Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

10 hours ago, Jmo said:

I dont get it?! Cant people open their eyes?.....Once was enough guys!  How bout a wave of characters featuring their classic looks like Wonderman&XMMimic?Attuma? Krang?MarvComics Zues BAF? Crymson Dynamo,Titanium man?Finish the Inhumans, Karnak, Gorgon, Crystal, Triton w/Lockjaw BAF?A better version Original Xmen wave?Comic versions of Mantis, Swordsman, Moondragon? Kang the conqueror...

You'll get no argument from most of the people on this forum. We've all asked for the same figures you just did, also a moratorium on endless versions of Wolverine, Deadest Pool, etc. Fact is they need (or think they do) some of these to anchor a wave.

With the surprise announcement of the box set Alpha Flight, we may see the possibility of an Inhumans 3-4 pack, with Lockjaw BAF. I myself have pleaded for that one. Original armor Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man BAF are a must, and most likely WILL see production in the next year or so.

There are so many characters in the Marvel stable, and as you pointed out, some of the legends already done need a re-do. In fact this is how Hasbro makes money off the same figure. They gave us a Human Torch yes, but he has a yellow head and the body buck is pretty big. Just released was the Torch in his "flame-offed" with a body buck that is more in line with where he should be; only a matter of time before we get the correct version. And a "negative", future foundation, etc. And don't forget, the Original Human Torch. Theyre gonna make a way to distinguish him from Johnny, you watch.

I also proposed a box set of Golden Age heroes- Cap with his triangular shield, Sub-Mariner with the squinty eyes, Original Torch, Bucky, Toro, Original Vision and Red Raven. They could do another set with Blazing Skull, Warrior Woman, Baron Blood, Destroyer, Whizzer....all kinds of possibilities.

And we just know Hasbro owes us three figures of Wonder Man! Original Green/ Red, Safari Jacket, Ionic purple. Translucent Invisible Woman, Equinox, classic Vision, 70s Sub-Mariner, Red Wolf, yeah we can go on and on. A lot of us share your frustration. The best we can do at this point is just buy the figures you want, and be patient for the ones yet to come.

I have collected Marvel Legends since day one Toy Biz there will always be a debate on what they should make and what they do make. With Disney Plus out there with all the cartoons from the 90's plus Hasbro Plus they will Tap different characters we will just have to pay more for them. Some will remember Toyfair  magazine exclusive.  They can go that with Hasbro Plus let us vote on who and what version we want to see.

So I have gotten word that the plan is to release 1 (specilty/Fan Channel) figure per month minimum, with more surrounding SDCC and probably NYTF. Some we know about like the Storm figure this month, most we dont or only have a general idea of. That of course doesn't count regular waves and such.

24 minutes ago, JayC said:

So I have gotten word that the plan is to release 1 (specilty/Fan Channel) figure per month minimum, with more surrounding SDCC and probably NYTF. Some we know about like the Storm figure this month, most we dont or only have a general idea of. That of course doesn't count regular waves and such.

Seems a bit excessive, one every two months would be better at least with Fan Cheannel you don't have to but them unless you want to

Rumors that seem very likely recently announced 

Wal-Greens Exclusive Iron Man 2020, Wal-Greens Exclusive Moon Knight, Venomized Cap (this may be the new Venom coming out!, and I'd say it might be a rider), and Iron Man Silver Centurian

I don’t care that Hasbro repaints figures.  I don’t care that they take existing molds and alter them slightly.  But Jesus how many how many Wolverine, Spider Man and Iron Man variations can we possibly get?  2099 Iron Man, Silver Centurion Iron Man and Space Armor (aren’t all Iron Man armors actually space armor?). Now it looks like we will be getting 15 versions of Beast (who is not even a top 5 X-Men character)? 
Thor is a major player!  He’s one of the Avengers holy trinity.  So why is Hasbro so opposed to making Thor and Thor characters?  Take the Alex Ross Thor and give me as many Thor’s as Iron Man and Wolverines.  I was Simmonson’s armored Thor, I want this new Galactus Herald Thor, I want Gold arm Thor, I want a redo of the Straczynski’s Modern Thor, I want that same costume but sleeveless like the 12” figure that came out a couple of years back. I want fur lined cape Nordic Thor from the “For Asgard” story, I want black and white socks from Esad Ribic in Blood Brothers, I want a redo of Thor God of Thunder!  I want Thor to get a fraction of the love that Iron Man and Captain America get.  Also, for the love of God we got an Alpha Flight box set and we can’t get the Warriors Three (comic version)?  We got a bunny rabbit girl who has appeared in what, 1 issue of Spider Man, but no Heimdall?  There is about to be a Spy Master warming the hell out of pegs all over the world but I don’t have a decent Odin?  There are Steppford Cukoos (WTF ever those are) and I don’t have a Balder?  We got a Caliban BAF....Caliban, but I don’t have Surtur, Kurse, Mangog, Executioner or Destroyer Armor?  Sweet Jesus in Heaven we are getting a Chipmunk girl on a Vespa (Ollie’s and Big Lots here she comes when Hasbro can’t sell more than 100 of that one) and I can’t get The Real Valkyrie on her horse?  By the end of this year we will have more costume variants of Storm than Asgardians!

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Rumors that seem very likely recently announced 

Wal-Greens Exclusive Iron Man 2020, Wal-Greens Exclusive Moon Knight, Venomized Cap (this may be the new Venom coming out!, and I'd say it might be a rider), and Iron Man Silver Centurian

Not happy with either Iron Man 2020 or Silver Centurion being exclusives

57 minutes ago, CAC said:

I don’t care that Hasbro repaints figures.  I don’t care that they take existing molds and alter them slightly.  But Jesus how many how many Wolverine, Spider Man and Iron Man variations can we possibly get?  2099 Iron Man, Silver Centurion Iron Man and Space Armor (aren’t all Iron Man armors actually space armor?). Now it looks like we will be getting 15 versions of Beast (who is not even a top 5 X-Men character)? 
Thor is a major player!  He’s one of the Avengers holy trinity.  So why is Hasbro so opposed to making Thor and Thor characters?  Take the Alex Ross Thor and give me as many Thor’s as Iron Man and Wolverines.  I was Simmonson’s armored Thor, I want this new Galactus Herald Thor, I want Gold arm Thor, I want a redo of the Straczynski’s Modern Thor, I want that same costume but sleeveless like the 12” figure that came out a couple of years back. I want fur lined cape Nordic Thor from the “For Asgard” story, I want black and white socks from Esad Ribic in Blood Brothers, I want a redo of Thor God of Thunder!  I want Thor to get a fraction of the love that Iron Man and Captain America get.  Also, for the love of God we got an Alpha Flight box set and we can’t get the Warriors Three (comic version)?  We got a bunny rabbit girl who has appeared in what, 1 issue of Spider Man, but no Heimdall?  There is about to be a Spy Master warming the hell out of pegs all over the world but I don’t have a decent Odin?  There are Steppford Cukoos (WTF ever those are) and I don’t have a Balder?  We got a Caliban BAF....Caliban, but I don’t have Surtur, Kurse, Mangog, Executioner or Destroyer Armor?  Sweet Jesus in Heaven we are getting a Chipmunk girl on a Vespa (Ollie’s and Big Lots here she comes when Hasbro can’t sell more than 100 of that one) and I can’t get The Real Valkyrie on her horse?  By the end of this year we will have more costume variants of Storm than Asgardians!

The Asgardians have been poorly treated and it would be great to see more done. Sadly for Thor he doesn't have as many iconic alternate looks as Spidey or Iron Man and Wolverine. Alsojust because you aren't happy that White Rabbit, the Stepford Cuckoos and Squirrel Girl got figures doesn't mean everyone is.

Marvel Legends Monster Venom BAF Repaint Figure Revealed

If you been following things on our message boards, then you had a pretty good idea that this figure was coming thanks to JTPrime, and now and image has surfaced on social media confirming that Hasbro will be releasing a repainted version of their Monster Venom Build-A-Figure in it's own packaging.

While not 100% confirmed this is likely being released as another "Fan-Channel" exclusive and likely will be going up for pre-order soon. Thanks to Tarot on the heads up for the image.

Fan-Channel-Venom.jpg

6 hours ago, CAC said:

More Asgardians would be great.  In recent years they've done a lot of Thor characters but Heimdall, Warriors Three, and more alternate looks for the son of Odin would be cool.   I don't agree with the the complaints about the other figures at all.

By my reckoning, we've gotten classic Thor, classic Loki, Odin, Lady Sif, Beta Ray Bill, Malekith, Enchantress, Valkyrie, Ulik, Angela and Bor.  Plus Jane Foster Thor, unworthy Thor, young thor, allfather thor, and Stracynski Modern Thor... as well as Lady Loki (i'm pretty sure that's more than the 3 storm figures that have been made)   You being unhappy with some of hasbro's efforts doesn't negate the fact that the characters got a figure. And then there are other villains who first appeared in Thor like Grey Gargoyle, King Cobra and Absorbing Man. And all the mcu figs.

if you include the mcu figs, Thor has gotten at least one figure a year for the past few years.  Even ignoring mcu, he's gotten a decent amount of love from hasbro, with the 80th version being the one figure we were all especially waiting for.  But of course more would be welcome.

As far as Destroyer goes, i'd recommend the marvel select version, its great and probably bigger than a BAF version would be.

58 minutes ago, JayC said:

If you been following things on our message boards, then you had a pretty good idea that this figure was coming thanks to JTPrime, and now and image has surfaced on social media confirming that Hasbro will be releasing a repainted version of their Monster Venom Build-A-Figure in it's own packaging.

While not 100% confirmed this is likely being released as another "Fan-Channel" exclusive and likely will be going up for pre-order soon. Thanks to Tarot on the heads up for the image.

Fan-Channel-Venom.jpg

Nice for folks who didn't build this guy back when the venom wave came out, although based just on this pic i would say i like the paint on the BAF better.  Guess they'll probably look charge $30-35 for this guy? not sure although based on hulk maybe they could charge $40

27 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Nice for folks who didn't build this guy back when the venom wave came out, although based just on this pic i would say i like the paint on the BAF better.  Guess they'll probably look charge $30-35 for this guy? not sure although based on hulk maybe they could charge $40

You better bet it's gonna have another Hulk sized price point, and to be honest, I'm gonna buy it and be begging for more. Seriously Hasbro, give Sasquatch another inch in height, throw that beeyatch in a box, and you will have my money and many other's manana, and you'll be swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

Unfortunately this is just another case of Hasbro catering to the very minor group of whiners. People whined that the BAF the last time wasn't in his classic form (even though the classic was in the wave) so Hasbro made this one for them. It may seem like I'm complaining but these Fan Channel Variant are actually a great way to get variant of figure that should have been released alongside the regular figure but couldn't though to things like distribution or lack of interest. I would love for them to continue this. For example, give us an X-Force Nightcrawler, using the exact same Wendigo wave one with the angry head.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Fan-Channel-Venom.jpg

I'm very excited about this figure and the prospect of one fan channel exclusive per month. I think it's a great way to get older BAF's into collector's hands and other repainted figures. 

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

You better bet it's gonna have another Hulk sized price point, and to be honest, I'm gonna buy it and be begging for more. Seriously Hasbro, give Sasquatch another inch in height, throw that beeyatch in a box, and you will have my money and many other's manana, and you'll be swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

Yeah, i have no problem with rereleasing a large BAF for $40, just seemed like Giant Man was cheaper.  I hope they re-release BAF Kingpin and Rhino in a similar manner although i suppose hasbro might go the 2-pack route for those (most likely with Spidey altho a Kingpin-daredevil 2-pack would make sense too). With Sasquatch, might make sense to do a 2-pack as well but i'm not sure who you pack him with. A wolverine? Hulk? a missing Alpha Flight member like Marrina?

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Unfortunately this is just another case of Hasbro catering to the very minor group of whiners. People whined that the BAF the last time wasn't in his classic form (even though the classic was in the wave) so Hasbro made this one for them. It may seem like I'm complaining but these Fan Channel Variant are actually a great way to get variant of figure that should have been released alongside the regular figure but couldn't though to things like distribution or lack of interest. I would love for them to continue this. For example, give us an X-Force Nightcrawler, using the exact same Wendigo wave one with the angry head.

I definitely like the idea of re-releasing large BAFs.  And agree overall, fan channels are a great venue for providing variants that others will feel free to skip. I think this Venom figure will be a big hit tbh

8 hours ago, CAC said:

Also, for the love of God we got an Alpha Flight box set and we can’t get the Warriors Three (comic version)?  We got a bunny rabbit girl who has appeared in what, 1 issue of Spider Man, but no Heimdall?  There is about to be a Spy Master warming the hell out of pegs all over the world but I don’t have a decent Odin?  There are Steppford Cukoos (WTF ever those are) and I don’t have a Balder?  We got a Caliban BAF....Caliban, but I don’t have Surtur, Kurse, Mangog, Executioner or Destroyer Armor?  Sweet Jesus in Heaven we are getting a Chipmunk girl on a Vespa (Ollie’s and Big Lots here she comes when Hasbro can’t sell more than 100 of that one) and I can’t get The Real Valkyrie on her horse?  By the end of this year we will have more costume variants of Storm than Asgardians!

Thor is a very popular Avenger, but the Asgardian Thor-related stuff is just nowhere near the popularity level of Spider-Man, X-Men, or the Avengers, and a lot of this is just your perspective as a Thor fan. As an X-Men fan, your dismissals and assertions fail to land entirely. I have read dozens and dozens of great stories with Caliban and the Stepford Cuckoos, and I have no idea who Balder, Kurse, Mangog, or Surtur are. Storm is one of the biggest players in one of the biggest franchises Marvel has, and she got no love for years, with a figure of a modern look in 2014 and a relatively obscure look in 2018 being all that led up one of her iconic looks showing up last year. I'm not saying your Asgardians don't deserve some love, but what? Put this all in perspective. Squirrel Girl has a huge cult following. For most people, the characters you mentioned are background characters in the solo stories of one of their favourite Avengers, which doesn't mean they're not great, important characters. They're just not on the same scale. But hey, Spymaster says their time will come.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Unfortunately this is just another case of Hasbro catering to the very minor group of whiners. People whined that the BAF the last time wasn't in his classic form (even though the classic was in the wave) so Hasbro made this one for them.

Yeeeeah.....kinda, if you wanna look at it that way. I prefer to look at it as an easy way to correct some mistakes they made with the BAF's in the past. We all know they are less likely to "redo" BAFs than standard figs. As it is it's like pulling teeth to get them to do redo's of some older figures or to even admit there was a problem with the first ones. A higher price point and a fandom that would be mostly willing to pay that price to get a "correct" version of a character they love is just the right amount of incentive for Hasbro to keep doing them, and the incentive for us fans to keep pushing for more. Hell, correct Sasquatch's height (my personal crusade), scale down Sandman, scale up Abomination, completely erase the existence of Caliban, redo US Agent on the Reaper or Odinson buck, redo powered up Johnny Storm on the Sunfire buck, redo white suite Emma Frost (with boobs this time), do some figures (any damn figure) using the abandoned Moonstone buck, redo a the Blob Series She-Hulk on the new (She) Hulk buck, help Cannonball learn to walk again, and do it all through Fan Channel. The sky is the limit. They can slap a "13+" sticker on the damn box to keep the toy isle activists of their ayasses and do whatever they want. The Fan Channel is literally named for the concept of building a channel for us fans to get to some of those figures that might not otherwise make it to mass retail.  Also, this could be a way for Hasbro to do figures like Tigra and Goblin Queen in a toned down fashion for the main line, and then repaint them in their more "risque" fashions and release them (maybe even simultaneously) through Fan Channel vendors. It's actually quite brilliant on the ML team's part and that's why it's important to stop viewing this as a "Whiner's Line" and support the damn thing. It's easy to be very critical of a venture like this.......until they do something you like, and eventually they will. Even I can see the value in that, and I'm the biggest ML critic I know.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah, i have no problem with rereleasing a large BAF for $40, just seemed like Giant Man was cheaper.  I hope they re-release BAF Kingpin and Rhino in a similar manner although i suppose hasbro might go the 2-pack route for those (most likely with Spidey altho a Kingpin-daredevil 2-pack would make sense too). With Sasquatch, might make sense to do a 2-pack as well but i'm not sure who you pack him with. A wolverine? Hulk? a missing Alpha Flight member like Marrina?

I don’t care enough about Sasquatch to need a better version of him, but I’d love a new Rhino with a better head, and a Kingpin in his black suit. I also feel that hasbro could redo Mantis, Okoye and M’Baku, and probably make a ton of money from them, considering people are paying $60-$80 for them.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Thor is a very popular Avenger, but the Asgardian Thor-related stuff is just nowhere near the popularity level of Spider-Man, X-Men, or the Avengers, and a lot of this is just your perspective as a Thor fan. As an X-Men fan, your dismissals and assertions fail to land entirely. I have read dozens and dozens of great stories with Caliban and the Stepford Cuckoos, and I have no idea who Balder, Kurse, Mangog, or Surtur are. Storm is one of the biggest players in one of the biggest franchises Marvel has, and she got no love for years, with a figure of a modern look in 2014 and a relatively obscure look in 2018 being all that led up one of her iconic looks showing up last year. I'm not saying your Asgardians don't deserve some love, but what? Put this all in perspective. Squirrel Girl has a huge cult following. For most people, the characters you mentioned are background characters in the solo stories of one of their favourite Avengers, which doesn't mean they're not great, important characters. They're just not on the same scale. But hey, Spymaster says their time will come.

So I read many different Marvel titles.  I can assure you that Odin, Heimdall and Balder are far more important to Thor (one of the longest running and most successful Marvel titles ever) than Caliban or the Cuckoos are to X-Men.  As a Marvel fan and reader I feel that your dismissals and assertions fail to land.  Caliban and the Cuckoos are literally background characters and I can speak to that because I know who they are, unlike you who does not seem to have a grasp of Marvel outside of your preferred titles (and probably only since the last 20 years).  Marvel existed long before the 90s cartoons, I promise you.

Also, what does “Cult” following mean exactly?  Squirrel Girl, Kamala Khan, America Chavez- they all have these elusive “cult” followings.  Yet their titles are cancelled and rebooted over and over again. I’ll tell you what it means, it means their books and figures don’t sell but for other reasons we have to continue to include them. 

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

The Asgardians have been poorly treated and it would be great to see more done. Sadly for Thor he doesn't have as many iconic alternate looks as Spidey or Iron Man and Wolverine. Alsojust because you aren't happy that White Rabbit, the Stepford Cuckoos and Squirrel Girl got figures doesn't mean everyone is.

So are we considering 34 different Spider Man Video game costumes Iconic?  What about every time a bad guy becomes the good guy but only slightly alters the appearance of the hero’s costume and changes the color scheme to match their own costume (Doc Ock Spider Man or Dr.Doom Iron Man) is that iconic?  Was their a massive out cry for last year’s Wolverine where he looked like a 40 year old divorcee going to a Dixie Chicks concert with some gal pals from work?  Was that Country Music Chic Wolverine the iconic look that everyone needed to really pull their Legends displays together? 
I just feel like we may be a little overboard on some of these at this point.