New Marvel Legends Exclusive Comic Based Black Widow Figures Revealed

JayC

31 minutes ago, BooyakabungaBuzz said:

Captain America #425, March 1994: Black Widow shows up on page 29 wearing this costume.

7 minutes ago, tarot said:

blackwidow07jacket.jpg?w=350&h=&zoom=2

Not exact but I think this is what Hasbro was going for.

I think I may have preferred her with out the jacket but oh well, ain't gonna hate. she looks great. 

49 minutes ago, BooyakabungaBuzz said:

Captain America #425, March 1994: Black Widow shows up on page 29 wearing this costume.

I would also add that the old Pre-ML Black Widow that Toy Biz did came in the "Gray suit with jacket" variety.

As I think on it,  I wouldn't be surprised if sometime this year someone/something comes with a comic-Yelena head that we could swap onto any given Widow body.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Can someone help me find reference art of the Grey suit having a Jacket? 

48 minutes ago, BooyakabungaBuzz said:

Someone on FB said that it's based on artwork from Frank Miller though I've been unable to locate it.

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wal-Mart though... gee thanks, why hasn't Walfart been banned yet from receiving exclusives

Yeah. Its like Hasbro doesn't care how much they fumble it for the consumer.

Please PLEASE tell me that white suit Widow isn't the same thing from the rider set that had that ridiculous seam going down her neck to the navel....

Never cared for the grey suit. Was that Miller that came up with it? I know oftimes the black on the Black Widow came out as blue, but not sure what the point of the grey suit was. Grey Widow doesn't have the same impact. Didn't mind the short hairstyle. Depending on how hard it is to find this outside of walfart, I'll give it a shot....

bwg.jpg

1 hour ago, Sledgehama said:

She wore an Avengers bomber jacket regularly during the Bob Harras/Steve Epting era. Here's her in Avengers #378 for example:

EF4ADDAC-B029-49F8-A0DC-1224BD6138E4-45224-000016F8853E406F.thumb.JPG.8c1d8bdfd6b86911df3eb0340d324ebf.JPG

It was a 90's thing 🙂

Dope! appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, Hogun said:

I hate those legs they used on the white widow. They're frail. I can't pose my Vintage Storm figure properly without a stand because of those legs.

Actually, those are the newer style legs. They're a bit thicker in the thighs than the mold used on the Gray Widow (Kate Bishop) buck. I think they just added some mass to the thighs and the hips are interchangeable. I've been meaning to try to swap them out to see how well they match. Guess I'll give it a shot with the Vintage BW and the Riders BW.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Never cared for the grey suit. Was that Miller that came up with it? I know oftimes the black on the Black Widow came out as blue, but not sure what the point of the grey suit was. Grey Widow doesn't have the same impact. Didn't mind the short hairstyle. Depending on how hard it is to find this outside of walfart, I'll give it a shot....

bwg.jpg

These images again show how inaccurate is to use teenage Kate Bishops skinny legs for the  Black Widow, who supposed to be in peak human physical shape. Don’t get me wrong, I am really happy we are getting these figures but I wish she had different legs, like white costume comic version does or Emma Frost legs. 

10 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Can someone help me find reference art of the Grey suit having a Jacket? 

Here’s Natasha from the issue I referenced above (March 1994, Captain America issue 425).

The new figure is spot on with this look.

Growing up with this comic in my collection set this appearance as my default mental image for Natasha. I always considered kit bashing to recreate it. I am SO stoked for this new figure.

C6D407CB-2108-413A-9B59-C2EF1BEF5FE5.jpeg

ooo these are very cool. i wonder if the white widow will be pearlescent or just solid white. i hope just white. pearlescents cool and all but i dig just regular solid white. I'm pretty sure that's the riders body. i can see the seam in the neck.