Marvel Legends 6" Shang-Chi Master Of Kung Fu Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Shang-Chi figure which is part of the new Spider-Man themed Demogoblin Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Shang-Chi-01.JPG

Shang-Chi-02.JPG

Shang-Chi-03.JPG

Shang-Chi-04.JPG

Shang-Chi-05.JPG

Shang-Chi-06.JPG

Shang-Chi-07.JPG

Shang-Chi-08.JPG

Shang-Chi-09.JPG

Shang-Chi-10.JPG

Shang-Chi-11.JPG

Shang-Chi-12.JPG

Shang-Chi-13.JPG

Shang-Chi-14.JPG

Shang-Chi-15.JPG

Shang-Chi-16.JPG

Shang-Chi-17.JPG

Shang-Chi-18.JPG

Shang-Chi-19.JPG

Shang-Chi-20.JPG

Shang-Chi-21.JPG

Shang-Chi-22.JPG

Shang-Chi-23.JPG

Shang-Chi-24.JPG

Shang-Chi-25.JPG

Shang-Chi-26.JPG

Shang-Chi-27.JPG

Shang-Chi-28.JPG

Shang-Chi-29.JPG

Shang-Chi-30.JPG

Shang-Chi-31.JPG

Shang-Chi-32.JPG

Shang-Chi-33.JPG

Shang-Chi-34.JPG

Shang-Chi-35.JPG

Shang-Chi-36.JPG

Shang-Chi-37.JPG

Shang-Chi-38.JPG

Shang-Chi-39.JPG

Shang-Chi-40.JPG

Shang-Chi-42.JPG

Shang-Chi-43.JPG

This is top-notch- I've been wanting a ML Shang-Chi for ages, and this does not disappoint. If I have any complaint, it's that the one-piece nunchakus, with their solid, unpainted chains, look slightly cheesey (They would look a lot better with the chains as separate links, or by giving the chains a bit of a paint wash, to bring out the detail. The thing is, even without the nunchakus at all, this would be an A+ figure, so they're pretty much a bonus. I don't love the Demogoblin BAF (I would love it to have a second, more realistic/less-stylized head), but the figures in this wave all look to be very well done. 

This figure is Awesome. It was not a figure I pre-ordered, I had planned on getting it once it was discounted. I picked it up when I saw it at Walgreens and am incredibly impressed.  They did a great job with the all new sculpted arms and shoulders. I wasn't the most knowledgeable about the characters but I am a huge fan of the figure now.  

Shang Chi is awesome, I was short of cash when I first saw this wave, only had enough on me to grab one figure and Shang Chi was the easy choice. ( in case you were worried, I’ve since gotten paid and have gotten the rest) 

Gives me hints of Quick Kick and honestly gets me a little excited for the rumored 6”  G.I. Joe line that has been circulating.

Hoping one day to get a Secret Avengers costume version ( Bruce Lee inspired!!) as well as the MCU wave versions ( I thought I heard the TRUE Mandarin is rumored to be the Big Bad i this flick so that is bonus goodness)

No idea. If I had to guess it may have been a themed variant cover. Marvel loves variant comic covers and who knows, this one could have been one of those. I don’t think Cannonball or Sunspot, or Captain Marvel for that matter ever wore these. I could be way wrong but my guess is marvel had every book that month have some wacky variant. 

14 hours ago, Benn said:

What's the story with ninja Sunspot and spaceman Cannonball in that last picture? Did they sport those looks long? They look a lot like the Avengers costumes I'm used to seeing them in, but more alien. Was that part of a plotpoint?

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

No idea. If I had to guess it may have been a themed variant cover. Marvel loves variant comic covers and who knows, this one could have been one of those. I don’t think Cannonball or Sunspot, or Captain Marvel for that matter ever wore these. I could be way wrong but my guess is marvel had every book that month have some wacky variant. 

It's the main cover for Avengers (2012) #11. Since the issue was focused on Shang-Chi, they had all the other Avengers that acted as supporting characters reimagined with Asian-inspired looks for the cover. That's why there's samurai Captain Marvel, Sailor Moon Spider-Woman, Super Sentai Cannonball, Ninja Sunspot and Ghost in the Shell Black Widow.

It's worth pointing out that all the archetypes are Japanese, but Shang-Chi is Chinese. The illustrator Dustin Weaver was well aware of that and laments time constraints didn't let him find a better creative solution.

I will admit at first I wasn't really that intrigued with this figure, however once I got him I was instantly on board he really pops once you get him out of the package, and looks great on the shelf, I don't really know what it is, he is just clean and well put together, great additional accessories and has a great personality as a figure, Love this figure now, I mean I would have rathered his modern look intially (aka the Jump suit, normally something bothers me with topless dude figures, put a damn shirt on already) but I am content with this, I'm sure this figure is going to rise much higher in value as soon as the movie looms closer, grab it now I suspect a price hike in the future

• 2 years later...