New Marvel Legends Exclusive Comic Based Black Widow Figures Revealed

JayC

14 hours ago, monron999 said:

Actually, those are the newer style legs. They're a bit thicker in the thighs than the mold used on the Gray Widow (Kate Bishop) buck. I think they just added some mass to the thighs and the hips are interchangeable. I've been meaning to try to swap them out to see how well they match. Guess I'll give it a shot with the Vintage BW and the Riders BW.

You sure? the legs look like the same skinny thighs that we always gets. it's probably the same mold as the resent dazzler we just got. 

5 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

You sure? the legs look like the same skinny thighs that we always gets. it's probably the same mold as the resent dazzler we just got. 

Yes, they are different. If you compare the Vintage BW to the Riders side by side it is pretty apparent. When all is said and done they may not perform (as in posing) any better but they are definitely thicker through the mid thigh area. They do certainly look better to me. Just looking at the two pictures in this thread, notice the inner muscle on the inside of the leg, just above the knee (the medialis) of the Grey Widow makes a much more dramatic dip than the White Widow. That's the particular part of the Kate Bishop buck that makes the legs look so skinny. I know it's probably a minor detail to most, but as an artist, it is actually pretty hideous to me. I really do wish they would do away with those legs altogether.

30 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Yes, they are different. If you compare the Vintage BW to the Riders side by side it is pretty apparent. When all is said and done they may not perform (as in posing) any better but they are definitely thicker through the mid thigh area. They do certainly look better to me. Just looking at the two pictures in this thread, notice the inner muscle on the inside of the leg, just above the knee (the medialis) of the Grey Widow makes a much more dramatic dip than the White Widow. That's the particular part of the Kate Bishop buck that makes the legs look so skinny. I know it's probably a minor detail to most, but as an artist, it is actually pretty hideous to me. I really do wish they would do away with those legs altogether.

In regards to grey Black Widow, I disagree. I also never said anything about the previous releases. I also think the pictures are deceptive. It makes the thighs look thicker than they are. Dazzler's promo images made her thighs look larger too.  Additionally, White widow and Grey widow are on two different molds. I am also an artist in many categories. 

Marvel-Legends-Dazzler.jpg

8 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

In regards to grey Black Widow, I disagree. I also never said anything about the previous releases. I also think the pictures are deceptive. It makes the thighs look thicker than they are. Dazzler's promo images made her thighs look larger too.  Additionally, White widow and Grey widow are on two different molds. I am also an artist in many categories. 

Marvel-Legends-Dazzler.jpg

Like I said, ultimately they may be more or less the same size and pretty much the same thing but they are most certainly different. Also it does seem like production Dazzler went through some changes from the promo pics. And I know you didn't mention the previous BW releases but I'm pretty sure the Grey Widow is using the same buck as the Vintage BW, which is a slight variation of the Bishop buck and the White Widow shares the BW Riders buck. I've compared them side by side with much detail as to which I wanted to display. The Riders version is also quite a bit short, which I do like, mostly because I'm really like the the way the petite frame of ScarJo looks on the character. Long story short, I promise, they are different. Whether they just smoothed out the edges or added material, my personal opinion is the ones on the White Widow look better. When you get them you'll see.

Also, Grey Widow is back up at Walmart. Was able to get my order in.

Just now, monron999 said:

Like I said, ultimately they may be more or less the same size and pretty much the same thing but they are most certainly different. Also it does seem like production Dazzler went through some changes from the promo pics. And I know you didn't mention the previous BW releases but I'm pretty sure the Grey Widow is using the same buck as the Vintage BW, which is a slight variation of the Bishop buck and the White Widow shares the BW Riders buck. I've compared them side by side with much detail as to which I wanted to display. The Riders version is also quite a bit short, which I do like, mostly because I'm really like the the way the petite frame of ScarJo looks on the character. Long story short, I promise, they are different. Whether they just smoothed out the edges or added material, my personal opinion is the ones on the White Widow look better. When you get them you'll see.

Also, Grey Widow is back up at Walmart. Was able to get my order in.

I think you are just hoping they are different. I think they will be much like many of the releases before. A final side by side will ultimately show you that they are the same. Anyways very excited. Good luck. Hope you all the best. 

28 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I think you are just hoping they are different. I think they will be much like many of the releases before. A final side by side will ultimately show you that they are the same. Anyways very excited. Good luck. Hope you all the best. 

Lol. We'll just agree to disagree. Maybe we can put a friendly wager on it. Got anything to offer?

14 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Lol. We'll just agree to disagree. Maybe we can put a friendly wager on it. Got anything to offer?

$5.00 Would be fun. But what are we betting on? That the new (Grey) Black widow uses the same legs as recent "Blue" Dazzler that was recently released? Should the two of us not be able to reach a conclusion, it shall be held to a vote? (Clear) Side by side pictures must be documented from both parties? 

Is your argument that we are getting new legs for this figure? In which if Hasbro reuses any existing leg molds do I then become the victor?

No, I have 3 points of argument:

1. The new Grey Widow will use the same legs (and mold) as the Vintage BW.

2. The new White Widow will use the same legs (and mold) as the Riders BW.

3. The White Widow and Grey Widow will have different legs either way.

I'm fairly certain of the first 2, but to simplify lets just wager on the observation you initially made. I think you're under the impression that the White Widow will use the same legs as the Dazzler figure, while I think they're completely different, regardless of where the origins are from. That will be the wager.

In the mean time, as a separate issue, I will TRY to post a picture that the Riders BW and Vintage BW also have different legs, just in case they do end up sharing the same molds as I predict.

Easy enough?

17 minutes ago, monron999 said:

No, I have 3 points of argument:

1. The new Grey Widow will use the same legs (and mold) as the Vintage BW.

2. The new White Widow will use the same legs (and mold) as the Riders BW.

3. The White Widow and Grey Widow will have different legs either way.

I'm fairly certain of the first 2, but to simplify lets just wager on the observation you initially made. I think you're under the impression that the White Widow will use the same legs as the Dazzler figure, while I think they're completely different, regardless of where the origins are from. That will be the wager.

In the mean time, as a separate issue, I will TRY to post a picture that the Riders BW and Vintage BW also have different legs, just in case they do end up sharing the same molds as I predict.

Easy enough?

I will only be betting on (1) thing as I don't care for the white widow to be released and will not be picking her up. (Also, the White widow is clearly a totally different mold from the Grey BW:

So the Bet is as Follows: 

Should the New (Grey) Black Widows legs match (Vintage) wave Black Widows - You win. 

Should the New (Grey) Black Widow legs match (Vintage) wave Dazzlers - I win. 

Should the New (Grey) Black Widow legs NOT match EITHER of the two figures stated - No one wins. 

Should the (Vintage) wave Black widow legs be the exact same as (Vintage) wave Dazzler legs  - I win,.

As that's my argument is that they are using the same mold and you stated "They are using a new slightly tweaked"  mold.

9 hours ago, Kindo said:

ooo these are very cool. i wonder if the white widow will be pearlescent or just solid white. i hope just white. pearlescents cool and all but i dig just regular solid white. I'm pretty sure that's the riders body. i can see the seam in the neck.

Yeah that idiotic seam is a NO SALE for me. I hated that thing so much I left it in the box and just took the cycle for other figures to use ( goes nice with "vintage" Widow and Miles Spider-Man). Those accessories are cool but its not like we'll never see them again.

Frankly I'm irritated that Hasbro would have ever allowed that to go to production.

Love the grey Black Widow. As a huge fan of the Harris/Epting run on the 90's (because Black Knight finally graduated to the starting line-up and was given time to shine) i had been waiting for a decent version of this look. I am indifferent to the bomber jacket because as others have said it was the 90's (looking at you 90's X-Force Havok and Polaris) and it just became part of her uniform. I think the look sans jacket is sharp however, something very sleek and simple about it that was different from her original look that made it stand out. Petty sure someday we will get the same uniform without the jacket.

Not familiar with the white version. I didn't realize the MCU deluxe figure is inspired from a comic storyline. It looks great but as some have pointed out a little redundant in the wake of the deluxe reveal. As a character i love BW so any version of any look is just cake.

I wondered to myself if we would start seeing effect pieces after the recent Storm Trooper from the black series was released. Hasbro is still behind the game as Tamashii Effects are the current leader of the pack for now. But these and the deluxe are a nice start

now to complete the rest of the 90's team I need:

1. Beardless Hercules

2. Proper white Vision

3. Crystal with BOMBER JACKET

4. Swordsman (with classic and Gatherer's alternate heads

5. Giant man with the shoulder pockets ( because 90's) and weird head gear

6. Black Knight minus cape and  add BOMBER JACKET

7. Masterson Thor with helmet mask.

8. Sersi with BOMBER JACKET

ahhh good times......

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I will only be betting on (1) thing as I don't care for the white widow to be released and will not be picking her up. (Also, the White widow is clearly a totally different mold from the Grey BW:

So the Bet is as Follows: 

Should the New (Grey) Black Widows legs match (Vintage) wave Black Widows - You win. 

Should the New (Grey) Black Widow legs match (Vintage) wave Dazzlers - I win. 

Should the New (Grey) Black Widow legs NOT match EITHER of the two figures stated - No one wins. 

Should the (Vintage) wave Black widow legs be the exact same as (Vintage) wave Dazzler legs  - I win,.

As that's my argument is that they are using the same mold and you stated "They are using a new slightly tweaked"  mold.

Errr....I think we go cross ways somewhere. I believe the new Grey Widow's, Vintage BW and Vintage Dazzler's legs are all identical. By your 2nd and 4th bet it seems to me you're thinking the same thing, which makes me scratch my head about the 1st bet. When I originally commented on the remarks made by @HogunI was agreeing that the White Widow's and Vintage Storm legs are the same but made the point that they were a different, newer style and much more superior to the standard skinny Kate Bishop legs. At least that's what I thought I was saying. I was only mentioning the Bishop legs as a reference point as to what I thought was the bench mark for what the standard "skinny" legs were. I think you and I are on the same page on most of this. Actually I think the only. Never mind, no harm, no foul. You are a freaking genius, my friend and as strong an observer of minor detail as I am. Glad you were able to get your Grey Widow(s). Did you get the White Widow or did you take a pass on that one?

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

now to complete the rest of the 90's team I need:

1. Beardless Hercules

2. Proper white Vision

3. Crystal with BOMBER JACKET

4. Swordsman (with classic and Gatherer's alternate heads

5. Giant man with the shoulder pockets ( because 90's) and weird head gear

6. Black Knight minus cape and  add BOMBER JACKET

7. Masterson Thor with helmet mask.

8. Sersi with BOMBER JACKET

ahhh good times......

90's aven.jpg

giantman.jpg

90s thor.jpg

I know it's only drawings and each artist had their distinctive take on each character, but the beardless Herc always looked funny to me. How bout a Classic Herc with alternate heads. I'd also forgotten about that goofy look for Giant Man. Not sure what was worse, the shoulder pockets or the cargo pants. That 90's style. At least they never let Liefeld work on the book. Ohhh, the horror!

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:42 AM, tarot said:

I know this is Nat's movie But I would have thought they would release a Yelena Belova at this point. My TB one can't even stand anymore.

Yes, odd that we haven't seen the comic book Yelena yet. I hope if they ever do, they'll make her face look like this. Distinctive, nice hint of cruelty.

Black_Widow_Pale_Little_Spider_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg