Jump to content
JayC

Avengers Video Game Marvel Legends Hulk Figure Coming To Gamestop?!?

Recommended Posts

MCUCollector alerts us to a listing found on the Gamestop system indication that they will be carrying an exclusive Marvel Legends Hulk figure, possibly based on the upcoming Square Enix Avengers video game. We already know Hasbro is doing an Iron Man figure based on the game.

We will be sure to update this story once more details become available.

Avengers-Hulk.jpg

Gamestop-Exclusive-Hulk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could the entire line be a GS exclusive? I mean it would make sense since it is (or was at this time) a gaming store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is they Iron Man and Hulk would be exclusive. Then if they do well we could see more in later waves, like the first PS4 Spider-Man was a GameStop exclusive and the two new suits in the goblin wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhh, aaaaaaaaaand another umpteenth version of Hulk. awesome sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarot said:

could the entire line be a GS exclusive? I mean it would make sense since it is (or was at this time) a gaming store.

I'm thinking it'll be more like they pepper Avengers figures throughout the market, as opposed to a single line. You know, maybe Iron Man goes exclusive to Walmart, Hulk to Gamestop, Cap to Target, Ms. Marvel goes Fan-Channel, that sort of thing.

Hard to say, they haven't really said that much about anything non-X past the Dynamo line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, all I can say to this is... “I knew it!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's of no interest to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess they'll try and take advantage of the game as much as they can. And who knows, maybe if these figures are successful they'll make more.

Though I'm curious if the game's reception will have any influence in the production of figures. I mean, PS4 Spiderman was a huge success, hence why they are making more figures from that game. In the case of the Avengers game, we're yet to see how it performs. 

Another thing to add here is the fact that the PS4 Spiderman game gave you the opportunity to get many different suits. In the case of this Avengers game, the designs seem kinda real-world ish, very similar to the MCU designs in my opinion, which makes my interest in the figures from this game very little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Guess they'll try and take advantage of the game as much as they can. And who knows, maybe if these figures are successful they'll make more.

Though I'm curious if the game's reception will have any influence in the production of figures. I mean, PS4 Spiderman was a huge success, hence why they are making more figures from that game. In the case of the Avengers game, we're yet to see how it performs. 

Another thing to add here is the fact that the PS4 Spiderman game gave you the opportunity to get many different suits. In the case of this Avengers game, the designs seem kinda real-world ish, very similar to the MCU designs in my opinion, which makes my interest in the figures from this game very little. 

yeah the costumes they have shown for the game leave a lot to be desired. however, it was said that there is supposed to be many skins for each character. then it comes down to personal preference, would you want another Hulk figure with minimal difference to the ones w'eve gotten or one with some wild design from the video game that would not fit into any other part of your collection?

it will be interesting to see what direction they take these figures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, McHogan said:

yeah the costumes they have shown for the game leave a lot to be desired. however, it was said that there is supposed to be many skins for each character. then it comes down to personal preference, would you want another Hulk figure with minimal difference to the ones w'eve gotten or one with some wild design from the video game that would not fit into any other part of your collection?

it will be interesting to see what direction they take these figures

Well, if there are more skins that's awesome. However, I can't really see Hasbro making more than one or two skins per character. Honestly, I would very much rather they made a wild design from the videogame that looks cool and different to what we've got. That design not fitting with the rest of my collection is not a problem for me, since my lack of shelves makes me play multiverse in order to display as many figure as I can. As you said, it all comes down to personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone be surprised if they just retooled the first 80 years Hulk from the 2-pack and just gave us a new head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Would anyone be surprised if they just retooled the first 80 years Hulk from the 2-pack and just gave us a new head?

I am interested in seeing what they put out though. At $22.99 I doubt it will be the 80th anniversary mold. 

(Capcom vs Marvel) Hulk or bust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if its been shared here (sorry I don't keep up with the Community really).

I have Product Numbers For all 7 of the Upcoming figures in the Avengers Gameverse wave. No names are given Specifically. It will be a retail wave though. It looks like Hasbro is letting distributors order solid cases of single figures.

HSBE9181
 
HSBE9182
 
HSBE9183
 
HSBE9184
 
HSBE9185
 
HSBE9186
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

 

I am interested in seeing what they put out though. At $22.99 I doubt it will be the 80th anniversary mold. 

(Capcom vs Marvel) Hulk or bust. 

good point. the hulk body is a $35 figure at best and depending on where you buy. Gamestop is notorious for their upcharge on  Legends. so whatever this exclusive hulk is my guess is it is not the recent Hulk body we have seen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't confirmed this in any way but someone sent me this list for the Avengers Video Game assortment.

2x Cap

1x IM

1x Kamala

1x Mach 1

1x Rage

1x Leader

They couldn't remember the 8th figure but it wasn't Widow or Thor. Again at this time I have no idea how accurate this is or if these are all video game figures or if the last 3 are supposed to be comic based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JayC said:

Haven't confirmed this in any way but someone sent me this list for the Avengers Video Game assortment.

2x Cap

1x IM

1x Kamala

1x Mach 1

1x Rage

1x Leader

They couldn't remember the 8th figure but it wasn't Widow or Thor. Again at this time I have no idea how accurate this is or if these are all video game figures or if the last 3 are supposed to be comic based.

Wow wow. I highly doubt that that rage and mach 1 ( leader maybe) so could that mean we will be getting comic figures as well?!

 

If that is true we are getting another new warrior and thunderbolt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 6:43 PM, tarot said:

could the entire line be a GS exclusive? I mean it would make sense since it is (or was at this time) a gaming store.

Not Ex to GS as a wave.  Just Hulk is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

Haven't confirmed this in any way but someone sent me this list for the Avengers Video Game assortment.

2x Cap

1x IM

1x Kamala

1x Mach 1

1x Rage

1x Leader

They couldn't remember the 8th figure but it wasn't Widow or Thor. Again at this time I have no idea how accurate this is or if these are all video game figures or if the last 3 are supposed to be comic based.

 

E9D3CCD5-4A80-43C0-87EE-4696C7B01466.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have no interest in the game characters, seeing Mach 1 and the Leader would be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping they can work in a Thor and Widow to. Yeah, I know this year is gonna be lousy with Widows, but I actually LIKE the Gamerverse designs and want as many of the characters as I can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, McHogan said:

good point. the hulk body is a $35 figure at best and depending on where you buy. Gamestop is notorious for their upcharge on  Legends. so whatever this exclusive hulk is my guess is it is not the recent Hulk body we have seen

You know what I find interesting thought. They usually start with the highest mark up but are the quickest to apply a discount or put on clearance. The discounts and clearance is pretty nice to. I got 25% off 2 Dr. Dooms at the End of last year, 2 x $18 with free shipping was really nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about it now, with the delay of the game maybe they decided to mix the wave with some comic figure and spread the wave into 2 to make it last until the game release. After all they had these figure planned and sculpted for month for a set release date so they may have not choice but to release them earlier then the game release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarot said:

Thinking about it now, with the delay of the game maybe they decided to mix the wave with some comic figure and spread the wave into 2 to make it last until the game release. After all they had these figure planned and sculpted for month for a set release date so they may have not choice but to release them earlier then the game release.

The only problem with that theory is the game delay was a last minute thing. The Wave assortments would've been hashed out a long time ago, and you can't just pump the breaks and change 'em up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE