Taboo Of The Black Eyed Peas And Benjamin Jackendoff Introduce A New Werewolf By Night To The Marvel Universe

JayC

Isn’t Taboo the guy that just hangs out in the back ground never adding to or the Black Eyed Peas product? This is the guy they want people to know they are letting write their comics? Was Sporty Spice busy?

im a fan of Jack Russel and the old Werewolf by Night comics, but I’d be hard pressed to say they were a good read. It was a very formulaic and crudely written/ drawn. The appeal I guess was it was horror and they were a rare thing back then. Plus werewolves are awesome so werewolf comics equals awesome

Just gives us a great werewolf story. Not too many have shown they can pull this off

48 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Ok, this came out in April, it's now Sept, how's it doing, did it make it past issue 1? Has he joined the Avengers yet?

JayC didn't update the copy when he reshared the article. This book was delayed until October due to the pandemic. I'm afraid you'll have accomodate and delay the dose of crankiness you had reserved for this book as well.

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

Isn’t Taboo the guy that just hangs out in the back ground never adding to or the Black Eyed Peas product? This is the guy they want people to know they are letting write their comics? Was Sporty Spice busy?

im a fan of Jack Russel and the old Werewolf by Night comics, but I’d be hard pressed to say they were a good read. It was a very formulaic and crudely written/ drawn. The appeal I guess was it was horror and they were a rare thing back then. Plus werewolves are awesome so werewolf comics equals awesome

Just gives us a great werewolf story. Not too many have shown they can pull this off

Taboo is the DJ and guitarist of the group so more or less he’s in charge of making beats and also writes for the BEP

57 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Oh, is that the "excuse" card they used to delay it? Cuz, ya know the pandemic will still be around in Oct & beyond. 

I mean all comic shops were closed in March and April with many new books that were supposed to come out earlier delayed like: Werewolf by Night, Champions, Power Pack, The Marvels, Shang-Chi, Immortal Hulk: A Threshing Place, Black Widow, etc...

On 1/21/2020 at 5:42 AM, tarot said:

You guys are making it seem like they are killing off Jack Russel but by the looks of things they aren't. There will just be 2 characters with the same name. This is something Marvel have been doing since the Joe Simmons days. I mean currently we have 4 Ghost Riders, 2 Spider-men, 2 Hulks, 2 Human Torches, 2 Mr. Fantastics, 2 Black Widows, several Captain America at one point, dozen of Captain Britiains, a number of Black panthers and  Several villains that share the same name. 

This isn't like the case like Riri Williams and Foster Thor where they out right replace the character. Just a character that share the same name.

Yes, also we're talking about a werewolf....there really CAN be more than one werewolf, people. I mean that's part of their thing...a werewolf attacks someone, and they're lucky enough to survive, they too become a werewolf. No rational reason for this to be an issue.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Oh, is that the "excuse" card they used to delay it? Cuz, ya know the pandemic will still be around in Oct & beyond. 

I know you are not a fan of keeping up with anything, but many comic book shops had to be closed in the early days of the pandemic, and Diamond went on a hiatus on delivery between April and May. And while Marvel managed to resume distribution once the new normality settled in, they had to bottleneck their output since they can't simply pump out issues at the same pace before the pandemic. Because of this, some issues were pushed further back than others. And even then, most of October's books were originally solicited for May. Meaning Werewolf by Night, having been solicited for April, is only taking one (1) extra month of delay. And it's not even the only series to have been pushed back from April to October.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Fair enough, I had forgotten bout Diamond going on haitus. Still don't think this book will last a full 12 issues before it gets canked due to low sales. Of course if they start throwing in a guest app by Spidey & Wolvy every other month, that may change.

It’s a 5 issue mini 

I’ll pick this up for sure but will wait for the TPB. I have low expectations but they had me at “Werewolf by Night”.. 

in truth I’d pick up any comic that is werewolf/ horror based. I was following the “Ferals” book. Series started strong but got a bit wonky even for the subject matter. Now that I think about it,  it sure if I’ve gotten all the trades

anyway, there are waaay more crap werewolf movies that I’ve seen than crap werewolf comics that I’ve read so I’ve got nothing to lose

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:41 AM, McHogan said:

I’ll pick this up for sure but will wait for the TPB. I have low expectations but they had me at “Werewolf by Night”.. 

in truth I’d pick up any comic that is werewolf/ horror based. I was following the “Ferals” book. Series started strong but got a bit wonky even for the subject matter. Now that I think about it,  it sure if I’ve gotten all the trades

anyway, there are waaay more crap werewolf movies that I’ve seen than crap werewolf comics that I’ve read so I’ve got nothing to lose

I feel the same way about vampire movies and comics. I always hope that somebody will finally, FINAL get vampires right on the screen, but it almost never works the way I'd like. But comics? Wolfman (no pun intended here) and Colan did a phenomenal job with Tomb of Dracula. For me, THAT is the definition of Dracula and what vampires should be. Marvel is sitting on a goldmine with TOD and it really should be made into a screen series. I'm looking forward to this Werewolf book. If it does well enough and lasts long enough, who knows, we may even see ol Jack Russell terrier appear.

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I feel the same way about vampire movies and comics. I always hope that somebody will finally, FINAL get vampires right on the screen, but it almost never works the way I'd like. But comics? Wolfman (no pun intended here) and Colan did a phenomenal job with Tomb of Dracula. For me, THAT is the definition of Dracula and what vampires should be. Marvel is sitting on a goldmine with TOD and it really should be made into a screen series. I'm looking forward to this Werewolf book. If it does well enough and lasts long enough, who knows, we may even see ol Jack Russell terrier appear.

I think Marvel may be on the verge of a horror renaissance, if WBN sells well enough, bring back. TOD, Frankenstein’s monster, the Zombie.. heck even give Man-Thing and Morbius another go around. Especially this time of year the more Horror the better.

BTW: thought I heard the Blade remake was versus Dracula. This either turns out like Blade 3 ( hey if they can eep rehashing the Dark Phoenix Saga)  or they will make it awesome 

8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I think Marvel may be on the verge of a horror renaissance, if WBN sells well enough, bring back. TOD, Frankenstein’s monster, the Zombie.. heck even give Man-Thing and Morbius another go around. Especially this time of year the more Horror the better.

BTW: thought I heard the Blade remake was versus Dracula. This either turns out like Blade 3 ( hey if they can eep rehashing the Dark Phoenix Saga)  or they will make it awesome 

Oh how I wish theyd do a box set of Dracula (not that pony tail wearin sob), Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, Satanna and the Zombie for Halloween.....

On 9/11/2020 at 3:11 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I just want Hasbro to make us a werewolf by night figure that uses the Beast mold and looks similar to this. 

Jack Russel wasn't a huge guy, a classic WBN should come on the already available Jackal buck. New snarling & yelling head sculpt plus fist & open clawing hands & we are good to go!  Won't buy any modern rendition of WBN, classic version would be ideal for the next Spidey retro wave along with Hector Ayala White Tiger utilizing the just released classic MK buck, different lower arms/legs & unmasked Hector head sculpt, open/closed MA hands. Classic Tarantula utilizing the MK buck as well.

YESrjxY.jpg

speli4P.jpg

BY3tmat.jpg

A classic Jack Russell WEREWOLF would be killer.. maybe an alt head that reflects his more modern appearance. 

I agree though, classic WBN isn’t a huge creature.. they kept him close to the old Universe Wolf Man  appearance for his early look

If this new guy is Beast size or something similar that’s fine too, many Werewolf stories have the creature quite large

If I’m being honest here, I want this to succeed because I want a Marvel Legends Werewolf by Night update.

Classic is preferred but I absolutely would take any version to get a Werewolf with the incredible articulation of Legends

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

If I’m being honest here, I want this to succeed because I want a Marvel Legends Werewolf by Night update.

Classic is preferred but I absolutely would take any version to get a Werewolf with the incredible articulation of Legends

this is my whole take away from this new series I hope it generates enough popularity that we can get a new WBN, I hope it's a classic look with the Alt more Modern wolflike head, I'd be really happy if we could see a Marvel Horror resurgence, oh so happy 

17 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Jack Russel wasn't a huge guy, a classic WBN should come on the already available Jackal buck. New snarling & yelling head sculpt plus fist & open clawing hands & we are good to go!  Won't buy any modern rendition of WBN, classic version would be ideal for the next Spidey retro wave along with Hector Ayala White Tiger utilizing the just released classic MK buck, different lower arms/legs & unmasked Hector head sculpt, open/closed MA hands. Classic Tarantula utilizing the MK buck as well.

YESrjxY.jpg

speli4P.jpg

BY3tmat.jpg

Wasn't talking about a classic WBN jack russell. I just want a cool werewolf figure in my life. Based on the new version of WBN. I’ll buy both versions. Just a very cool looking werewolf. This version could go on the beast body with alternate hands and head. I should’ve specified.

C9D56CDD-6601-4F8F-BB1B-C95D57740200.jpeg