Morbius Ideal wave?

tarot

With the launch of the new trailer today and with Rektangular giving us a rumour that Hasbro is planning something for this in the form of a wave, it got me thinking on what would make the Ideal wave for Morbius. I think that Hasbro might just combine it with the Venom but for the sake of enjoyment I think I would make an ideal wave just for this movie. 

Since Hasbro seems to not be allowed make movie figure for Sony's Marvel movies (Spidey being an obvious Exception) I thought we could try and make a comic based wave. I think the theme should be HORROR but since Morbius is a Spidey character and this is part of Sony's attempt at Spider-man Universe, you can include some Spidey characters as well.

6 figure minimum and 8 max not including the BAF.

1. Morbius - obvious inclusion since it's his wave, but I think they could try and make the Midnight sons version.
  2. Cyborg Spider-man - Morbius gain his height of fame during the hard times of the 80's and 90's which was famous for 2 things, headbands and metal arms. Plus since it was in the gamerverse, they can market it as that.
  3. Werewolf By Night - I'm actually surprised this hasn't been made yet but WBN is one of the few characters that is quite close with the Living Vampire, both serving on both incarnations of the Midnight Sons.
  4. Classic Moon Knight - with Moon Knight first appearance being that in a WBN comic, it seem appropiate to include it in this wave.
  5. Shatra - Needed a female character and this is a scary spidey villain so..........
  6. Carrion - need to complete the Maximum carnage family and since Shriek is 90% guaranteed for Venom wave (since she is in the movie) use this wave to make Carrion.
  7. BAF: Frankenstein's monster- it was extremely hard to find a BAF for this but we need an update to the Toybiz one.

61UgyVrtU+L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgm4cl5ng312421.jpg4026784-wbn33vf8m063.jpg300?cb=201704280811132075110-carrion.pngclean.jpg

I love this idea as I am a fan of both the classic '70s Marvel horror books as well as the '90s "Midnight Sons" era, which is more of a guilty pleasure since the quality was... ehh... 

Anyway, I would maybe swap out the Spider-Man related characters for the '90s Blade and Lilith, the Mother of Demons. N'Kantu, the Living Mummy, is another taller-than-average character who could possibly be a BAF.

21 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I love this idea as I am a fan of both the classic '70s Marvel horror books as well as the '90s "Midnight Sons" era, which is more of a guilty pleasure since the quality was... ehh... 

Anyway, I would maybe swap out the Spider-Man related characters for the '90s Blade and Lilith, the Mother of Demons. N'Kantu, the Living Mummy, is another taller-than-average character who could possibly be a BAF.

I didnt include blade, dracula or any other vamps simply because blade will be getting his own wave when his movie comes out. Lilith for the same reason as she would be better suited for that. Morbius is more a spidey character them anything else

I think it is more likely Morbius would be folded into a Venom wave, and i suspect it would be a comic version but who knows?

But assuming morbius isn't just thrown into a spider-wave would assume it would be some sort of spider-man wave so my guess is a spidey figure plus  figures for Morbius, Werewolf by night, Zombie, Frankenstein, classic Moon Knight,  with Man-Spider BAF. I could see a re-release of A-force Elsa Bloodstone making its way in there, perhaps another version of Blade or Dracula.  They could do Franken-castle if they wanted to go with a Punisher variant over Frankenstein. Vermin would fit pretty well into a horror-themed wave as well but would be a bit redundant with werewolf.

EDIT: Carrion is a good call as well.

Perfect time to do an update on all the classical Monsters that many of us have been hoping for.

1. Morbius (movie version)

2. Man-Spider

3. Werewolf by Night

4. Manphibian

5. Lillith

6. Frankenstein's Monster

7. Living Mummy

BAF - Mister Freakin' Hyde (do it already)

This wouldn't be so much a movie based wave as a monsters wave, but what better time to bet it in there before there are all that many movie characters that have to make it in future waves of the franchise. Only thing that would make it better is a Zombie character with multiple head sculpts double packed for army building, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

1. Morlun

2. Shathra

3. Morbius (90s comic version), since they didn't give us a movie Venom I'd assume the same will be true if we get a Morbius wave.

The rest can be anything, whether they'd be Spider-Man or Morbius related, or not.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, monron999 said:

Perfect time to do an update on all the classical Monsters that many of us have been hoping for.

1. Morbius (movie version)

2. Man-Spider

3. Werewolf by Night

4. Manphibian

5. Lillith

6. Frankenstein's Monster

7. Living Mummy

I Will take this wave please

potentially swap out Frankenstein monster for Modern Armored Dracula

also are we talking Lilith, midnight sons villain? (mother of demons) or daughter of dracula? I'll be happy either way but just checking

but I will take someone else as the BAF like either Rune, Varnae, N'astirh or something

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I Will take this wave please

potentially swap out Frankenstein monster for Modern Armored Dracula

also are we talking Lilith, midnight sons villain? (mother of demons) or daughter of dracula? I'll be happy either way but just checking.

Ya, I had Dracula in there too, but had to give him the gate because, a) I didn't think two (male) vampires would fly in one wave, and b) someone had to make a sacrifice to get a Spider-Man into the wave. He was just the obvious, yet most unfortunate, choice.

The Lillith I was thinking was Lillith Drake, the daughter of Drac. I basically took the list from the Monsters that were in the Howling Commandos. The only other females that I could think of to fit this bill would have been maybe Goblin Queen (though she's more of an X-Men character), a modern Satana (which would have to be severely toned down for mass release), Death (who knows how that would be recieved) or Darkchild (Magik). I suppose Wolfsbane could also make that list, but that almost seems like a guarantee in an X-Wave sometime in the near future.

I don’t know enough about Morbius to throw together a list that makes sense but you can’t go wrong with monsters. All the above would be fine with me.

in my perfect world Hasbro would release their versions of the classic monsters whether it be Morbius or Dracula, The Living Mummy, WereWolf By Night.. Mr. Hyde... all would be welcome,

I wanted to do something different and focus on the more horror themed marvel characters rather than it being a spooky spider man wave. With us already receiving a man-thing that we got in the Netflix wave I wanted to make a wave that gave us a near complete legion of monsters.

1) Werewolf By Night (jackal body): a given and that jackal body would be perfect just needs new paint and head sculpt.

2) Morbius: I like the one that we already got but it’s a morbius wave, so either the movie version 😐 or maybe we could get a release with a new trench coat or lab jacket

3) Dracula (long white hair curse of the mutants version): classic marvel villain. They could use the doctor doom cloak but the would require a lot of new parts or retooling

4) Zombie (Simon Garth)

5) Jennifer Kale (new costume no way in hell the classic one is getting made 😂😞 with us receiving man-thing already this would be a good addition to our shelves and I needed a female character.

6) Baron Mordo (classic comic version): been a while since we got one and I need more mystical characters 

7) The Living Mummy

BAF) Frankencastle: I really liked this look and it might encourage hasbro to give us a new Daken. He’d look cool with that mini gun they gave Deathlok

22AF65A7-B728-4165-B671-E4810BEFB6B6.jpeg

C87FBC58-2BE0-42C2-870C-B7A423612EF2.jpeg

E9431865-8039-41BB-9F62-C6B6F255C26D.jpeg

03F68025-0427-44AF-9ECB-EE4C73A13538.jpeg

8FE886DF-7770-4740-8393-0D57C58D031D.png

63756C84-7D71-4145-8B49-F02AEB5D1C46.jpeg

E3C8FEBF-8BF2-4DEE-927D-5C8A2811C531.jpeg

303D59F1-CEAB-4802-AF02-76DF1BBAC8C7.jpeg

132CCC2C-250C-494E-923C-6F8298F6EA39.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...