Avengers Video Game Marvel Legends Hulk Figure Coming To Gamestop?!?

JayC

MCUCollector alerts us to a listing found on the Gamestop system indication that they will be carrying an exclusive Marvel Legends Hulk figure, possibly based on the upcoming Square Enix Avengers video game. We already know Hasbro is doing an Iron Man figure based on the game.

We will be sure to update this story once more details become available.

Avengers-Hulk.jpg

Gamestop-Exclusive-Hulk.jpg

Guess they'll try and take advantage of the game as much as they can. And who knows, maybe if these figures are successful they'll make more.

Though I'm curious if the game's reception will have any influence in the production of figures. I mean, PS4 Spiderman was a huge success, hence why they are making more figures from that game. In the case of the Avengers game, we're yet to see how it performs. 

Another thing to add here is the fact that the PS4 Spiderman game gave you the opportunity to get many different suits. In the case of this Avengers game, the designs seem kinda real-world ish, very similar to the MCU designs in my opinion, which makes my interest in the figures from this game very little. 

25 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Guess they'll try and take advantage of the game as much as they can. And who knows, maybe if these figures are successful they'll make more.

Though I'm curious if the game's reception will have any influence in the production of figures. I mean, PS4 Spiderman was a huge success, hence why they are making more figures from that game. In the case of the Avengers game, we're yet to see how it performs. 

Another thing to add here is the fact that the PS4 Spiderman game gave you the opportunity to get many different suits. In the case of this Avengers game, the designs seem kinda real-world ish, very similar to the MCU designs in my opinion, which makes my interest in the figures from this game very little. 

yeah the costumes they have shown for the game leave a lot to be desired. however, it was said that there is supposed to be many skins for each character. then it comes down to personal preference, would you want another Hulk figure with minimal difference to the ones w'eve gotten or one with some wild design from the video game that would not fit into any other part of your collection?

it will be interesting to see what direction they take these figures

7 minutes ago, McHogan said:

yeah the costumes they have shown for the game leave a lot to be desired. however, it was said that there is supposed to be many skins for each character. then it comes down to personal preference, would you want another Hulk figure with minimal difference to the ones w'eve gotten or one with some wild design from the video game that would not fit into any other part of your collection?

it will be interesting to see what direction they take these figures

Well, if there are more skins that's awesome. However, I can't really see Hasbro making more than one or two skins per character. Honestly, I would very much rather they made a wild design from the videogame that looks cool and different to what we've got. That design not fitting with the rest of my collection is not a problem for me, since my lack of shelves makes me play multiverse in order to display as many figure as I can. As you said, it all comes down to personal preference.

7 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Would anyone be surprised if they just retooled the first 80 years Hulk from the 2-pack and just gave us a new head?

I am interested in seeing what they put out though. At $22.99 I doubt it will be the 80th anniversary mold. 

(Capcom vs Marvel) Hulk or bust. 

I don't know if its been shared here (sorry I don't keep up with the Community really).

I have Product Numbers For all 7 of the Upcoming figures in the Avengers Gameverse wave. No names are given Specifically. It will be a retail wave though. It looks like Hasbro is letting distributors order solid cases of single figures.

HSBE9181

HSBE9182

HSBE9183

HSBE9184

HSBE9185

HSBE9186

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I am interested in seeing what they put out though. At $22.99 I doubt it will be the 80th anniversary mold. 

(Capcom vs Marvel) Hulk or bust. 

good point. the hulk body is a $35 figure at best and depending on where you buy. Gamestop is notorious for their upcharge on  Legends. so whatever this exclusive hulk is my guess is it is not the recent Hulk body we have seen

Haven't confirmed this in any way but someone sent me this list for the Avengers Video Game assortment.

2x Cap

1x IM

1x Kamala

1x Mach 1

1x Rage

1x Leader

They couldn't remember the 8th figure but it wasn't Widow or Thor. Again at this time I have no idea how accurate this is or if these are all video game figures or if the last 3 are supposed to be comic based.

21 minutes ago, JayC said:

Haven't confirmed this in any way but someone sent me this list for the Avengers Video Game assortment.

2x Cap

1x IM

1x Kamala

1x Mach 1

1x Rage

1x Leader

They couldn't remember the 8th figure but it wasn't Widow or Thor. Again at this time I have no idea how accurate this is or if these are all video game figures or if the last 3 are supposed to be comic based.

Wow wow. I highly doubt that that rage and mach 1 ( leader maybe) so could that mean we will be getting comic figures as well?!

If that is true we are getting another new warrior and thunderbolt. 

1 hour ago, JayC said:

2x Cap

1x IM

1x Kamala

1x Mach 1

1x Rage

1x Leader

E9D3CCD5-4A80-43C0-87EE-4696C7B01466.jpeg

19 hours ago, McHogan said:

good point. the hulk body is a $35 figure at best and depending on where you buy. Gamestop is notorious for their upcharge on  Legends. so whatever this exclusive hulk is my guess is it is not the recent Hulk body we have seen

You know what I find interesting thought. They usually start with the highest mark up but are the quickest to apply a discount or put on clearance. The discounts and clearance is pretty nice to. I got 25% off 2 Dr. Dooms at the End of last year, 2 x $18 with free shipping was really nice. 

Thinking about it now, with the delay of the game maybe they decided to mix the wave with some comic figure and spread the wave into 2 to make it last until the game release. After all they had these figure planned and sculpted for month for a set release date so they may have not choice but to release them earlier then the game release.

Anyone who didn't see this coming is fooling themselves. It's not a particular interest of mine, especially with all the roadblocks and pitfalls that seem to happening with the game, but I understand it's a necessity as games have indeed become a major source of mainstream entertainment media. What bothers me is it seems they are transitioning straight from the movie based figures to game based figures which will, once again, inundate us with droves of Captain America and Iron Man while characters like Tigra, Swordsman and Crystal may continue to get bumped down the line in favor of those characters, once again. I like the rumored list with Mach I and Rage though, but like many others, I'm highly skeptical, but I would pleasantly love to be wrong. Since it's being pushed as the updated, fully 3D, console version of Avengers Alliance it could be a way to get many of those fringe characters in the mix. The problem is, will they be comic based or game based? Would it even matter to most? The game characters will resemble the comics much more than the movies, but y'now, they still won't be the same. I do like the look of the Iron Man and he looks better suited (pun intended) to fit in the the comic figs rather that the MCU figs, but how many of the same old characters will we be ultimately subject to?

I also have an issue with the highly touted so-called "success" of the PS4 Spider-Man figures. Of course, the game itself was a massive breakout success, but that didn't necessarily carry over to the figures itself. Personally I liked the first GameStop exclusive and I think that was the general consensus throughout the collector community, but can anyone deny that they sat on the shelves for way too long? As for the current batch of "Scuba Spidey's" sitting on the shelves right now in mass retail stores, if I've seen one of them sold, I've seen a million of them sold and I've seen neither. I know there are some good reviews on them, but I swear, if it weren't for the BAF they'd have to be thrown into the Great Pit of Carcoon to the all-powerful Sarlacc to be digested over a thousand years.

Of course, as usual, the figures that I have little to no interest in will look amazing and I will be compelled to get them no matter what niche they fall into, so really there's no point of me complaining just yet. I'll wait to see. I honestly hope to be pleasantly surprised. The big question is, will they be doing a BAF with these waves, if not, I hope they intend on including a butt load of accessories.

Mach-One-Thunderbolts-Marvel-Comics-d.jpLeader-Marvel-Comics-Hulk-Stern-d.jpgRage-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-New-Warriors

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I would be happy with those, if true!

I don't care much for the default Thor and Cap game designs but who know, I may change my mind after playing the game.

I know my little nephews love the ps4 Spidey game and the figures Hasbro is putting out. Pretty sure they'll  be interested in the Avengers game figures too.

There's supposed to be 7 total figures in this wave, I haven't been able to find out their identity's yet. They all have the "Gameverse" tag on them in other store's datatbases, So I'm not quite sure if that means they're all going to be based off the game or not.

off-topic wise. Other legends listings are starting to pop up in various distributors data bases. I found 4 more product numbers for what looks like possible future fan channel exclusives. (No names given just product numbers).

I also found listings for the upcoming The Eternals and Venom 2020 wave assortments. The distributor list them for estimated July Pre-order dates.