Boxes for BAF

Wittygreenwolf

It's an interesting idea, but I think it would likely have too limited an audience for it to make much sense. I feel like the vast majority of people who purchase Legends products open them and discard the boxes, and that most people who display in-box prefer the figures to be truly unopened. This is obviously speculative, but I'd guess that collectors who open but then display in-box would have to be a tiny, tiny minority of Hasbro's customers. Maybe it would be feasible if they worked out a deal with some sort of print-on-demand service?

39 minutes ago, Benn said:

It's an interesting idea, but I think it would likely have too limited an audience for it to make much sense. I feel like the vast majority of people who purchase Legends products open them and discard the boxes, and that most people who display in-box prefer the figures to be truly unopened. This is obviously speculative, but I'd guess that collectors who open but then display in-box would have to be a tiny, tiny minority of Hasbro's customers. Maybe it would be feasible if they worked out a deal with some sort of print-on-demand service?

Yeah print in demand would be a cool way of doing it. But yes you are right about that, I truly dont open mine, I would just buy the BAF and like to display it with the rest 

This is an interesting idea in theory. I don't think it would work as far as sales though. Maybe someone could create templates for the box. That way you could print it out, cut it out and assemble a box yourself. 

On 1/27/2020 at 9:29 PM, Benn said:

I feel like the vast majority of people who purchase Legends products open them and discard the boxes, and that most people who display in-box prefer the figures to be truly unopened. This is obviously speculative, but I'd guess that collectors who open but then display in-box would have to be a tiny, tiny minority of Hasbro's customers. 

I saw this last night and completely skipped over it for this reasoning. The openers aren't going to care for packaging and I've never heard of a MOC collector opening the packaging just to assemble the BAF.

The other issue I would have wth this is down the road if you decide to sell. A good chunk of us on here know would probably know these BAFs don't come packaged. But someone who is just getting into collecting might not be aware.

Could also wait and see if the packaged Giant-Man is a test run to see if Hasbro can get away with slowly releasing BAFs in their own packaging slowly over time.

Maybe I’m not understanding your point but if you don’t open boxes you can’t assemble the BAFs regardless.. 

But if I did miss your point, have you considered commissioning boxes from customizers? People with skills can make awesome boxes with the appropriate graphics in relation to the specific characters that have been released as BAFs. That may be the more economical way for you to get what you are looking for. 

But if you are patient, many BAFs have been re-released as singles so you may only have to wait and see

On 1/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, McHogan said:

Maybe I’m not understanding your point but if you don’t open boxes you can’t assemble the BAFs regardless.. 

yeah this is what I don't get, so if you are mr. in-box collector, and you want to showcase your BAF in a box , how you gonna get that BAF in a box without unboxing... and then once you unbox, the whole purpose of the boxed collection is now obsolete for the most part

spacer.png

On 1/30/2020 at 3:05 AM, McHogan said:

unless you buy the BAF parts or just buy the BAF seperately

Still, I don't really see a massive market for BAF boxes.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, McHogan said:

See below.

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah this is what I don't get, so if you are mr. in-box collector, and you want to showcase your BAF in a box , how you gonna get that BAF in a box without unboxing... and then once you unbox, the whole purpose of the boxed collection is now obsolete for the most part

spacer.png

See below.

10 minutes ago, leokearon said:

He answered this question up-thread.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, Wittygreenwolf said:

I truly dont open mine, I would just buy the BAF and like to display it with the rest 

On 1/31/2020 at 3:09 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

I answered this early. I would buy the BAFs from a secondary seller, like ebay, when jts completed. Thanks for not paying attention and being rude. This is my first post on here because I really enjoy the marvel legend line. Something I have collected for many years, and I hate missing out certain characters. My father and I always collect mint in box, as much as possible, and with him gone now, I definitely want to keep it this way. I would just like to be able to see some of my favorites like apocalypse, kingpin, ect in my collect and have them match. If that's not something you can understand then I'm sorry but keep your lame ass rude post and comment for others that act the same way. 

On 1/31/2020 at 11:58 AM, leokearon said:

Still, I don't really see a massive market for BAF boxes.

I agree that it wouldn't be massive by any means, but it would still be nice to have this match the rest of the collection. I love the packaging on most marvel legends.

5 hours ago, Wittygreenwolf said:

I answered this early. I would buy the BAFs from a secondary seller, like ebay, when jts completed. Thanks for not paying attention and being rude. This is my first post on here because I really enjoy the marvel legend line. Something I have collected for many years, and I hate missing out certain characters. My father and I always collect mint in box, as much as possible, and with him gone now, I definitely want to keep it this way. I would just like to be able to see some of my favorites like apocalypse, kingpin, ect in my collect and have them match. If that's not something you can understand then I'm sorry but keep your lame ass rude post and comment for others that act the same way. 

Welcome to the board. I really don’t believe Lord-Scareglow meant any harm. Like me, Lord-Scareglow may have skimmed your original post and misread it. I completely missed the part where you mentioned buying BAFs online and I interpreted Lord-Scareglows reply as light hearted. No harm no foul. I’ve read, posted and replied with Lord-Scareglow many times and it has always been friendly. 

Obviously I can’t speak for Lord-Scareglow but I did not interpret his reply as antagonistic or rude, I think you may have misread the intent of the reply. 

As for you reasoning for wanting in box BAFs, I think that is as great a reason as any I have heard for collecting. Any opportunity to bond with a parent or keep a tradition with a loved one going is just an awesome motivation. I too have lost my father about two years ago. He was huge into collecting coins. At first I had no interest but over the years it became less about my disinterest and more about the time we spent together with the hobby. Now with him gone I have inherited his collection but in truth it is more of a warm reminder of quality time spent with my father.

Good luck with your search