Marvel Legends Black Widow Movie Deluxe Black Widow In White Outfit Figure Revealed

JayC

IDK if I should find it a bit disturbing how focused some of you seemed to be on the breasts of a female action figure or not, but in all honesty the only one who should have any real problem if Hasbro has understated that area is Scarlett Johansson herself and if she is cool with it then I don't see it being a big deal.

19 hours ago, monron999 said:

I hope Hasbro is finally coming to the realization that these Deluxe figures like this and Archangel are gonna sell. I think if the Worthy Captain America and the Binary Captain Marvel had been done in a similar way they wouldn't be peg warming right now. 

I haven't thought about it. It would've been awesome if those had been released as deluxe sets. It really is weird that Hasbro is not giving us more deluxe sets like the Archangel as you mentioned, especially since that one was a huge success. They could do maybe two or three of these per year. 

Anyway, I really hope that Hasbro gives us more of these type of deluxe sets! And I'm definitely getting this Widow.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

IDK if I should find it a bit disturbing how focused some of you seemed to be on the breasts of a female action figure or not, but in all honesty the only one who should have any real problem if Hasbro has understated that area is Scarlett Johansson herself and if she is cool with it then I don't see it being a big deal.

*shrugs* Black Widow's whole shtick is "sexy, seductive spy who kicks ass" so I'd say debating whether the figure captures that vibe is reasonable, and doesn't automatically merit the suggestion that collectors  posting about it are pervs.  Felicia Hardy/Black Cat falls in a similar category.  I agree that it is far less important  issue than things like facial likeness, articulation, etc., but this is a hobby where people will debate endlessly about whether a certain figure should be 1/4 inch taller or whether they have the right color belt buckle, so focusing on minutia seems par for the course.

that said, i'm not sure whether Widow's chest is actually any  smaller than on the IW version, it might just be the white costume against a brightly-lit white background. Her chest looks more pronounced in the photo on the back of the packaging, which uses different lighting.

I'd also say the harness/holsters (?)  she's wearing around her waist does mask some of her curves.  Still a pretty cool figure and nice accessories, but not sure i'll pick her up as I'm pretty happy with the IW wave version along with the older mcu figure. The movie could very well change my mind about that, though.

I’ve got one pre-ordered from Hasbro Pulse... once I have it in hand I’ll see if it will work the way I think it will to make a more accurate “Endgame” costume figure than using the “Infinity War” body.

The head with the “Infinity War“ body will be a perfect “Civil War” figure because the suits are the same between the two movies and her hairstyle matches what it looked like in “Civil War” where it was longer than “Avengers” but not as long as “Winter Soldier”.

To put together a mostly accurate “Endgame” figure I’m looking at:

-  Head and batons from Target “Endgame” two-pack

-  Torso (painted black) waist, belt, and gauntlets from white deluxe figure.  It looks to have the same ribbing and texture as the “Endgame” suit

- Arms and legs from single card movie Black Widow 

- Fingerless gloved hands from “Winter Soldier” figure (luckily I already have a set of these)

It looks like the white suit in the movIe includes the backpack/shoulder harness for the batons from “Endgame”.  The white deluxe figure has shoulder straps visible, so it remains to be seen what the back looks like.

E2676175-ED7F-46BB-A429-58FB55E2888A.jpeg

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I'd say debating whether the figure captures that vibe is reasonable, and doesn't automatically merit the suggestion that collectors  posting about it are pervs.

I don't think collectors looking like pervs is really the issue. It's more about this board looking like a boys' club. People can feel any way they want about the breasts on an action figure, but when they discuss it on a forum, especially when it's literally their only feedback about the figure, and it's complaining about those breasts' inadequacy, it's going to inspire a visceral reaction in many women that this is a place they're not welcome. It's a difficult concept for most men to relate to, and even more difficult for most white men, because there isn't an analogue that applies broadly, but women put up with a lot of objectification day-in and day-out and the last thing most of them want to do with their free time is spend it somewhere that shows warning signs of doing the same. I understand that the comments here were in reference to a toy, which literally is an object, but I don't think it's unfair to recognize those comments as a slippery slope, and many women do.

Not a "slippery slope" at all. It's just people voicing their opinions on how they think the fig shoulda looked. I don't collect MCU figs based on actors myself but if I did, I'd want a accurate figure of the actor/ actress it's based on & if that actress has 38Ds, why would it offend anyone that the figure represent that? 

20 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Right?! Come on. The package looks almost worth the money when you see that the special effects and stand are included....but the figure itself is kinda blah, compared to what I would hope it would be. Im not expecting either the comic or MCU version of the Widow to come out like the Rogue action figure, but I would hope at least as much love could be thrown her way. While I think this is an improved figure over the Agent 13 that came out a while back, its still not knocking it out of the park for me. I will say though, its a smart idea to give a repaint a little extra incentive to buy, and these effects may do just that for some customers.

Black-Widow-Wave-02__scaled_600.jpg

Oh, such a good eye! I believe they were still using that Agent 13 body (I hate it) ...

I don't buy movie figures, so i will get the (obscure) BAF in second hand 

10 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I don't collect MCU figs based on actors myself but if I did, I'd want a accurate figure of the actor/ actress it's based on & if that actress has 38Ds, why would it offend anyone that the figure represent that? 

I didn't say it would. In fact, I didn't say anything about anyone being offended. I said that many women will read discussion about the inadequacies of the breasts on a Black Widow figure (etc.), correctly realize that it would take a fair amount of objectifying Ms. Johansson to know the size of her chest, and take that as a legitimate warning sign that this is not a community welcoming to women. The end.

You don't have to understand any of that, but by not tolerating the perspective, you're choosing to be exclusionary. Women constantly report feeling shut out of hobbies like this for exactly this sort of thing, if you ask them about it (without skepticism or bad-faith prefacing). Not all women, of course. Some put up with it, and some just have different experiences and a different perspective, but the vast majority of women put up with garbage every single day, and make decisions every day to avoid having to put up with more of it, even at the expense of things they otherwise think they'd enjoy. Is your right to discuss toy boobies more important than not contributing to that?

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Yes, but don't you agree its about accuracy? Scarlett might not see the problem, but then she didn't see the problem of casting her as the lead for Ghost in the Shell either, so I'm not sure I can go with her judgement here. This isn't objectification; many of us have ranted on this same forum about Hasbro not giving Captain America his wings or making the Torch's head yellow. Cant speak for anyone else but I'm not saying I refuse to buy this figure or that its trash, just because its not totally accurate, but I am saying , If you're making a figure that's supposed to look like a particular thing/person, the figure should look that way.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, McHogan said:

This head sculpt is so good WHY is this not on the general release Black Widow head?!?

the pics for that one look so generic  and then Hasbro reveals this beauty. Dare I hope that those early pics do not reflect the actual product and the whole line will look this good?

The head sculpt is good looking, I hope they did the same for the new black widow wave...her sisters head sculpt does not look that great.