Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

Ok just watched Rektangular's Recent video. I appreciate what he does, but he made quite a few errors in this one. So hopefully this clears some things up

The Captain Marvel wave he list form Everest wholesale is the wave from last year.

The Spiderman movie 2 pack he list from Everest Wholesale is the homecoming Ironman and Peter 2 pack.

The Retro Card Assortment he list from Everest Wholesale is the wave 1 X-Men vintage wave from last year.

The "generic wave" he list from Everest Wholesale is the X-force wave from last year.

You can tell by the Hasbro Product numbers.

2 hours ago, Jtprime17 said:

Ok just watched Rektangular's Recent video. I appreciate what he does, but he made quite a few errors in this one. So hopefully this clears some things up

The Captain Marvel wave he list form Everest wholesale is the wave from last year.

The Spiderman movie 2 pack he list from Everest Wholesale is the homecoming Ironman and Peter 2 pack.

The Retro Card Assortment he list from Everest Wholesale is the wave 1 X-Men vintage wave from last year.

The "generic wave" he list from Everest Wholesale is the X-force wave from last year.

You can tell by the Hasbro Product numbers.

So basically no new figures coming to Everest wholesale. 

While I don’t believe in basically all the comic characters from the Avengers game wave, except maybe Mach 1 and Rage just because Hasbro might be building those teams now. Figures I do believe in are the Walgreens figures, but what I’m most concerned about is the Venom Captain America. I loved Venomverse and Venomized was a good follow up, plus the Poison designs were pretty much all awesome. The part that worries me is that instead of the great looking Venomverse Cap, we’ll be getting Maximum Venom Cap, who just looks like Cap with a glob of Venom goop thrown at him.

04D72491-FBAF-4AAC-AA2F-730F08F7F4A9.png

11 hours ago, JayC said:

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

As much as I like Venomverse and Venomized, I don’t think making that be the whole wave would be smart. I personally still want them, but not an over abundance.

6 hours ago, tarot said:

I agree. Having a full Venomized wave wouldn't be a great idea, from a fan view as well as marketing. It's better to spread the figure out over multiple waves and Exclusives, like they did with the Spider-verse/geddon.

Yeah, I would prefer proper characters, rather just lazy Venomised version of Marvel characters. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, JayC said:

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

I could see that, especially since they could get by with at least some re-use of parts.  Depends on whether they want to have the characters have that "hunched over" venom look (almost humpbacked) akin to Monster venom, or just the ordinary buff look that the regular venom figure has.  Even if they went the hunchback route it seems like they could make one torso and re-use it for a couple of characters in the wave, with different paint jobs.

Focus on characters that people have shown willingness to buy multiple variants of, and the wave could be pretty successful. I'm thinking Wolverine, Deadpool,  Cap.

Who would people most like to see Venomized?   

Rekt has looked into some rumoured listing that have been hoping around the internet for a bit include what looks to be the codenames of what I think are the Venom wave.

If you don't want to watch the video, he found out that there might be a Vintage Spider-man wave. The rumored Listing has the wave consist of:

• Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

He also found a listing for another Spider-man wave that he and I believe is actually the Venom wave since that line is a branch of the Spidey subline. All the characters are codenamed off of the Characters from saved by the bell but one name is obvious hinting at Shriek. I'll let you guess which one.

• Zack
  • Slather
  • Kelly
  • Kimberly
  • Jessie
  • Screech

Again all rumors and nothing confirmed.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, JayC said:

Personally I'd think it's more likely we get a bunch of fan-channel exclusives that are "venomized" characters alongside a more traditional mainline wave.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Rekt has looked into some rumoured listing that have been hoping around the internet for a bit include what looks to be the codenames of what I think are the Venom wave.

If you don't want to watch the video, he found out that there might be a Vintage Spider-man wave. The rumored Listing has the wave consist of:

• Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

He also found a listing for another Spider-man wave that he and I believe is actually the Venom wave since that line is a branch of the Spidey subline. All the characters are codenamed off of the Characters from saved by the bell but one name is obvious hinting at Shriek. I'll let you guess which one.

• Zack
  • Slather
  • Kelly
  • Kimberly
  • Jessie
  • Screech

Again all rumors and nothing confirmed.

Rekt just confirmed that the second listing of the SBTB character is actually the codenames for the Demogoblin wave so you can ignore that.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

• Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

Not interested in another classic Spidey or Green Goblin, Peter and Gwen wouldn't be too bad. Don't have have DD so might be good and Electro could do with a re-release/retool especially with interchangeable hands. Also I wonder wnat packaging they would use, maybe the 90's cartoon toyline packaging?

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

Not interested in another classic Spidey or Green Goblin, Peter and Gwen wouldn't be too bad. Don't have have DD so might be good and Electro could do with a re-release/retool especially with interchangeable hands. Also I wonder wnat packaging they would use, maybe the 90's cartoon toyline packaging?

Depends on if they do the much requested Ditko Spidey, something visually distinct could make another Spider-Man stand out.

as for the rest, I am all in on Peter Parker. Make him with two or three artist specific heads and Hasbro could print money. 

Daredevil depends on which version. We have all the main looks except armored but thus bring a retro line would they use this look? ToyBiz DID do an armored repaint back in the 5" days so it could be and I would buy two if so. Love armored DD

Gwen, Goblin and Electo are wait and see. Would they do two civilians in a wave? Peter and Gwen? 

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

Depends on if they do the much requested Ditko Spidey, something visually distinct could make another Spider-Man stand out.

as for the rest, I am all in on Peter Parker. Make him with two or three artist specific heads and Hasbro could print money. 

Daredevil depends on which version. We have all the main looks except armored but thus bring a retro line would they use this look? ToyBiz DID do an armored repaint back in the 5" days so it could be and I would buy two if so. Love armored DD

Gwen, Goblin and Electo are wait and see. Would they do two civilians in a wave? Peter and Gwen? 

It would be unusual, like many here, I assume that if they ever did Peter and Gwen it would be in a two pack

15 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

What looks to be another Fan channel exclusive is Starting to ship out of China, A New Hydra trooper. There's a chance it's also just a store exclusive.

https://panjiva.com/Hasbro-S-A/27758487

E96965L00 20 PCS MVL LEGENDS TROOP HYDRA

Interesting to see how to will be different from the previous soldiers

On 2/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, tarot said:

• Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

This seems really cool, I am banking on this if infact real, using a card emulating the 90's Cartoon figures, actually would be really into this wave, finally get a chance to have a Green Goblin, Electro (Not for stupid re-sale prices) and Gwen finally!, but heres to hoping it's Armored DD

If I had to guess then Goblin will be in brighter colors with a classic head and maybe with Norman's and Harry's head. 

People have been complaining about electro since he was announced and with Hasbro trying to complete the proper Sinister six it will probably be the last one painted in classic colors with swappable hands.

Daredevil is not as weird as some think since he did get a figure in both the 90 cartoon line and the Classics line. as for the version, I have a strong feeling it's the classic red on a new body, 2099 maybe?

Spider-man and Peter Parker are weird as you don't know what to guess. If hasbro was smart they would do the Armor MKI or the Iron Spider.