It’s 2020 and we should get Iron Man 2020

SpiderS

Hasbro would be losing easy $$ if they don't do this figure. Common sense would dictate that they will release a 2020 Arno Stark Ironman figure. The already have the base body in the 80th anniv classic bronze age Ironman, just needs new head, chest plate attachment,  shoulder & chest pieces & new belt with new hip attachments.. An classic comic based Ironman wave would be the ideal way to include it in.

spacer.png

I want an Iron Man 2020 figure, but not the version you guys are talking about. This is probably the most topical Iron Man figure of all time, and if Hasbro doesn't make it before the end of Arno's current stint as Iron Man, I hope at least they make it before December.

I wouldn't mind a classic Iron Man 2020, but it'd be just a retool of the 80 Years Iron Man. Not only I'd rather get modern Iron Man 2020 because it's the Prime Marvel Universe version of Arno, but also because it would require a new sculpt and that would give the figure more worth.

Nah. His arms would be severely restricted by those giant sized shoulder gears. Classic version is way to go.This character has never been made in 6' form & has been around since the 80s' , his 1st Marvel Legends figure should be classic. Hasbro already dropped the ball by making modern manbun Herc 1st when the vast majority of us Herc fans wanted either his 70s or 80s version. I recall no figure fan poll ever asking if we wanted a manbun Herc !

15 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Nah. His arms would be severely restricted by those giant sized shoulder gears. Classic version is way to go.This character has never been made in 6' form & has been around since the 80s' , his 1st Marvel Legends figure should be classic. Hasbro already dropped the ball by making modern manbun Herc 1st when the vast majority of us Herc fans wanted either his 70s or 80s version. I recall no figure fan poll ever asking if we wanted a manbun Herc !

Proper figure engineering would solve any potential issues caused by the gears. While I agree that Classic Iron Man 2020 is the more recognizable form of the character, modern Iron Man 2020 is having his time in the spotlight right now, so he's the currently-relevant version of the character, with the added topicality of him becoming Iron Man specifically because we've reached the year 2020.

If I could have it my way, I'd make Classic Iron Man 2020 a single-carded figure and Modern Iron Man 2020 a BAF. We have the Monster Venom wave as a precedent for a wave in which the BAF is just a different version of a character already in the wave.

11 hours ago, ADour said:

Proper figure engineering would solve any potential issues caused by the gears. While I agree that Classic Iron Man 2020 is the more recognizable form of the character, modern Iron Man 2020 is having his time in the spotlight right now, so he's the currently-relevant version of the character, with the added topicality of him becoming Iron Man specifically because we've reached the year 2020.

If I could have it my way, I'd make Classic Iron Man 2020 a single-carded figure and Modern Iron Man 2020 a BAF. We have the Monster Venom wave as a precedent for a wave in which the BAF is just a different version of a character already in the wave.

I like the idea of two Iron Man 2020 figures

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Why not both, keep everyone happy

Hasbro can do what they want, I personally think 2020 was a horrid character design. If we get him and collectors are happy, great. If not, That's fine too. 

I'll just get another Dr. Doom instead. 

8 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Hasbro can do what they want, I personally think 2020 was a horrid character design. If we get him and collectors are happy, great. If not, That's fine too. 

I'll just get another Dr. Doom instead. 

Horrible character design as opposed to say.. Living Laser, White Rabbit, & Rock Python? 

The bar has been set low in some cases if that were the deciding vote on who got a Legend figure haha

31 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Horrible character design as opposed to say.. Living Laser, White Rabbit, & Rock Python? 

The bar has been set low in some cases if that were the deciding vote on who got a Legend figure haha

Living Laser and White Rabbit at least look interesting... I guess? 

4 hours ago, memocromatico said:

Living Laser and White Rabbit at least look interesting... I guess? 

This is true. when a  character is made into plastic form they can greatly enhance the original poor design of their comic counterparts. Not always mind you but there is something about the tangible 3D figure in your hands that can allow you to forgive some of the more goofy designs.

remember, we have been conditioned to accept grown men wearing their underwear over their tights  😁

8 hours ago, McHogan said:

I gotta throw one out there for Arthur Parks and argue that his modern design is pretty good (despite the bottleneck-shaped helmet, but it depends on how long do artists draw it), and the best to come out of the Iron Man rogues gallery redesigns by Salvador Larroca.

2 hours ago, ADour said:

I gotta throw one out there for Arthur Parks and argue that his modern design is pretty good (despite the bottleneck-shaped helmet, but it depends on how long do artists draw it), and the best to come out of the Iron Man rogues gallery redesigns by Salvador Larroca.

I agree, given I like the Living Laser

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
15 hours ago, McHogan said:

White Rabbit is has a great composition and modern living laser is pretty dope too. Rock Python is White Noise. Iron man has so many armors and personally I think almost all look better. Not a fan of the shoulders.  Don't get all hellbent because I don't like a certain design and think we have more important armors. Comic art is subjective. We can both like different things. 

Image result for ironman armorsImage result for ironman armorsImage result for ironman armorsImage result for neo classic iron man

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

White Rabbit is has a great composition and modern living laser is pretty dope too. Rock Python is White Noise. Iron man has so many armors and personally I think almost all look better. Not a fan of the shoulders.  Don't get all hellbent because I don't like a certain design and think we have more important armors. Comic art is subjective. We can both like different things. 

Image result for ironman armorsImage result for ironman armorsImage result for ironman armorsImage result for neo classic iron man

To each his own. 

But I would submit that using smiling emojis and “haha” is far from getting “all hellbent”.  We can disagree on character designs, doesn’t mean I was coming after you, in fact I agree that design is subjective and what can appeal to one may not appeal to all. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
13 minutes ago, McHogan said:

To each his own. 

But I would submit that using smiling emojis and “haha” is far from getting “all hellbent”.  We can disagree on character designs, doesn’t mean I was coming after you, in fact I agree that design is subjective and what can appeal to one may not appeal to all. 

Everyone on this site is pretty respectful. Haven't seen too much ignorance. 

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I also would rather get other armor, but you can't deny thre's a high novelty factor about the scenario of getting Iron Man 2020 in 2020.