Fire-Star

BradMan

I know that Fire-Star is on a lot of folks’ wishlists for 2020.  My toddler has been inexplicably drawn to “Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends” on Disney+, and Marvel.com even had an article about why people should watch the series.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marvel.com/amp/articles/tv-shows/spider-man-amazing-friends-disney-plus-watch-first

All this is to say - Fire-Star seems to be in the zeitgeist now more than ever.

I seem to remember that there was some weirdness with rights and ownership of the Fire-Star character and that was the major reason she has not been made in the Marvel Legends line.  Am I making this up?  I know she was made in the Marvel Universe line as part of a 3-pack with Spider-Man and Iceman, and I can’t remember if that was one of those things where a character could be part of a set but couldn’t be released individually.

I wouldn’t put it past Hasbro to put Fire-Star in a 3-pack with another Spider-Man and Iceman reissue.  Another release of Pizza Spider-Man wouldn’t be terrible as both the original and Retro aren’t available anymore.  Iceman wouldn’t be terrible if he was done as the Retro version with the bluish tint of the Juggernaut BAF version, or if they included the power regulator belt to make him an X-Factor version.

If Hasbro were to release Fire-Star would she be in a Spider-Man wave, or an X-Men wave?  Given the lineup of the Demogoblin wave it would seem like a future Spider-Man wave would need some more characters to fill it out.  But, I say that as someone who isn’t as nuanced in all the layers of Spider-Man’s various solo books over the years.

Of course, a standalone “Fan Channel Exclusive” single card release would eliminate the problem of fitting it in to a wave.

I would love a Firestar figure as both part of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends as well as the New Warriors series. She also joined the Avengers during the Busiek/Perez run in the late ‘90s, so there are lots of places for her.

I would like Hasbro to finish up the New Warriors Cast they started with Night Thrasher, so maybe Firestar could be in a Spider-Man wave along with Speedball or Nova.

I think no one would be against new 3 pack that Is based on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. And individual firestar figure based on her 90s jacket type look would be cool too.  And since amazing friends spidey is based on Romita art I would love to figure trying to emulate that style, preferably on Spider-Man 2099 body (but with updated shoulders from Shang Chi)

95EAF0AC-4F9B-4FA7-A12F-5F740DF5E8BA.jpeg

2545877B-B66C-4AD0-ABED-6217F4EC875F.jpeg

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I think no one would be against new 3 pack that Is based on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. And individual firestar figure based on her 90s jacket type look would be cool too.  And since amazing friends spidey is based on Romita art I would love to figure trying to emulate that style, preferably on Spider-Man 2099 body (but with updated shoulders from Shang Chi)

95EAF0AC-4F9B-4FA7-A12F-5F740DF5E8BA.jpeg

2545877B-B66C-4AD0-ABED-6217F4EC875F.jpeg

I would prefer a single release, since I'm happy with my Vintage Spidey and don't want to have a similar figure (always a problem with multi-packs)