'WandaVision' Set To Premiere In 2020 On Disney+ Streaming Service

Outsiders

Marvel is reporting that WandaVision is now slated to hit the Disney+ streaming service ahead of schedule in 2020.  The new show was originally announced to be released in the Spring of 2021.

WandaVision stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, reprising their MCU roles as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch and Vision, respectively. Additionally, the series stars Teyonah Parris, who is playing the adult Monica Rambeau, along with Kat Dennings and Randall Park returning to their roles as Darcy and Jimmy Woo. They’ll all be joined by a brand new character, a “nosey neighbor,” played by Kathryn Hahn.

Scheduled for the Fall of 2020 will be The Falcon and Winter Soldier, which stars Anthony Mackie (Sam Wilson/The Falcon) and Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier), along with Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp reprising their roles as Baron Zemo and Sharon Carter, respectively. We’ll also meet a brand new character, John Walker, who will be played by Wyatt Russell.

I'm happy to hear about this development as the 2021 date seemed really late based on what it seemed like Marvel was planning do do with the Multiverse angle and Phase 5. Hopefully this means it will push up all the time lines and also get the Fantastic Four and X-Men folded into the MCU sooner than predicted.

Glad they are pushing this forward a bit, altho it still amazes me that after mando, Disney plus has no new shows coming until fall 2020.  Feels like they should've had something ready to go as soon as Mando wrapped up.. instead from what i hear lots of folks are cancelling their subscriptions now.  I suppose if you have kids it may be worth retaining, but did Disney really expect the rest of us were going to pay just to watch old marvel/star wars/simpsons for the next 9 months? Doesn't seem all that well thought-out.

This is why i feel predictions of Netflix' imminent demise due to Disney plus were off base.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Glad they are pushing this forward a bit, altho it still amazes me that after mando, Disney plus has no new shows coming until fall 2020.  Feels like they should've had something ready to go as soon as Mando wrapped up.. instead from what i hear lots of folks are cancelling their subscriptions now.  I suppose if you have kids it may be worth retaining, but did Disney really expect the rest of us were going to pay just to watch old marvel/star wars/simpsons for the next 9 months? Doesn't seem all that well thought-out.

This is why i feel predictions of Netflix' imminent demise due to Disney plus were off base.

That's where I was at. Everyone was so pumped up at the service when it first came out, but I was like, "Well whaddatheygot?"

"They got the Mandalorian, it's great."

"That's what I hear. What after that?"

"Well, they got ALL the Disney movies."

"I'm a parent of 3, I already got those"

"Well, uuummm...The Simpson's."

"Seen em, they're well past their prime."

"Peanuts now, I think, I guess."

"Okaaay....yeah. Hey call me when the Marvel stuff starts to come out. Next year. LATE next year."

I'll get it for sure when they have more to offer but I didn't understand what the fire drill rush was all about. Guess that's why they decided to bundle ESPN+ and Hulu.

10 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'm happy to hear about this development as the 2021 date seemed really late based on what it seemed like Marvel was planning do do with the Multiverse angle and Phase 5. Hopefully this means it will push up all the time lines and also get the Fantastic Four and X-Men folded into the MCU sooner than predicted.

That would be totally great, can't wait for the X-Men. My wishful thinking is that they do the first class justice, I can't wait for a proper Iceman.

11 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

That would be totally great, can't wait for the X-Men. My wishful thinking is that they do the first class justice, I can't wait for a proper Iceman.

I'm mostly with you on that one in that they need to do a proper origin story (including a more believable Ice Man) and a Cyclops who's less of a puss, but I'm a massive Rogue fan and have been waiting all my life for someone to do her right and make her the bad ass she's supposed to be. If Marvel is looking for the ultimate representation of female empowerment this is the train to be on. Drop that other cold fish they tried to parade out there, like 3rd period French class and get this show on the road. Better yet, have Rogue fight her and straight kill her off like they did in the comics. And if they wish, bring her back for no apparent reason and through the demand of no one except for a few lousy writers who ran out of ideas. X-Men can't get here soon enough and Disney, Marvel and Feige all know it.

1 minute ago, monron999 said:

I'm mostly with you on that one in that they need to do a proper origin story (including a more believable Ice Man) and a Cyclops who's less of a puss, but I'm a massive Rogue fan and have been waiting all my life for someone to do her right and make her the bad ass she's supposed to be. If Marvel is looking for the ultimate representation of female empowerment this is the train to be on. Drop that other cold fish they tried to parade out there, like 3rd period French class and get this show on the road. Better yet, have Rogue fight her and straight kill her off like they did in the comics. And if they wish, bring her back for no apparent reason and through the demand of no one except for a few lousy writers who ran out of ideas. X-Men can't get here soon enough and Disney, Marvel and Feige all know it.

Hahahaha I find it really endearing you're still so angry about that other character. Don't take it the wrong way, please, I've grown to appreciate and enjoy your take on things. I enjoy that other character, but if it meant giving Rogue a good guilt/redemption story I'm all for it too. The X-Men have always been my favorite thing from Marvel, it may break the MCU for me if done inadequately, but I can't wait to see what they do with them.

24 minutes ago, mako said:

Oh, mercy. I was flying so high on Falcon and the Winter Soldier anticipation I had almost forgotten this one.

I'm gonna choose to remain hopeful though. After all,I never really expected the Mandalorian to be the show it turned out to be. Who knows, maybe that won't be the last pleasant surprise Disney+ has for me.

Being a massive Wanda and Vision fan, I really want this to be good and I hope they won't go down the reality warping path that some people want to see

Heh, this thread really got off topic fast.   I do think Carol has had some good post 2000-runs, no? At least i recall hearing good stuff about Kelly DeConnick's run ( altho i haven't read it personally).   But she was mostly absent from the comics in the 80s i grew up reading  so she left much less of an impression on me than most of marvel's other female characters aside from her Binary appearances with the Starjammers and a few miscellanous 70s back issues i bought.   When Rogue showed up and stole Carol's powers and memories,  she was instantly about 10 times more interesting to me than Carol had ever been.

I can understand why marvel has tried to make her their premier female superhero, since she has 'marvel" right there in her name and she basically has Superman's powerset. Plus until very recently they didn't have film rights to a lot of their other top contenders like Storm, Rogue, Sue Storm,.. i'm not even sure marvel studios could do a She-hulk or Spider-woman solo movie.  And obviously marvel had other plans for female heroes they did have film rights to, such as Wasp, Widow, Monica Rambeau (not to mention Mantis, Medusa, Crystal,  and the netflix ladies)

• 8 months later...

Disney releases a promo video for upcoming shows heading to the Disney+ streaming service during the second portion of 2020 and one of the shows featured was WandaVision.

Despite The MCU movie Black Widow likely seeing further release delays that could take it into 2021 due to COVID-19, it would seem WandaVision is still moving forward with it's release for this year. No specific release date however has been announced for the show.

WandaVision stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, reprising their MCU roles as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch and Vision, respectively. Additionally, the series stars Teyonah Parris, who is playing the adult Monica Rambeau, along with Kat Dennings and Randall Park returning to their roles as Darcy and Jimmy Woo. They’ll all be joined by a brand new character, a “nosey neighbor,” played by Kathryn Hahn.

Since The Falcon and Winter Soldier which was also originally slated to be released this year and was not featured in the video, one might surmise that one has been pushed to a 2021 release.

The Falcon and Winter Soldier stars Anthony Mackie (Sam Wilson/The Falcon) and Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier), along with Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp reprising their roles as Baron Zemo and Sharon Carter, respectively. We’ll also meet a brand new character, John Walker, who will be played by Wyatt Russell.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:02 PM, Gigantor said:

I may be in the "minority", but I liked her character best when she was donning the Warbird costume & that's my one & only figure of her that I'll ever need in my classic Avengers display. 

Warbird.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree, Gigantor. That's the version of Carol Danvers that I most strongly associate with as well.

28 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Did they give a guesstimate date for this? We're about to head in to the last quarter of 2020. Hopefully it's not too long after Mando season 2 so I have something to watch on Disney+ after.

Before the whole virus, it was stated for December

I Canceled Disney+ until it starts picking up speed. I owned most the the Marvel movies before the streaming service was announced. I was really hoping for them to have a series read to stream by now. Mandal is great but it's not worth the money currently.

I'd rather that the Falcon be delayed and they get it right, than push it out before its ready. Earthquake,  More importantly Carl Lumbly is on board- MANTIS! Loved his work in that movie (later series), plus ALIAS, and also as the voice for the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League animated series. He got to play Martian Manhunter's dad on Supergirl. There's speculation on what role he's playing, but I see him as a senior SHIELD liaison officer, or maybe Sam's dad. One rumor is he might be playing Isaiah Bradley.

While I don't hold out any realistic hope, I'd love to see some version of the Falcon's classic outfit at some point in the series.