Marvel Legends 6" Classic Vulture Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Classic Vulture figure which is part of the new Spider-Man themed Demogoblin Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vulture-13.JPG

Well, that's disappointing. I thought that the alternate head was going to be Drago. I was going to get it, but now I'm not. I've still got the original Toy Biz version of Toomes which I like just fine. Saves me $20, I guess. I'll still get Shang-Chi and White Rabbit though.

Best figure of the bunch. Not just cuz we've been waiting for it forever but that it's something everyone wants. Based on the rest of the figures in this wave it's easily understandable why they made the third most desirable figure in the wave the BAF. They simply banked on the fact that after Vulture and Shang-Chi that Demogoblin would push the rest of the wave. Clever, Hasbro. Shady as hell, but clever nonetheless.

In all honesty, after all the BS is wiped away, the real best thing to come outta this wave is that they finally figured out how to do the wings (I assume NASA was involved) and a Falcon of some sort shouldn't be too far behind.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

In all honesty, after all the BS is wiped away, the real best thing to come outta this wave is that they finally figured out how to do the wings (I assume NASA was involved) and a Falcon of some sort shouldn't be too far behind.

Probably a good guess since the feathers are so hard edged and not rounded nor look like feathers and really resemble falcons more than anything. 

19 hours ago, Reno said:

Well, that's disappointing. I thought that the alternate head was going to be Drago. I was going to get it, but now I'm not. I've still got the original Toy Biz version of Toomes which I like just fine. Saves me $20, I guess. I'll still get Shang-Chi and White Rabbit though.

Yeah, when the first pics came out I too thought that was Drago, because prior to that I'd never seen Toomes wearing a skull cap. So its a missed opportunity on Hasbro's part. Not that anyone's clamoring for a separate Drago Vulture figure.

14 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah, when the first pics came out I too thought that was Drago, because prior to that I'd never seen Toomes wearing a skull cap. So its a missed opportunity on Hasbro's part. Not that anyone's clamoring for a separate Drago Vulture figure.

Agreed, does nayone have a clue where the cap Toomes come from?

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Agreed, does nayone have a clue where the cap Toomes come from?

my guess is someone who is not intimately familiar with the material saw some comic artwork of Drago and  just assumed it was Toomes. I mean he has a different expression so its not like they just used the same exact head and gave him a cap. Or alternately, they originally sculpted two uncovered Toomes heads  and decided it would be cool to slap a cap on one of them so that it could be used as a stand-in for Drago.

Although I'm very happy that we got the updated Vulture figure, after seeing the review I somehow feel disappointed.

When we see how good of a job they did with Dr.Doom, or Thor, or Mysterio, or Kraven, Lizard BAF or other re-releases, I'm left feeling like it could've been better.

I have the Toybiz version, which I think still looks very good. I liked the sculpted lines on that figure, so I miss that on this one. And also I liked that he was hunched over.

Anyway, I'm happy to complete my Hasbro sinister six, and very excited that new Falcon is coming.

So after looking at the pictures more and watching the review I see that they pulled an 80th ironman with the bicep parts. They are reversed, at least on MCUCollector24s vulture shown here. Hopefully thats just a QC fail on just his and not the overall release. Its not a huge gamebreaker for this one since his arms are relatively smaller on both sides so they can still bend the same way, but seeing that large bicep cut on the outside of his arm is going to bug the $#!t out of me. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:00 PM, DJ_Ole said:

Although I'm very happy that we got the updated Vulture figure, after seeing the review I somehow feel disappointed.

When we see how good of a job they did with Dr.Doom, or Thor, or Mysterio, or Kraven, Lizard BAF or other re-releases, I'm left feeling like it could've been better.

I have the Toybiz version, which I think still looks very good. I liked the sculpted lines on that figure, so I miss that on this one. And also I liked that he was hunched over.

Anyway, I'm happy to complete my Hasbro sinister six, and very excited that new Falcon is coming.

I've had this on back order for months now and just found one in the wild. I echo your disappointment.

It's not by any means a bad figure. It's better than the Vulture in the Ult Spidey/Vulture 2 pack, but doesn't reflect the craftsmanship they could have displayed.

For one thing, the head sculpt is incredibly good, with liver spots and good coloring in the mouth, but its missing the hooked nose and should have more wrinkles. I can live with that, and its wonderful that they made him so expressive....but I don't recall the Vulture being quite so joyful. I never see this guy smile! I remember him as a spiteful, vengeful ol' bastard (Hector Salamanca before the wheel chair)who had no problem with killing, so I wonder why they chose this look for him.

Then we have the body itself. Its slender and that fits, but he's missing the hump on his back (which actually houses the power pack that powers the flight suit, and gives him that "hunched" look that helps with the "Vulture" image. For some reason his ab crunch lets him bend back a bit, but barely forward. They gave him butterfly joints in the arms which really look great for flying!

There are vertical lines running all over the suit (they did put them on the alternate cowl helmet and they look great); these indicate the insulation, padding, and covering for the electronics running under it. On this figure they didn't bother to sculpt, they just deco'd them, and even then they skimped out,  just doing an area here or there. Even the toybiz version did this better. A somewhat darker wash would've worked really well.

Lastly the wings. Why on earth one side has details and the other doesn't, is beyond me. At least he has wings though, and didn't jacked over the way they did the Falcon (Captain America)! Many seem to feel that when we get the Falcon they'll use these wings; I sure hope theyre improved by that time.

Overall its a good job, but it could've been great, with just a little more attention to detail.

vult.jpg