Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I for one would love more Spiders since I love the Spider-verse story line and am also a Waredrobe finisher (as in I have to have all costumes from that character). There is still so many they could do like the Armored, the Slingers (which can be use for new characters), a new Iron Spider etc. Wolverine actually only has a few left if you don't count Alternate Universes. 

But I could do without another DP. I'm sick of the Red and Black costume just with a different pattern and straps. He doesn't even have that many costumes. the only DP I will accept are Kidpool, Championpool, Pandapool BAF and Evil Deadpool.

as for the vehicles, Rektangular reported on a rumour months back that it might be Hawkeye, which could be his skybike. Hope he comes with Pizza dog.

If we get a new Hawkeye, I hope they upgrade him to the Grim Reaper mold so that he will be at the proper height. 

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Meh. There's a few more Wolverines I'd like to see, but I'd be content to never see another Deadpool.

Same.  Off the top of my head, I'd love a really battle-ravaged Wolvie with his (brown) uniform is absolute tatters, covered in blood and riddled with bullet-holes.  I'd also pony up for the black & gold Team X uniform and his blue & yellow Danger Room uniform ca. UXM 275, but that last ones true of many of the X-Men.  Spidey's still got a few good ones yet to go as well.  Deadpool is kind of a Deadhorse for me right now.

Well I got More News! One of the fan channel exclusives I was talking about identity has been revealed!

This Comes from panjiva, it's starting to ship out of china and is on the way to the U.S!

E96575L00 DESC MVL VENOM BAF QUANTITY 3438 MVL LEGENDS VENOM

https://panjiva.com/Hasbro-S-A/44674064

Calling @JayC

I'm guessing it's a repaint of the Monster Venom BAF.

1 hour ago, Jtprime17 said:

@JayC I don't know if you want to fix the front article or not. But the Avengers Legends Exclusive “Mechanic” is Hasbro product Number E8710, E8713  is the Walmart exclusive Grey widow.

As for the 2020 Venom and The Eternals wave listings. They're up on Creative Wholesale distributors AU. 

Fixed. Someone on YouTube suggested it might be the Gamestop Hulk, and instead of that being based on the video game it might be Mr. Fixit - Mechanic/Fixit??? Since its hitting ports now and the hulk figure was suggested as being out in Feb I think, it seems logical???

2 hours ago, tarot said:

as for the vehicles, Rektangular reported on a rumour months back that it might be Hawkeye, which could be his skybike. Hope he comes with Pizza dog.

Want.  Also, Black Knight might get a push from The Eternals film hype.  How about a 90s-ish version with leather jacket, energy sword, and atomic steed?  They could certainly use some parts from the previous BK release.

39 minutes ago, JayC said:

Fixed. Someone on YouTube suggested it might be the Gamestop Hulk, and instead of that being based on the video game it might be Mr. Fixit - Mechanic/Fixit??? Since its hitting ports now and the hulk figure was suggested as being out in Feb I think, it seems logical???

I'll look into it to see if I can find more info.  As to more slight info it looks like we can assume following Product numbers are possible fan channel exclusives since Hasbro likes to label related stuff in consecutive numbers.

E9657 is the upcoming Fan Channel "BAF Venom" according to Panjiva.

E9659 "Marvel Legends"

E9637 "Marvel Legends"

E9636 "Marvel Legends"

E9629 "Marvel Legends"

E9627 "Marvel Legends"

Edit- let me clarify, Originally I found 4 listings this would bump it up to 6 total.

43 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

Well I got More News! One of the fan channel exclusives I was talking about identity has been revealed!

This Comes from panjiva, it's starting to ship out of china and is on the way to the U.S!

E96575L00 DESC MVL VENOM BAF QUANTITY 3438 MVL LEGENDS VENOM

https://panjiva.com/Hasbro-S-A/44674064

Calling @JayC

I'm guessing it's a repaint of the Monster Venom BAF.

I'm really interested in this one since I never got the chance to build that figure when it came out. Some of the other figures started getting harder and harder to find, making the baf itself hard to complete

19 minutes ago, JayC said:

something besides Storm?

As I stated when I replied to Tarot in regards to this "X-Men Vintage Assortment" they had no actual individual figures listed at this point, just a pre-order for the case, but next time I talk to the dude, I will see if they have any further info, I don't believe Storm is necessarily part of a wave since she is already being released on her own, who knows at this point.

also almost definite confirmation a new Venom figure is coming out soon, and is a stand alone, not part of the wave, some people also pointed out they heard this, but it was in the EB computers, I ordered it, it may perhaps be a rider figure? or a deluxe (rektangluar hinted at a deluxe, maybe a monster venom re-paint, toxin?, venom the madness?)

next time I get a chance to talk to these dudes, I will of course make sure to find out new info.

So far, from what has been announced & shown, I'll be buying a total of 10 figs & I already have 5 of em so 5 more to go from what's been shown.  I hope that NYTF will show a crap load of long over due classic 70s-80s comic based figures such as Falcon, War Machine, SCIM, Banshee,  Angel in Red/Blue/white costume , T-Bird , 1st app Storm, 1st App Wonderman, Perez Ultron, classic comic based Thanos, Count Nefaria, in scale classic wrecking crew, My Hyde, Doc Samson, more core members of the IG & Squadron Supreme, classic Starjammers, , Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Nimrod,, Blacklash, classic Titanium man & 80s Crimson Dynamo, classic Ironfist & Luke Cage,  just to name a few.

This year it appears so far to be a pretty decent balance of characters I want and ones I can pass on.. better than last year when my Legends collection just about broke me ( ugh my poor wallet/savings account/wife’s patience) 

as always I look forward to new reveals and I can’t help hoping that some long time wants will get their box checked

12 hours ago, CAC said:

Not only do we need a three pack of Hogun and his friends but we also need a comic accurate version of the Big Boss and the Security Guard who sees everything where Hogun and his friends work/live.

Also, in addition to not making anymore Wolverine figures could we please get a moratorium on Spider Man figures?  I really don't need Spider Man in a Yankees uniform from a 1987 Hostess Twinkies, Major League Baseball and Marvel cross over promotional ad.  

I TOTALLY need that Spider-Man...

I dont get it?! Cant people open their eyes? These are figures that have been made time and time again by Toybiz AND Hasbro already! They're either making the same characters over and over again or have already been made 2,3 xs already!  I'm tired of this! I want to see other characters. Theres been a hundred Avenger members in MC history. How many Irommen, Ghost Rider on his flippin motorcycle, Vultures, freakin' demi/Hobgoblins, venoms, Wolverines, and deadpooles  do we need?!!! AOA figs...again?! Once was enough guys!  How bout a wave of characters featuring their classic looks like Wonderman&XMMimic?Attuma? Krang?MarvComics Zues BAF? Crymson Dynamo,Titanium man?Finish the Inhumans, Karnak, Gorgon, Crystal, Triton w/Lockjaw BAF?A better version Original Xmen wave?Comic versions of Mantis, Swordsman, Moondragon? Kang the conqueror, Go back and redo/resculpt some MCU figs like Avengers Cap&Thor from 1st movie w/ better sculpts?! How bout a MC civilian wave of SHs...Steve Roger's, Bruce Banner, Donald Blake...I can go on and on! I get it ...these might not sell as well as 20 diff variations of ironman or wolvie but switch it up a little already!

3 hours ago, Jmo said:

I dont get it?! Cant people open their eyes? These are figures that have been made time and time again by Toybiz AND Hasbro already! They're either making the same characters over and over again or have already been made 2,3 xs already!  I'm tired of this! I want to see other characters. Theres been a hundred Avenger members in MC history. How many Irommen, Ghost Rider on his flippin motorcycle, Vultures, freakin' demi/Hobgoblins, venoms, Wolverines, and deadpooles  do we need?!!! AOA figs...again?! Once was enough guys!  How bout a wave of characters featuring their classic looks like Wonderman&XMMimic?Attuma? Krang?MarvComics Zues BAF? Crymson Dynamo,Titanium man?Finish the Inhumans, Karnak, Gorgon, Crystal, Triton w/Lockjaw BAF?A better version Original Xmen wave?Comic versions of Mantis, Swordsman, Moondragon? Kang the conqueror, Go back and redo/resculpt some MCU figs like Avengers Cap&Thor from 1st movie w/ better sculpts?! How bout a MC civilian wave of SHs...Steve Roger's, Bruce Banner, Donald Blake...I can go on and on! I get it ...these might not sell as well as 20 diff variations of ironman or wolvie but switch it up a little already!

I'd like a lot of the figures you mention but have resigned myself to the fact that we're hitting peak 90s nostalgia now , so that and 'modern' looks are the focus of the line.  Glad for folks that dig those looks, and its easier on my wallet since i generally can't justify the expense of all the figures i'd like to get anyhow. I suppose if AoA figure sales tanks they could change the direction of the line a bit but i dunno and its not something i root for anyhow.

Also, it feels like something thats been addressed many times before, but sales of the A-listers/more popular characters, along with the BAF concept, seem to be what makes it viable for Hasbro to produce B and C-listers in the 1st place. So even though i don't really need any more wolverine, deadpools, iron man, etc. i'm not going to complain about it too much.  Notice that McFarlane's new DC line isn't making Hourman or Zatanna, its very Bat-heavy with some Superman and tv-related figs.  Although i do appreciate that multiverse is FINALLY making a classic Superman (and classic-ish Batman), even if they are not in my preferred scale.

I don't think stuff that Toybiz made really counts as many collectors weren't collecting back then, and would prefer a hasbro version of the characters so that the aesthetic & articulation matches better with other hasbro figs. Not to mention getting the toybiz figs on ebay can be pricey and the condition can be rough, either in terms of loose joints or paint chipping/discoloration.  Don't most people prefer the hasbro version of a character to the toybiz version?  i'm sure there are a few exceptions (and of course BAFs).

I think the disastrous Inhuman tv series caused hasbro to shelve any plans for more figures of the characters.  Plus Medusa was a huge peg warmer and black bolt hung around and was at clearance prices for awhile too.

In the meantime, pretty happy we are getting at least some pretty much classic looks for characters like Vulture, Shang-Chi, Doom, and White Rabbit.  Hopefully the rumoured leader and mar-vell figures will have more or less classic looks to them as well.

"Mechanic" = Iron Man 2020?  Seems like a pretty obvious choice to both make this year and a very suitable pick for a Fan Channel exclusive over a general release since it's a pretty niche variation.  He got a Marvel Universe fig so he's definitely on Hasbro's radar.

As for the "stop making the same characters" debate I think most folks here have already explained it pretty well, but I'd add that all it would take is two or three waves of B/C/D-listers pegwarming for this line to end altogether.  Bluntly, "classic comic characters" often don't seem to sell as well (with the occasional X-ception). 

5 hours ago, Jmo said:

I feel like they're striking a decent balance right now of resculpts, new costumes, and new characters, though I admit I don't pay much attention to non-X-Men stuff. Even with your list, you complained about a lack of new characters, but then went on to list specific costumes you wanted from characters they've already done, and even straight resculpts. That tells me it's not the formula you don't like, just their particular choices.

Personally, I start my collection in 2014 with the introduction of the Infinite Series, so if something is a resculpt of a figure made before then, it's brand new for me, and I doubt I'm alone. Quality and consistency stepped up a whole lot at that point, and it essentially became a whole new line. Would I have preferred a standard X-Men wave to Age of Apocalypse this year? Absolutely, but 1) all the AoA figures are brand new, never-before-released characters for the Infinite series, 2) most of them are just flat-out new to everyone, because they're different character choices than Toy Biz made, and 3) they did a decent job choosing characters that cross over with 616, to appease buyers less interested in alternate realities, with Sunfire having sported that look as a 616 horseman, Nate and Beast having been longtime 616 refugees after the original storyline, and Morph having been on the Exiles in that costume.

17 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Want.  Also, Black Knight might get a push from The Eternals film hype.  How about a 90s-ish version with leather jacket, energy sword, and atomic steed?  They could certainly use some parts from the previous BK release.

I'd be down for some atomic steeds.  Though as far as Black Knight goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Riders series branch into Horses (with slots for wings)  sometime soon, and there are a few different characters they could get some mileage out of with those:  Valkyrie (Classic Brunnhilde, Modern Foster, Dani Moonstar), Black Knight (Heroes for Hire redux, Garrett, or even classic repaint), a re-release of Dreadknight with Hellhorse, Phantom Rider, and probably others I'm not thinking of right now.  Some would probably be better suited to fan-channel exclusives and such, but still, I think they could get a lot of mileage out of a horse mold. 

Of course, that's assuming the Riders series continues.

8 hours ago, Jmo said:

Popular characters sell, it is simple as that; just because we don't want another DP, isn't going to stop Hasbro from making another, because they know it will sell. Also for the most part Hasbro at least try to make them different with costumes changes or updating a character's toy. Also people may have missed out on one version of a character, so at least it gives people a chance to get a version of the character. Also Hasbro are doing more new characters.