Avengers Video Game Marvel Legends Hulk Figure Coming To Gamestop?!?

JayC

I can deal with this - if the only way to get Mach-1, and to a lesser extent (so-90's) Rage, is to add them to a Gamer-wave, it's no different to a movie wave (with 4 of 7 figures losing their BAF parts, then immediately going on eBay).

I'm loving both the comic-based Super Skrull & Demogoblin waves to bits (even the Spidey figures are okay), and both are a thousand times better than last year's Captain Marvel wave or the SM-FFH/Molten Man BAF wave. A Gamer-verse wave sits somewhere between these, and at least (from what we know) there's something new here, not 8 versions of the same character, with or without their damn jacket on.

I'm torn on the whole Gamer-verse idea, especially as the most ubiquitous figures will always look 92% like every other version of Iron Man, Hulk, Cap & Thor ever issued. Games, like movies, are short-term buzz & demand only: you want to them mostly because you've just seen the movie or are playing through the game. Kinda different to seeing a character in a comic for 30 years. Glad that we'll get a new Ms Marvel figure though, and I'm hoping they get seriously creative with the arms this time.

I think a Gamer-verse would have a hell of a lot more traction if it wasn't just drawing on the latest platform specific console game. There have been some spectacularly good Marvel games in the past: Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Cable vs. Ryu! Marrow vs. Jill! Crimson Dawn Psylocke vs anyone! Felicia vs 1990's War Machine! Thanos vs Akuma! Surely?) or Marvel Ultimate Alliance are still great fun 50 years on and full of obscure characters and cool characters in obscure costumes. Limiting a 'verse' just to the latest Spider-Man game seems weak & uninspired.

Still have very fond memories of the ancient (but perfect) MVC2 Morrigan vs Captain America 2 pack from the end of the Toy Biz era, and I think a lot of people would pop to see a decent, modern Marvel Legends version of both of those.

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

Actually they are pretty similar.

Spidey PS4's Taskmaster has a much more hi-tech feel to his costume, with plenty of tailor-made armor. The helmet is much more stylized and even has glowing eyes. He also has only the hood, with no cape.

A-Day's Taskmaster is much more rudimentary. Aside from his weapon harness, boots, and shoulder pads, he's wearing a t-shirt and cargo pants. His helmet also emulates the shape of a skull a lot more. His hood is frayed and he has a cape.

They only share some similarities because they're both different versions of the same character. But their designs have distinctly different approaches, and they're not even voiced by the same actor.

@mako I have to agree with you about how Rage is getting make before the 3 other founder, (Speedball, Justice and Namorita) and probably the most request character to date (Firestar) haven't been made yet.

There is also the fact that he was part of the Avengers breifly so they maybe be trying to make that team as well.

They did do him for the MU line and as we have seen recently they seem to just be plucking all the character we never got from that line (New Article Idea!! I have to look through that line again and see what we are missing).

My guess though is that this is just a simple repaint of the Nuke figure with a new head and maybe a new jacket that was slotted in to save money. Same with Mar-Vell (either the standerd Bucky cap or the Spider-uk), Leader (Pizza mold) and Mach-1 (Ultimate Beetle, which looking at the images in this tread, is freaking close enough to work).

As well as been a New Warrior and an Avenger, Rage did have a role in Sam Wilson's Cap run, which probably gives him an edge of Justice and Firestar who were also Avengers and New Warriors.

Glad to see Mach-1 being done, Mar-Vell would be okay (even better with a Genis alt Head and leader would be great,"So says the Leader"

Ok So just a little bit of news. I found a listings for a 2nd assortment of Avengers gameverse figures. meaning we're getting 2 waves.  As to if the 2nd wave includes more figures based from the game I couldn't tell you.

Unfortunately when Hasbro names a assortment for the year, the name of that assortment travels to the next wave.  

So this is the name for the 2 waves.

MVL AVN Legends Game AST HSBE73475L00  (5L00 stands for 5 languages assortment 1)

MVL AVN Legends Game AST HSBE73475L01 (5L01 stands for 5 languages assortment 2)

About the gamer verse thing... I get the love that the PS4 Spideys have gotten, I’m sure we will see more. Feels like there are quite a few that Hasbro will mine before it’s all said and done.

as far as the Avengers gamer verse figures... I’m on board but I’m not super high on the game designs that I would say I’m looking forward to Legends of them. I posted about this earlier in that whichever figures they produce for this line will most likely be anomaly’s in our collections. They are unique enough that they look ok together as “gamer verse” figures but from what I’ve seen are TOO unique to fit in with either my MCU or comic Avengers. (Judging by what they have shown in game trailers)

Im not against them, I love the Avengers in all forms, just when the line gets announced and I see Rage, Captain Marvel, Mach 1 it kinda makes me wonder what could have been if they went full on comic wave..

i will be purchasing the wave ( both waves as a second wave is rumored / mentioned / confirmed ?!?)  but my hope is that a few more obscure or fan favorite Avengers get added to my collection as a result. Maybe a few more Avengers who have also been New Warriors <hint hint>

also hoping that Hasbro’s support of the gamer verse figures doesn’t become decisive and splits us like the age old battle of MCU vs Comic collectors haha.. ( for the record I am neutral, I collect them all )

• 3 weeks later...

rnaylor85 has posted a scan from an upcoming Gamestop flyer which gives us our first look at the Gamerverse Avengers Video Game Hulk. The figure is said to stand 8.5" tall. We first told you about this figure back in January, though honestly this isn't quit what we were expecting.

While not 100% confirmed, indications are that this figure is being released as a Gamestop exclusive.

Gamerverse-Hulk.jpg

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

rnaylor85 has posted a scan from an upcoming Gamestop flyer which gives us our first look at the Gamerverse Avengers Video Game Hulk. The figure is said to stand 8.5" tall. We first told you about this figure back in January, though honestly this isn't quit what we were expecting.

While not 100% confirmed, indications are that this figure is being released as a Gamestop exclusive.

Gamerverse-Hulk.jpg

Man, that looks hideous. 

19 minutes ago, JayC said:

Gamerverse-Hulk.jpg

Lol, what in the hell is that? I don't like it as a hulk figure, but honestly, it might be a fun random figure to have in a collection. But, I can't imagine this being a hot item. I won't be paying retail for it. 

7 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Lol, what in the hell is that? I don't like it as a hulk figure, but honestly, it might be a fun random figure to have in a collection. But, I can't imagine this being a hot item. I won't be paying retail for it. 

I know it was originally being listed with a $22 price, but would be very surprised if that is the final price Gamestop charages. Based on the packaging in the back it seems like a Deluxe figure which means even normal places would likely charge $30 for it.

18 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Even if it was released outside of GS, I would guess it would cost $30, and who knows how much Gamestop will charge for it. I know they are including it in a video game bundle b

Outback-Hulk-01.jpg

Outback-Hulk-02.jpg

Outback-Hulk-03.jpg

Outback-Hulk-04.jpg

4 minutes ago, JayC said:

Even if it was released outside of GS, I would guess it would cost $30, and who knows how much Gamestop will charge for it. I know they are including it in a video game bundle b

Outback-Hulk-01.jpg

Outback-Hulk-02.jpg

Outback-Hulk-03.jpg

Outback-Hulk-04.jpg

The uk site i mentioned is charging 28.99 euros for it, around 30 to 35 dollars. 

It should be mention gamestop doesnt get it exclusives over here so they are usually sold through etailers.