404 said:

I just think a whole wave for AOA when there’s so many major main universe X-characters we’ve not got yet is a bit extreme.

They went out of their way with the first wave to include as many 616-relevant characters as they could, though. X-Man and Dark Beast have been living in 616 as their own distinct characters ever since the original Age of Apocalypse story. Sunfire took on this look as a horseman of Apocalypse in 616. Morph doesn't have a 616 figure yet, and the Morph from the Exiles looks identical to this. Wild Child, Jean, and Weapon X are the only ones who are really specific to the Age of Apocalypse, and even Wild Child has worn similar costumes in 616, I think (and is newish to the toy line). As waves from alternate realities are concerned, this one feels like a pretty big win for you. And if the BAF is either Holocaust or Sugar Man, that'll be another 616 refugee with no previous figure (at least recently).

24 minutes ago, Benn said:

They went out of their way with the first wave to include as many 616-relevant characters as they could, though. X-Man and Dark Beast have been living in 616 as their own distinct characters ever since the original Age of Apocalypse story. Sunfire took on this look as a horseman of Apocalypse in 616. Morph doesn't have a 616 figure yet, and the Morph from the Exiles looks identical to this. Wild Child, Jean, and Weapon X are the only ones who are really specific to the Age of Apocalypse, and even Wild Child has worn similar costumes in 616, I think (and is newish to the toy line). As waves from alternate realities are concerned, this one feels like a pretty big win for you. And if the BAF is either Holocaust or Sugar Man, that'll be another 616 refugee with no previous figure (at least recently).

Actually you’re right I didn’t think of that at all. I’d probably be alright with an additional wave now if they included Iceman and Nightcrawler. I forgot they played an important part in Rick Remender’s  run of Uncanny Xmen 

Uatu the Watcher.

Neither Toy Biz nor Hasbro has done any version of the character despite being a long standing classic fixture of the Marvel Universe.  He transcends any specific affiliation so he could be attached to any series of figures. 

Diamond Select did a figure long ago but has never re-released it, so it’s expensive on the secondary market.  

If not a BAF then hopefully we can get him as a deluxe figure or online exclusive.

45E32D11-CDC4-4C10-82C3-25C4FA1E658A.jpeg

1 hour ago, BradMan said:

Uatu the Watcher.

Neither Toy Biz nor Hasbro has done any version of the character despite being a long standing classic fixture of the Marvel Universe.  He transcends any specific affiliation so he could be attached to any series of figures. 

Diamond Select did a figure long ago but has never re-released it, so it’s expensive on the secondary market.  

If not a BAF then hopefully we can get him as a deluxe figure or online exclusive.

Holy crap I never realized this...

7 hours ago, BradMan said:

Uatu the Watcher.

Agreed! Heck, I think a straight re-release of the Diamond Select version would be in everyone's best interests! 

2 hours ago, mako said:

Well, another year, another Godzilla movie. I still want a BAF of Marvel's interpretation of the character . . . or at least the mutated version Doctor Demonicus brewed up in Iron Man #193. A Red Ronin BAF would be greatly appreciated to.

The Demonicius version could be possible but a Marvel Godzilla would be out of the question 

2 hours ago, mako said:

Well, another year, another Godzilla movie. I still want a BAF of Marvel's interpretation of the character . . . or at least the mutated version Doctor Demonicus brewed up in Iron Man #193. A Red Ronin BAF would be greatly appreciated to.

A Marvel style Godzilla would be insane! Red Ronin even more so!! Yes, all you fellow fans of a younger vintage; Marvel Godzilla was a thing, and it was awesome! Well, we can dream, but you never know!

15 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I like the idea of Nimrod and Box. But are those guys really BAF-size characters? Are you just accepting that Hasbro has reduced the size of the average BAFs now? That’s cool, just wondering.

If Hasbro will ever do a full 12” figure, then Atlas should be it.

Nimrod is 3 meters tall, that 9ft? I see no reason that Hasbro can't make a large sized character past that 8.5 scale. Actually,  GOTG EE box set Groot is 9' tall. Box I & Box II were both listed as being 7ftt all. So a 7.5 or even 8' scale Box would be in scale with the ML standard scale of 6.5' equaling a 6ftt all character. Box would have to be proportionately thick in mass though. The arms & legs of classic Colossus could work well for Box, he would just need a new head sculpt, torso  & lower arms/lower legs.  Nimrod is one of my most long awaited & severely over due X-characters ever!

Box II.jpg

Nimrod.jpg

without thinking too hard and just off my head, these would be fantastic to get

Blackheart

Mangog

Stegron

Surtur

Ursa Major

Manphibian

Man-Spider

Chthon

Grendel (Symbiote)