So Deluxe figures...

UsurperSmurf

Good thing?

Bad Thing?

Who needs to get the Deluxe treatment?

I love it. Stands and effects pieces for a few dollars more? Sign me up.

I expect any more deluxe figures will be "name brand" heroes but I'd love some who really need effects to do right even if obscure like Whirlwind or someone we don't already have like Texas Twister. That way I can use his effects for Whirlwind.😎

-whirlwind-.jpg

tt.jpg

Armor.

Cannonball... with legs, and a reasonably-sized blast effect that either replaces or fits over them.

Magneto in a magnetic forcefield effect with stand, preferably his white and black costume to round out the renegade X-Men team, and since we already have a great classic Magneto that could still be used with the effect after purchase.

Nightcrawler with a stand and bamf effects. Same story, maybe Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler, either in 616 X-Force gear or his standard look.

Storm, probably in her first appearance look, with a flight stand and serious weather effects.

There's too many great options. Of note, though, that new Black Widow retails for $30, which likely means she'll be $35 at Game Stop and many other places. While I think $30 is a fair price, it's not exactly just "a few bucks" more. It's an increase of almost 50%.

Pretty much just copying my comment on the Black Widow figure announcement thread, but if these deluxe editions look like they're going to be reusing generic effect pieces, I think War Machine would really benefit from coming packaged with plently of "boom" "fwoosh" and "rattattatatta" effects. Like a souped-up version of the effect assortment that came with the ToyBiz War Machine. I'd love it if they did this for a Classic War Machine or MCU War Machine MK IV figure.

For Iron Man, I'd love to see the MK 50 with a selection of nanoweapon accessories on par with the Figuarts weapon sets or the Nota and Takara Tony custom sets. I'd love to see that with comic armor as well (the Bleeding Edge and Model-Prime suits), but I feel they're less feasible since they're not MCU-related. And if a nano weapon set is too specific, I think an Iron Man could still come packed with more generic-looking effect pieces. Unibeam, long repulsor beams, a take-off base like the old Marvel Select figure, missiles, etc.

It depends on the character. I the character can't be done properly as a stand release like (Cannonball) then it should done as a Deluxe Figure. But if it just a standalone figure with some generic stands and effects, then No. I don't need Habsro getting ideas of doing more Siege Shovkwaves

I think there’s an opportunity here to give us a new figure that has its own individual accessories while also giving us some much needed ones for other characters.

An example of this would be Quentin Quire who could come with numerous psychic and maybe even some phoenix affects which would work for him, but we could use for other psychics Jean, Xavier, karma, E.T.C. 

Spider-Man’s an obvious one we could get a new costume and multiple web effects to go with our other webheads. 

I’d also like to see a character that’s a more generic energy manipulator maybe Vulcan or a more modern Bishop as I think they’re power sets that lend themselves well to multiple effects pieces.

E8EC20A0-841E-4C65-BEB9-BF714C660AE8.jpeg

D5F4A2C3-D573-4894-842A-C40B679FA191.jpeg

3D7CB2F4-BE79-4882-8BA4-EDFC189A8EDB.png

181E9849-50CD-438C-BB69-B7105044123D.jpeg

Damn, the possibilities are endless.

Cannonball out of pure necessity (I just want some damn legs, man) with a flight stand and multiple blast effects.

War Machine, any comic based War Machine with an ayass load of weapons and explosive effects.

Iron Man (MCU Mark 50 or 85, or comic Modular) with SH Figuarts level attachments and flight stand.

Maria Hill (comic) with multiple alternate head sculpts (Sharon, Quake, Yo-Yo, generic SHIELD agent heads), guns and arm attachments for Yo-Yo and Quake.

Psylocke with tons of psychic weapons and psychic effects that can be used with multiple characters.

Mister Fantastic and/or Ms. Marvel with any number off attachable/detachable arm and leg pieces. I really want Kamala's walking on water "paddle feet".

I could go on for days, but these are a few glaring examples.

17 hours ago, monron999 said:

Mister Fantastic and/or Ms. Marvel with any number off attachable/detachable arm and leg pieces. I really want Kamala's walking on water "paddle feet".

These were the first examples I thought of; Mr. Fantastic and Kamala with tons of elongated or enlarged body parts. 

I also think a few Fantastic Four rogues could fit in with this. Mole Man with two Moloid creatures that are about the size of a 4 inch Marvel Universe figure. The Red Ghost with his super-apes. 

Green Goblin with a larger glider and improved pumpkin bombs and effects. 

Yes. 100% yes. While I doubt we'll see any B-list or lesser-known characters, some of them might have accessories that could be used with other characters (I.E. a tornado with Storm that could work with Whirlwind, etc.). There are WAY too many options for me to list, but some top ones for me would be:

-Iceman with a large, posable "ice slide" display stand/accessory, and lots of ice effects, hands, etc..

-Classic Green Goblin, with a bunch of weapons, hands, glider with display stand, and Norman Osborne head.

-The Punisher, with a TON of weapons

-classic Spidey, with a bunch of web weapons, and MANY interchangeable hands

-Hand Ninja, with a huge arsenal of weapons, and many interchangeable hands

-classic comic-based Hydra Soldier with a ton of interchangable hands, heads, and weapons.

-MCU Iron Legion with blast effects and a ton of interchangeable battle-damaged parts

-Doc Ock, with bendable tentacles, posable claws, and a display stand that allows him to be displayed like he's walking on his tentacles.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:09 AM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Endgame Final Battle Thor, since we haven't gotten him yet at all...

Great idea! A true final battle Iron Man would be a great deluxe figure, too. 

Im for it, sparingly. I hope they use it well. Getting things like bases and stands is nice. I doubt Angel has much demand, but he could be interesting. Im all for them including accessories for other characters when it's thematic too. Alternate heads, belts, vest? I don't know, surprise me. I really wish super skrull got the deluxe treatment over BAF treatment.

19 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

-Iceman with a large, posable "ice slide" display stand/accessory, and lots of ice effects, hands, etc..

This is all I really want. Another chance to get it right. I like the body mold for the vintage wave, but I was disappointed with the line in the face and lack of accessories.

A deluxe version could correct all of that.

1 hour ago, Fitz616 said:

This is all I really want. Another chance to get it right. I like the body mold for the vintage wave, but I was disappointed with the line in the face and lack of accessories.

A deluxe version could correct all of that.

Yes! What is up with that face-line???

I'd also like it to include 2 heads- a serious one, and a smiling one; Bobby Drake has a good sense of humor, it would be character-appropriate to have a an interchangeable head with a grin. I think that's my biggest disappointment with the Black Widow they announced- I'd rather have fewer bullet/explosion effects, and an interchangeable head, with a different facial expression (and maybe her hair pulled back). 

I have yet to find an Iceman figure that doesn't have the split face effect. Hasbro has to re do that head sculpt & include it with an X-figure in a future X-men related line. Or re-do him in a deluxe set with a variety of ice weapons & a 6'-8' long ice slide, not that ice puddle they included with split face Bobby. A Punisher with tons of guns is a wasted slot. Plenty of other figures that came with a variety of guns that you can utilize for classic Punisher right now.  

I'd also like to see a variety of eye beam FX for characters like Gladiator/Hyperion/Count Nefaria & Cyclops who utilize those powers.

3 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Great suggestions already here, I'd add a classic Dr. Strange with a vast array of mystical FX.  (Or a MCU version would be fine, too).

But assuming Hasbro is keeping the license and these are a sign of things to come it may be all but a lock we'll get that when Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness hits.

this !! please