Morbius - Official Teaser Trailer

Outsiders

One of Marvel's most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero, Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder, and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. What at first appears to be a radical success soon reveals itself to be a remedy potentially worse than the disease...

Morbius stars Jared Leto, Adria Arjona, Jared Harris, Matt Smith, Tyrese Gibson, Corey Johnson, Tom Forbes, Al Madrigal, Charlie Shotwell, Michael Keaton

Release: July 31st, 2020

morbius-MORBIUS-Trlr-01687_r.jpg

I'm all for having movies with long standing but lower tier Marvel characters. I'll admit this does interest me more then Venom did but mostly because I think Jared Leto is better suited for Morbius then Tom Hardy was for Eddie Brock

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Never a fan of Morbius especially after the 90's Spider-man cartoon and still not massively impressed by this.

Then again, how many people can echo that same statement, only replacing the name Morbius with Guardians of the Galaxy? Not saying I think Sony can work the same magic that Marvel Studios did, but I do see a parallel regarding fan reaction based on the charcter(s) themselves rather than the content of the movie. That being said, I will admit I too wrote the entire project before I knew anything about it, as I've never been remotely interested in the character, but this trailer has sparked a bit of interest in me that wasn't previously there. I'm sure at least part of it is Tooms and other characters that are rumored to make an appearance.

I really don't want this.

Marvel will be making incredible movies in the MCU, while Sony #$## outs turds like Venom and this. I'm not saying Sony can't do good stuff with Marvel (Spider-Verse will forever stay the gold in the middle of the #$##), but I don't think they get the MCU formula (Without Feige and Marvel Studios that is); and if they're gonna just produce crap then I beg Disney to just buy Spidey already, and then we're off. And I think they'll be doing that soon; 10 billion for a character that can do 1 billion in tickets PLUS the rest of the MCU just might lead to more than 10 billion.

And if Mako or someone pops up here saying Disney and Marvel Studios just do cashgrabs, I'll say this: I agree with the Disney part, because I really hate the remakes they produce; but Marvel Studios has not, TO THIS DAY, done something I HATE (Don't really like the two first Thors, Hulk and Inhumans, but it's not like I hate them), and also Pixar does incredible animated movies.

So yeah, I don't expect this to revert my expectations, I kinda just expect it to crash and burn; and maybe then Sony will see they can't do MCU or Marvel right.

Okay, I will go out on a limb and say that just seeing the trailer alone its got to be better than Venom. We got Keaton, we got doctor who, we got Tyreese with what looks like a bionic arm? we got super strength and echo location and the Morbius face looked on point. I don't know if a different actor would have helped Venom any, but Leto is looking good for this one. I am in.

12 hours ago, monron999 said:

Then again, how many people can echo that same statement, only replacing the name Morbius with Guardians of the Galaxy? Not saying I think Sony can work the same magic that Marvel Studios did, but I do see a parallel regarding fan reaction based on the charcter(s) themselves rather than the content of the movie. That being said, I will admit I too wrote the entire project before I knew anything about it, as I've never been remotely interested in the character, but this trailer has sparked a bit of interest in me that wasn't previously there. I'm sure at least part of it is Tooms and other characters that are rumored to make an appearance.

The main difference though in my opinion is faith. With GOTG Marvel a built a record of making good movies, so people were going to give GOTG the benefit of the doubt. Sony in my opinion haven't made a good Live-Action Spidey movie since Spider-man 2, so I can't give Moribus the benefit of the doubt sinc ethe track record has been bad. Same with DC movies

17 hours ago, Legender said:

Reading some people comments make me realize ... 

8ubGFLt.gif

Lol, yeah I have to agree on this. We really should be happy Marvel characters are getting movies (and I'll say it doesn't look awful). It's just fans are always nervous when it's something Marvel themselves isn't producing. 

I was always on board with this Movie, Jared leto as Morbius I think is a great casting decision, I never jump to hate on anything until I see it, instead just get hyped that we are getting something like this!, Trailer looks good, I'm on board even more

Vulture Cameo was something I was not expecting that got me very stoked

Im always skeptical on anything non marvel produced. Venom wasnt terrible but wasnt great either and was kind of meh. Its come to the point where Marvel hasnt done many things wrong with how they handle their characters in movie form. So we all pretty much have faith that Marvel will make great movies of those characters. Sony on the other hand, has a small track record of having success with them. Also I feel like there is some animosity from the fans towards Sony because they wont let go of those licenses and sell them back to where they belong and instead make bastardizations of those characters. This looks fairly well done so Im guessing Sony is learning from marvel and doing similar things like the easter eggs and being more faithful to the source material. So this could potentially be good in the long run.