Marvel Legends 6" GamerVerse Spider-Armor Mark 3 Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" GamerVerse Spider-Armor Mark 3 figure which is part of the new Spider-Man themed Demogoblin Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-05.JPG

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-04.jpg

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-03.jpg

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-02.jpg

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-01.jpg

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-06.JPG

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-07.JPG

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-08.jpg

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-09.jpg

Spider-Armor-Mark-3-10.jpg

Wow, that thing is absolutely hideous. I didn't think it could get worse than those two nuggets Six Arm Spidey and Doppleganger, but I stand unpleasantly corrected. For the love of all that Stan Lee stood for Hasbro, abandon this Gamerverse PS4 Spidey madness BS now. It's only gonna get worse. And what's up with the size of the thing? Did they use a movie based again to produce such an abomination?

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Wow, that thing is absolutely hideous. I didn't think it could get worse than those two nuggets Six Arm Spidey and Doppleganger, but I stand unpleasantly corrected. For the love of all that Stan Lee stood for Hasbro, abandon this Gamerverse PS4 Spidey madness BS now. It's only gonna get worse. And what's up with the size of the thing? Did they use a movie based again to produce such an abomination?

His chest should definitely be more V shaped but in other ways I think you are being way too extreme, this figure is far superior than 6 arm Spidey and is fairly accurate to the Game model. 

48AD1D36-768B-4F35-8837-2925A188472F.jpeg

8E215C64-96B7-4A0F-8378-EAE5E74B92F9.jpeg

Oh, good lord, this is hideous to the power of 10. It didn't look that bad in preview shots, but....bleeeurrgh. I guess the quality of the Fantastic Four wave (every figure in the Super Skrull wave is just outstanding) necessitated a few more 'mainstream' figures in the follow-up wave. I really do think two Spidey 'armour' figures -especially game-based -  in a six figure wave is two too many.

Can't help but wonder why  Hasbro didn't shove these out as store exclusives, as per the weird white-spider print suit they did last year. I mean, there can't have been clamour & demand for these, and it just makes more sense to put these out as store exclusives (especially when the store in question mostly sells console games).

We haven't exhausted comic-based Spider-Man variants and there's a billion villains and chums that could slot in here...but instead, it's these. What a waste.

As far as the two gamerverse figures in this wave, I do like this one better, but it's only okay, if it wasn't for the BAF piece I'd pass on it, but I'd like to see it in hand before I make any final judgements, I just don't care about the video game or seeing them make video game figures but that is me

6 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

We haven't exhausted comic-based Spider-Man variants and there's a billion villains and chums that could slot in here...but instead, it's these. What a waste.

Exactly! Where's comic Iron Spider? Where's Armored Spider-Man? Where's FA Spider-Man? Spider-Man: India, anyone? Hell, at this point I'll take civilian Peter Parker. The real kicker is that both of these storage bin dwellers actually got new sculpts (wasting precious resources) and they are both bad from both sides of the spectrum. Velocity Suit looks like a smoothed out, detail removed version of the Spidey 2099 buck and the Mark III version has plenty of detail but it is short, laughably thin, terribly painted, and it's overall design is reminiscent of the old Toybiz Scuba Spider-Man or Motorcycle Spider-Man. Personally I'm not a parts swapper, but garbage like this is what drives those idiots to do that kinda crap. I understand game based figures are one of the next steps in the evolution of ML but if you gonna do it at least do it well. Even better, make them exclusives to the stores and customers they're aimed at. Don't try to act like PS4 Spider-Man was some kinda success either cuz by the time the new wore off they couldn't even get rid of those things at $5 a pop. And if your planning on those meager webbing effects to be the main selling point, don't even bother cuz we've been so deficient for them in the past that most of us have learned to make our own by now.

Probably worth noting that the various stakeholders at marvel want to see figures that reflect current or recent marvel products they want to push, be it movie figures (which generally sell very well) , comic figures based on recent "hot" titles or just titles they want to push (Aaron's Thor run, Hickman's Avengers run, Slott's Spidey run etc.. or even stuff like Jessica Drew's "new" outfit from 2014)... and now video game characters.  While i think many of us posting here would like to see more "classic" comic characters made,  hasbro has to appease the powers-that-be at marvel as well, even if that means making figures that, to many of us, yell out "i'm gonna pegwarm like crazy!".   And even then, those predictions can be wrong, especially when it comes to Spidey who generally seems to sell well no matter what costume you put him in.

Of course this is really only a huge issue if you are trying to build a BAF or are a completionist.  SInce hasbro makes 160+ figures per year, i generally find there are more figures i want than i can really afford anyhow so its easy enough to skip the ones i don't like.  tbh i'd be in trouble if hasbro was really making 160 figs per year that i considered "must-have"

19 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

On 12/29/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bluecomet said:

i guess this action figure appeals a lot to those who play the game...I’m more of a comic fan 

This is a comic costume 

spacer.pnglatest?cb=20130815230128

2 hours ago, mako said:

You mean merchandising?

correct, altho i guess i was sorta getting at synergy / cross-promotion?  like, hey we're trying to promote this new gwenpool series so let's make a gwenpool figure... and double pack it!!  altho generally its probably best to assume i have no idea what i'm talking about, anyhow