Boned by Amazon

UsurperSmurf

Amazon.ca specifically.

I had preordered Dr.Doom along with Shang-Chi and they were both supposed to arrive today but neither one shipped. I got an Email today saying Shang-Chi would be delayed until who knows when and Dr. Doom was totally sold out of their distributors and they canceled my order.

So the entire reason for preordering in the first place now came to pass. I fear now the only way to get a Doom is to stumble upon one in the wild.

I am so annoyed. I just had to vent.🤬

Yeah amazon has been developing a bad reputation for cancelling pre-orders, i've heard stories about this over the past year or so.  I wouldn't preorder from them except for amazon exclusives.  

TBH i'm guessing that they get a huge number of preorders and probably when they get their first shipment from hasbro it isn't enough to cover them, which seems to happen with a lot of e-tailers as hasbro seems to be having trouble keeping up with demand. (and so they do bear a little bit of the blame here)  However, unlike other e-tailers which will simply deliver when they get their next shipment a couple of months later, amazon just cancels orders outright. At least thats my impression.  

6 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

Amazon.ca specifically.

I had preordered Dr.Doom along with Shang-Chi and they were both supposed to arrive today but neither one shipped. I got an Email today saying Shang-Chi would be delayed until who knows when and Dr. Doom was totally sold out of their distributors and they canceled my order.

So the entire reason for preordering in the first place now came to pass. I fear now the only way to get a Doom is to stumble upon one in the wild.

I got chu baby. 

https://supervtoys.com/collections/marvel/products/pre-order-fantastic-four-marvel-legends-doctor-doom-6-inch-action-figure  image.thumb.png.02934f5c936ddfccdc9dc49eaf952fd7.png

I have ordered from them before. It may take a week to Ship, but they are reliable. 

6 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

Amazon.ca specifically.

Plenty to got around, 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/marvel-legends/products/marvel-legends-series-fantastic-four-doctor-doom-figure 

image.thumb.png.e7a05dc50f9f6eeea0e728c45d0efad9.png

18 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I got chu baby. 

https://supervtoys.com/collections/marvel/products/pre-order-fantastic-four-marvel-legends-doctor-doom-6-inch-action-figure  image.thumb.png.02934f5c936ddfccdc9dc49eaf952fd7.png

I have ordered from them before. It may take a week to Ship, but they are reliable. 

Thanks I just sent my order.

I had to dip into the money I had set aside to ship my Bag of Loot from BBTS when/If my Vulture preorder comes in but that can wait till next month if it has to.

5 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

Thanks I just sent my order.

I had to dip into the money I had set aside to ship my Bag of Loot from BBTS when/If my Vulture preorder comes in but that can wait till next month if it has to.

Vulture already shipped for me from Hasbro pulse. 

14 hours ago, mako said:

Just one of many reasons I don't pre-order. I actually let you guys change my mind on that briefly . . . and got nothing but headaches. If it's not in stock I don't bother.

I never get headaches from pre-orders. I only pre-order from BBTS, Dorkside or Hasbro Pulse. Saves me in gas, worries about them coming back in stock. If I happen to find it earlier I can cancel my pre-order for free. 

23 minutes ago, mako said:

Yeah, yeah, assuming they don't ship early, late, get cancelled, or the retailer boosts the price after you order (not everyone offers a "pre-order price guarantee"). All those things have happened to me in the past.

And don't kid yourself, none of those stores you mentioned are any more immune to "Murphy's Law" than anybody else.

I've never had an order canceled. Ever. Even from amazon. Hasbro Pulses prices are generally my favorite. GameStop usually gets thing earlier than most others. BBTS has been getting things later (which is fine as they are my last choice for pre-order). Dorkside does a great job, regardless of them starting to increase their prices. I don't follow the trend of needing everything "First". I got my DR. Dooms before most people and with a 25% discount.

But again, I don't ever get headaches from pre-orders. Orders can be canceled and I've been in the game long enough to know its less time consuming and more cost effective to get them shipped to my door, for free. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:37 PM, UsurperSmurf said:

Amazon.ca specifically.

My brother, you have every right to rage. I went thru that with them way back in the X-Men jubilee BAF wave...by the time they cancelled it, all other outlets had sold out. You might have better luck with BigBad or Entertainment Earth.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, JeffCoJeffCo said:

That's why I use Ebay.

Dude Ebay bones too, after my recent Doom cancellation from Amazon, my Girlfriend bought a Doom off Ebay, dude said it was a pre-order and as of every week since the order was placed, he pushes the date back further from when it was earlier

Doom why!!!!! you are double packed?, obviously there are shiest masters who are just buying all of the stock up in droves, went to a toy con today, only to find he was absolutely sold out at all vendors who had marvel legends, 2 guys said, he was bought within 5 mins of opening, each person bought multipes

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Did you pre-order them from Amazon themselves, or from a third party seller, via Amazon? I pre-ordered my Shang-Chi from Amazon, and they still have it listed as arriving on February 25th., with a February 21st. release date.

Direct from Amazon and they both had the same January release date. They said they'd be getting Shang-Chi in soon again but I was so mad that they canceled Doom that I canceled the order for him too.

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Ah, I see that you're in Canada. Interesting that Canadian Amazon has gotten them in well before American Amazon. Surprising- from what I've read online, Hasbro tends to be wildly inconsistent with international distribution. Fingers crossed for you to nab each figure at regular price.

Hasbro is wildly inconsistent with distribution, period. I've had the Spider-Man wave with Shang-Chi in stock at my store since the first week of January. Many places even got it in late December. I've yet to get in the Love Triangle three-pack, though, which some people have had since November.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 5:14 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I never get headaches from pre-orders. I only pre-order from BBTS, Dorkside or Hasbro Pulse. Saves me in gas, worries about them coming back in stock. If I happen to find it earlier I can cancel my pre-order for free. 

BBTS failed me once with unable to fill LEGO Minifigures Series 1 cases. Luckily I had a backup preorder for that via Entertainment Earth, but for only one case as I was counting on BBTS for 3. This was out of BBTS's hands as LEGO made a short run for both Series 1 & 2 and under estimated demand. They left BBTS out to dry. It was hard to get any cases even for future waves and could find them from importing from amazon.fr at retail prices. I also had one item in my loot that they "lost" when it came to ship. I forget what it was, but I was bummed at the time. Overall, I still love BBTS and I think I've gotten over 1000 items from them.

Had no issues with Dorkside or Hasbro Pulse or even Amazon, but the number of items are just a few dozen each so the sample size is way different.