Marvel Select 7" Red Hulk Re-Issue Figure Coming To Disney Stores

JayC

If you missed out on the old Marvel Select 7" Red Hulk figure released by Diamond Select Toys several years ago, it looks like you may have another chance at it. The figure has shown up on the ShopDisneyUK website for purchase. The only difference from the previously released version is this one appears to have the Disney logo on the packaging marking it an exclusive. They also have listed the regular green Hulk version on their site as well, but that one does not have the Disney logo on it, so it may just be a simple re-release.

The figures have yet to show up on the US Disney website. Normally these figures show up first on the UK website and then on the US one. Being these figures have been previously released here in the US, it is not entirely clear if these will be available here as well.

Marvel-Select-Red-Hulk-Disney-01.jpg

Marvel-Select-Red-Hulk-Disney-00.jpg

FYE on Lancaster in Salem,OR has two of the original MS Red Hulk. Saw them this weekend. Looked like they have been there for a bit .

Is there a forum to post what and where you have found and not purchased in this site?

I travel Oregon (I-5) often, bought FF Hulk and Dr. Doom, this weekend. Passed on the rest of the wave because I have been lucky/persistent stopping in every Walgreens and GameStop.

Go to Target and Wal-mart for rare treasures, but it’s mostly disappointing within 20 minutes from the freeway.

Of all the Marvel Select figures this is one looks the most like the old school Toybiz, but with more limited articulation. It was a hard pass the first time the thing came out, and it's a hard pass this time around too. Still, a figure of this size at a price of $25 or less is a hard bargain to find these days, but the lack of any torso articulation and that tiny head that sits way to high on the neck make this thing unbearable.

One must wonder though why this is coming out now. Does someone know something we don't know and is getting ahead of the curve? Is Rulk set to debut in Black Widow as many people are speculating? If so this one is still an easy pass cuz it's just a matter of time before Hasbro does it better (oh yeah, it already has). Here's to hoping the 2nd wave of ML for Black Widow has Rulk as the BAF>

This and the other Hulk figure they did are gross and ugly even when they first came out. It boggles my mind that this is getting a re release. The only thing going for it is its size for its price. That and its like the only other articulated Red Hulk besides the McGuiness ML BAF. I remember when MS' Hulk figs first came out and was like how did this sculpt get approved? Their proportions and overall aesthetics are awful. Its weird because alot of MS stuff is fantastic, especially large ones like that Abomination they did way back when as well. I am happy for those that have missed and are seeking this though, just not for me.