Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

2020 has just begun, and the year is already shaping up to be another big year for Hasbro’s Marvel Legends line of 6” action figures. Toy Fair is less than a month away (2/22), and we thought we would attempt to break down everything we know, what we think we know and what we kinda know is coming out this year.

What we know:

Amazing-Fantastic-Four-Dr-Doom-Wave-00__scaled_600.jpg

The first Fantastic Four and Spider-Man waves of the year are already out on shelves. They actually started hitting shelves at the end of last year, but I think technically they are considered 2020 releases.

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave__scaled_600.jpg

The first Walgreens exclusive of the year, the Stepford Cuckoos Sisters has also started hitting shelves now.

Marvel-Legends-Stepford-Cuckoos__scaled_600.jpg

The first Ultimate Marvel Legends Rider Wave with Squirrel Girl and Cosmic Ghost Rider has also started hitting shelves now.

2020-Rider-Series-1__scaled_600.jpg

The X-Men: Vintage Collection Storm in black outfit has also started hitting stores now.

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-Collection-Black-Costume-Storm__scaled_600.jpg

If you haven't caught up, you can purchase all of these minus the Walgreens exclusive at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The next wave of regular figures which is based on the Black Widow movie and comics, is slated for release in late February/March. This wave includes movie versions of Taskmaster, Black Widow (black costume), Red Guardian and Yelena Belova, as well as comic versions of Winter Soldier, Spymaster and Crossbones. The Build-A-Figure is Crimson Dynamo.

Black-Widow-Wave-__scaled_600.jpg

In February/March we will be getting a Target exclusive comic based Black Widow in white outfit and a Walmart exclusive version of the character in Grey.

Target-Exclusive-Black-Widow-White-Marvel-Legends-01__scaled_600.jpg

Walmart-Exclusive-Comic-Black-Widow-Grey-Suit__scaled_600.jpg

In March/April we will see a Deluxe Black Widow movie figure released featuring Natasha in her white outfit.

Black-Widow-Deluxe__scaled_600.jpg

Also in March/April, we will see the release of the new Marvel Legends Stan Lee figure.

marvel-6-34-legends-stan-lee-figure__scaled_600.jpg

What we think we know:

This next segment goes over things we know some about or have a pretty good idea is coming, but NOT necessarily 100% confirmed by Hasbro.

X-Force__scaled_600.jpg

Starting things off we have a wave of X-Force themed figures coming. We know for fact this wave will include figures of Warpath, Sunspot, Deadpool (Blue-X-Men Outfit) and a Strong Guy Build-A-Figure. There should be at least 3 more regular figures, possibly four that Hasbro has yet to reveal. The release date on this wave is not totally known either, but likely a April/May time frame.

Marvel-Legends-Age-Of-Apocalypse-Wave__scaled_600.jpg

We also know Hasbro has an X-Men: Age of Apocalypse wave in the works for this year, which should be out in May. We don’t yet know what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be, but we know the regular figures that are coming. The wave will consist of Dark Beast, Weapon X, Jean Grey, Morph, Nathan Summers, Wild Child and Sunfire.

Avengers-Video-Game-Marvel-Legends-Wave__scaled_600.jpg

We are pretty sure there is at least 1 (maybe 2) Avengers themed waves coming this year, which will contain figures based on the upcoming Square Enix Avengers video game.

Avengers-Iron-Man-Video-Game__scaled_600.jpg

We know for fact that Hasbro is doing an Iron Man figure for the game, which they officially announced last October. Other figures rumored for this wave include video game versions of Captain America and Kamala (Ms. Marvel), as well as comic versions of Mach-1, Rage, Leader and Captain Mar-vell. If this wave includes a Build-A-Figure, we have no word on what it might be at this time. It should be reiterated that other than Iron Man, none of these figures have been confirmed by Hasbro.

Avengers-Hulk__scaled_600.jpg

A listing for a Gamestop exclusive Hulk figure recently showed up in the Gamestop computers. Most suspect this figure will also be based on the Square Enix video game, but again that is not confirmed.

What we kinda know:

For this final segment, we bring you this generalized list of stuff that has been discovered in various distributor listings or retail computers. None of these are confirmed by Hasbro. These listings also tend to be so generalized or use codenames that we really don’t have much in the way of specific details about what is actually being released. This really is more to just give you an idea of how much stuff is likely in the pipeline. Thanks to JTPrime for a heads up on many of these.

- E8710 Avengers Legends Exclusive “Mechanic” (Mechanic is a codeword, not the actual figure name, and indications are this will be released very soon.)

- 4 new Fan Channel exclusives
- E74555L01  "Marvel Legends"  (Vehicle assortment 2)
- E73475L01 ( Avengers game Assortment 2) "Marvel Legends"
- Venom 2020 Wave
- Eternals 2020 Wave

So there you have it, what we know, think we know and kinda know for 2020 so far. If last year was any indication, this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. Be sure to check out MarvelousNews on Saturday, February 22 for our complete coverage of the Hasbro Marvel reveals at the New York Toy Fair.

2020-Rider-Series-1.jpg

Amazing-Fantastic-Four-Dr-Doom-Wave-00.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave.jpg

Avengers-Hulk.jpg

Avengers-Iron-Man-Video-Game.jpg

Avengers-Video-Game-Marvel-Legends-Wave.jpg

Black-Widow-Deluxe.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-.jpg

marvel-6-34-legends-stan-lee-figure.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2020.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-Of-Apocalypse-Wave.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Stepford-Cuckoos.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-Collection-Black-Costume-Storm.jpg

Target-Exclusive-Black-Widow-White-Marvel-Legends-01.jpg

Walmart-Exclusive-Comic-Black-Widow-Grey-Suit.jpg

X-Force.jpg

33 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Please, ask Hasbro if they are ever going to make a figure based on me and my friends and to also stop making Wolverine figures.

Not only do we need a three pack of Hogun and his friends but we also need a comic accurate version of the Big Boss and the Security Guard who sees everything where Hogun and his friends work/live.

Also, in addition to not making anymore Wolverine figures could we please get a moratorium on Spider Man figures?  I really don't need Spider Man in a Yankees uniform from a 1987 Hostess Twinkies, Major League Baseball and Marvel cross over promotional ad.  

Judging by the figures pictured and discounting the ones I've already put in for (except the Sunfire and the original Captain Mar-Vell), my wallet's gonna get a break this time round. Now, since this is being called the "tip" of the iceberg, that assessment may change with new reveals. Let the speculation begin...

11 minutes ago, Benn said:

Meh. There's a few more Wolverines I'd like to see, but I'd be content to never see another Deadpool.

We definitely need and astonishing wolverine for the avengers. I don't mind wolverine. I agree on the Deadpool's 

Maybe the code name mechanic is iron man 2020?

Surprisingly, none of the officially announced figures coming up in the next few months are on my must-have list, although that’s mainly because hasbro has done so well in releasing many wanted figures over the past few years.

i would definitely be down for comic Leader and Mar-vell figures, though.

and I still need to get Doom and Stepford cuckoos from the figures currently out

57 minutes ago, CAC said:

Also, in addition to not making anymore Wolverine figures could we please get a moratorium on Spider Man figures?  I really don't need Spider Man in a Yankees uniform from a 1987 Hostess Twinkies, Major League Baseball and Marvel cross over promotional ad.  

I agree on the Wolverines, but there’s still dozens of Spider characters I still want, from Spider-Verse suits, to villains. I’d also never turn down another Deadpool for the Deadpool shelf. Also, I’d hands down buy Spidey in a Yankees uniform. 

I'm glad that there's only 6 figures in that whole "known" list I'm getting.

Getting to the speculation realm, my guess is that the "Mechanic" exclusive is Mk85 Iron Man with alt pieces. I'm curious about the new vehicles, and Eternals and Venom waves, I'd like to update my Venom but doubt they'll show anything I'd really buy. I'm still on the fence about the Eternals since I know nothing about them, but then again I didn't know anything about GotG and now can't help but buy everything from them. 

I for one would love more Spiders since I love the Spider-verse story line and am also a Waredrobe finisher (as in I have to have all costumes from that character). There is still so many they could do like the Armored, the Slingers (which can be use for new characters), a new Iron Spider etc. Wolverine actually only has a few left if you don't count Alternate Universes. 

But I could do without another DP. I'm sick of the Red and Black costume just with a different pattern and straps. He doesn't even have that many costumes. the only DP I will accept are Kidpool, Championpool, Pandapool BAF and Evil Deadpool.

as for the vehicles, Rektangular reported on a rumour months back that it might be Hawkeye, which could be his skybike. Hope he comes with Pizza dog.

5 minutes ago, tarot said:

you didn't see?

I just saw the computer listing, and their was no names at all just said as one grouping "X-Men Vintage Assortment" and you could pre-order a case, which I did. next time I go by the store I will ask them if they have any names of the figures yet, I figured these are a fair ways off in being released, because another X-Men wave is coming out first (as EB says) and thats AOA I want to say (also no info on BAF yet)

Just now, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just saw the computer listing, and their was no names at all just said as one grouping "X-Men Vintage Assortment" and you could pre-order a case, which I did. next time I go by the store I will ask them if they have any names of the figures yet

cool. it could just be a re-release of the older one though so be careful

Just now, tarot said:

cool. it could just be a re-release of the older one though so be careful

Yeah I wondered that myself, but I have high hopes it is something new, and it's not a worry about the careful part, thankfully my EB has a no money down on pre-orders and a no obligation to buy, so if they call me and say we got the X-Men vintage and it's just a big ole box of the previous wave, I'll say nah

16 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

@JayC I don't know if you want to fix the front article or not. But the Avengers Legends Exclusive “Mechanic” is Hasbro product Number E8710, E8713  is the Walmart exclusive Grey widow.

As for the 2020 Venom and The Eternals wave listings. They're up on Creative Wholesale distributors AU. 

any actual names or just codenames?