Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

Some more details i've received from reliable sources:

There's a retro-carded Beast coming in June, presumably the rumored gray Beast. Also, presumably the random X-Men figure available to preorder from EB Games in Canada.

Avengers video game wave is in April.

Age of Apocalypse wave is in May.

Deadpool wave is in August.

There's a Venom wave coming in October.

Keep in mind these are approximate release timeframes.

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

There's a retro-carded Beast coming in June, presumably the rumored gray Beast. Also, presumably the random X-Men figure available to preorder from EB Games in Canada.

Oh it's spread out a bit. I'm going to assume that Morbius will be combine with Venom this time so less Venom like figure but we better get shriek and at less one of the Life Foundation symbiote, probably Agony to give us a second female and easy repaint.

I am assuming that since the avengers game was supposed to be out in April Hasbro couldn't hold back the wave. Although it would explain why they are thinking of a second wave.

Also for those wondering, the Deadpool wave is the Strong guy wave.

8 hours ago, JayC said:

Hopefully the Venom wave will be  better than the first wave (which wouldn't be hard). At least they are trying to spread them out, which they probably won't actually happen.

15 hours ago, tarot said:

Oh it's spread out a bit. I'm going to assume that Morbius will be combine with Venom this time so less Venom like figure but we better get shriek and at less one of the Life Foundation symbiote, probably Agony to give us a second female and easy repaint.

Given that they usually give us 2 Spider-Man waves a year, I’d assume they’d actually throw Morbius figures in the second 2020 Spider-Man Wave, rather than the venom wave. That would fit the timeframe better too, given that Morbius is due out in July and Spider-Man waves usually hit during the summer. Venom doesn’t hit until later this year, which lines up with the wave release date. That wave will probably have movie Venom and Carnage, then some comic figures. 

Luckily none of these figures are on my must-have list so my wallet should be OK for now.  of course i may well change my mind when i see some of them at my local stores.

Seems weird that the videogame Avengers wave is supposed to come out in march but we haven't seen any pics yet, i guess they're waiting for Toyfair for big reveals. If they set up an endcap for this wave at either WM or Target i wouldn't be surprised if endgame wave 3 also shows up on those, since they didn't seem to ever make it onto shelves at the big retailers.

The only one i'm currently hunting is the Stepford Cuckoo, but since i haven't seen any listings from scalpers on ebay near my area, i assume they just haven't hit locally yet.  Usually i end up getting WG exclusives thru their website before they show up around here, anyhow.

2 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

Given that they usually give us 2 Spider-Man waves a year, I’d assume they’d actually throw Morbius figures in the second 2020 Spider-Man Wave, rather than the venom wave. That would fit the timeframe better too, given that Morbius is due out in July and Spider-Man waves usually hit during the summer. Venom doesn’t hit until later this year, which lines up with the wave release date. That wave will probably have movie Venom and Carnage, then some comic figures. 

Venom and morbius are both part of that whole spiderman cinematic universe that sony are trying to push. It make more sense to put him in a venom wave.

I had been hoping for some news regarding Rektangular 's previous intel on a potential FoX-Men 5 pack including Deadpool, Wolverine/Logan, and some version of Prof X, Mystique and Magneto. I am hopeful for young versions from  DoFP, but with alternate heads to accomodate the older versions of the last three.

Also am still optimistic that we will see something more to cover the significant Hasbro gaps regarding Endgame, particularly hoping for a final wave with unmasked/battled damaged Stark/Iron Man, Broken Shield and bloodied Cap, Hulk in suit with swappable right arms for more and post snap, a final battle Ronin/Hawkeye and of course Viking Thor, a death scene Natasha, and of course another Thanos BAF try with the damage to armor, the nano gauntlet, and a couple heads.

Alternatively I'll take the Iron Man, Thor and Thanos in a 3 pack!

yeah I am curious what we are going to see next, from what I've heard Stan Lee should be coming sooner than we think (May was his original release month) but I think it's going to be the beginning of March or earlier , in fact I think all of the above figures pictured should be popping up pretty soon since most sites say March 1st release dates, lets see sometime next week we should start seeing them in select areas.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Some of the members of the newest Agents of Atlas would be cool as well as the older team members. Plus we could use this version of Giant Man, but bigger than the MCU version. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hasbro could really cash in if they ever make a modern comic Giant-Man BAF by including two heads. One Hank Pym and the other Raz Malhotra.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

Hasbro could really cash in if they even make a modern comic Giant-Man BAF by including two heads. One Hank Pym and the other Raz Malhotra.

And could be a template for Goliath(s), Atlas, Yellowjacket, Ant-Man etc... 

My wallet is not ready but I would love to have that Crimson Dynamo BAF. Maybe if I time it right I can catch Wallmart lowering the price of certain figures over the weekends and collect them all that way. But I cant reconcile full freight on the whole haul. Whoever said that life was like a bowl of cherries didn't have to keep the bowl full.

17 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

As an X-men fan I want less Retro carded lines. They're priced about the same as the regular waves but don't come with the BAF. Most Walmarts, Toys R USs, EBs up here are swimming with every single figure from that wave (save for white-costumed Storm) it's embarrassing.

To be fair, these one-off fan channel releases don't have BAFs, regardless of how they're packaged. So, first-appearance Deadpool, the new black-costume Storm, and whatever the new Beast is wouldn't have come with BAF parts even if they had come in standard packaging. It was definitely a bummer with the retro wave, though. We could have Nimrod already.

23 minutes ago, Benn said:

To be fair, these one-off fan channel releases don't have BAFs, regardless of how they're packaged. So, first-appearance Deadpool, the new black-costume Storm, and whatever the new Beast is wouldn't have come with BAF parts even if they had come in standard packaging. It was definitely a bummer with the retro wave, though.

But they probably would've come with a bit more extras than just two swords, two lightning bolts.

Is it too much to ask for an extra smiling face BLUE head for Grey Beast to go along with the regular release?

(Glass half-full though, most of that Retro wave is under $10 now on Amazon.)

We could have Nimrod already.

To add insult to injury I had to buy 3 Deadpools to build Sauron (I still can't get myself to pay full price for X-23/Wolverine) and it'll look like I would have to buy 1, 2 maybe even 3 Deadpools to build Strong Guy. Please Hasbro stop giving DP the better BAF selections...

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

As an X-men fan I want less Retro carded lines. They're priced about the same as the regular waves but don't come with the BAF. Most Walmarts, Toys R USs, EBs up here are swimming with every single figure from that wave (save for white-costumed Storm) it's embarrassing.

I love the packaging but they shouldn't be priced the same. The recent Europe exclusive wave of ML, have not BAF parts and in some cases less accessories than the standard release but are at least €10 cheaper. It feels like we are paying for just the extra packaging

21 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

The 2020 X-Men wave is starting to arrive in port in the U.S (arrived on February 5th to be exact), So expect those to pop up some where soon in the coming month hopefully.

https://panjiva.com/Hasbro-Inc-One-Hasbro-Place/45324291

E73495L00 8 PCS. MVL XMEN LEGENDS AST

The Aoa wave I presume. Probably go up for preorder on the day of Toyfair like always.