New Marvel Legends Exclusive Comic Based Black Widow Figures Revealed

JayC

53 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Errr....I think we go cross ways somewhere. I believe the new Grey Widow's, Vintage BW and Vintage Dazzler's legs are all identical. By your 2nd and 4th bet it seems to me you're thinking the same thing, which makes me scratch my head about the 1st bet. When I originally commented on the remarks made by @HogunI was agreeing that the White Widow's and Vintage Storm legs are the same but made the point that they were a different, newer style and much more superior to the standard skinny Kate Bishop legs. At least that's what I thought I was saying. I was only mentioning the Bishop legs as a reference point as to what I thought was the bench mark for what the standard "skinny" legs were. I think you and I are on the same page on most of this. Actually I think the only. Never mind, no harm, no foul. You are a freaking genius, my friend and as strong an observer of minor detail as I am. Glad you were able to get your Grey Widow(s). Did you get the White Widow or did you take a pass on that one?

I think we are on the same page and required no betting. 

muscle shake.png

38 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

What in Hala possessed these people to make this trend of pouches/ammo packs and bomber jackets during the 90s plague? BWHAHAHAHA!

The 90s were mullets, pockets, jackets and guns for everyone! 

Like, pockets for Giant Man? No need but sure give him pockets. The most grievous to me was the Black Knight. Goes from cape and ebony blade to jacket and lightsaber. But to this day this era has its charm to me an is remembered fondly 

10 minutes ago, McHogan said:

The 90s were mullets, pockets, jackets and guns for everyone! 

Like, pockets for Giant Man? No need but sure give him pockets. The most grievous to me was the Black Knight. Goes from cape and ebony blade to jacket and lightsaber. But to this day this era has its charm to me an is remembered fondly 

Yes, the jacket did work for a few characters. I liked it on the X-Men's Rogue, and didn't mind it (TOO much) on Cyclops, but outside of certain missions for, say, the Fantastic Four, I couldn't see the point. And while he didn't have them, the ammo packs all these guys started wearing made NO sense since most of them didn't even have guns!

I did like the cape-less Black Knight updated outfit that came out sometime after they stopped showing him wearing the jacket. And there was a pretty decent Legends figure done with that version as well. What did you think about that?

black5.jpg

On 1/23/2020 at 3:30 PM, monron999 said:

I know it's only drawings and each artist had their distinctive take on each character, but the beardless Herc always looked funny to me. How bout a Classic Herc with alternate heads. I'd also forgotten about that goofy look for Giant Man. Not sure what was worse, the shoulder pockets or the cargo pants. That 90's style. At least they never let Liefeld work on the book. Ohhh, the horror!

Beardless Hercules must have been quite the controversy back when they did this. Hercules, Thor and the Black Knight acknowledge his face a few times in this era. Before the internet people must have written in the comic to complain.. it was weird, just didn’t seem like Hercules even though he wore the costume. 

10 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Beardless Hercules must have been quite the controversy back when they did this. Hercules, Thor and the Black Knight acknowledge his face a few times in this era. Before the internet people must have written in the comic to complain.. it was weird, just didn’t seem like Hercules even though he wore the costume. 

Ah, but Hercules went beardless before, back in the 60s for a time. And its true, he really doesn't look like Marvel's version without it! Though I always wondered why they chose an orange & green motif for him....not traditionally associated with Greek colours….

eb7432b19a99f3f6a99bbccde439c321__SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

6 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yes, the jacket did work for a few characters. I liked it on the X-Men's Rogue, and didn't mind it (TOO much) on Cyclops, but outside of certain missions for, say, the Fantastic Four, I couldn't see the point. And while he didn't have them, the ammo packs all these guys started wearing made NO sense since most of them didn't even have guns!

I did like the cape-less Black Knight updated outfit that came out sometime after they stopped showing him wearing the jacket. And there was a pretty decent Legends figure done with that version as well. What did you think about that?

black5.jpg

I liked the Legends version of the cape less Black Knight. I was a little bummed that it wasn’t the classic version but I was glad to have him. Of course he was from the “dark ages” of Hasbro’s early years so he had terrible articulation but design-wise he was pretty cool. For display purposes only he looks great STANDING next to the more recent release Black Knight. 

I would also love an official Black Knight in jacket / lightsaber era, again this version of the team was very 90s but I have a soft spot for them all.  The custom from your post looks amazing and who knows, Hasbro May someday decide the pockets era is a gold mine for new versions haha

12 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

black5.jpg

Personally I liked that design and the ML was one of the best for the time. While I do like the classic BK with the alternate heads Hasbro did recently I would love for them to do a retake on their first figure with some much updated scale and articulation. I don't think Hasbro's really keen on doing straight redo's as single packs, but maybe we can see him in a multi-pack (ah la, Jean Grey and Quicksilver) that includes Classic Herc. Also, maybe include the Typhoid Mary flames for his sword.

3 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Ah, but Hercules went beardless before, back in the 60s for a time. And its true, he really doesn't look like Marvel's version without it! Though I always wondered why they chose an orange & green motif for him....not traditionally associated with Greek colours….

eb7432b19a99f3f6a99bbccde439c321__SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I forgot about Hercules early appearances! I had been so conditioned to see him with his beard that even these pics don’t look like him.. I remember thumbing through a comic around #350 era and it had Hercules and the Black Knight in civies and I was confused who the heck this guy was.. haha took some actual reading to realize it was our favorite Greek god

13 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Personally I liked that design and the ML was one of the best for the time. While I do like the classic BK with the alternate heads Hasbro did recently I would love for them to do a retake on their first figure with some much updated scale and articulation. I don't think Hasbro's really keen on doing straight redo's as single packs, but maybe we can see him in a multi-pack (ah la, Jean Grey and Quicksilver) that includes Classic Herc. Also, maybe include the Typhoid Mary flames for his sword.

I’d be on board for sure. My biggest bummer was the lack of wrist articulation, wanted a classic two handed pose that just wasn’t possible.

bottom line, I will buy all Black Knight goodness that Hasbro throws out

ive been on this board for a little while now and have always wondered how  threads about a specific topic gets so far off base hahaha we went from talking about the new Black Widow figures to talking about Hercules beard!!

18 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I’d be on board for sure. My biggest bummer was the lack of wrist articulation, wanted a classic two handed pose that just wasn’t possible.

bottom line, I will buy all Black Knight goodness that Hasbro throws out

ive been on this board for a little while now and have always wondered how  threads about a specific topic gets so far off base hahaha

OK....maybe this will bring it back around...Hercules did once date... the Black Widow.

038_072.jpg