Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

As much I believe these will be a more classic GG and Electro, I do like the more modern version of Electro more. The black pants just help break up the sea of green, I also don’t care for the outside undies. I love the 90’s Spider-Man show though, so having the Spider-Man in this wave be that costume, probably on the Spider-UK body, would be awesome!

In 2018 we had:

• 2x Avengers waves
  • Black Panther wave
  • 2x Deadpool waves
  • 2x Spider-Man waves
  • Venom wave
  • X-Men wave
  • Retro wave

Last year we had:

• 3x Avengers waves
  • Black Panther wave
  • Captain Marvel wave
  • 2x Spider-Man waves
  • X-Force wave
  • X-Men wave
  • X-Men retro wave

This year, so far, we know about:

• Avengers wave (video game)
  • Black Widow wave
  • Deadpool wave
  • Eternals wave
  • Fantastic Four wave
  • Spider-Man wave
  • Venom wave
  • X-Men wave (Age of Apocalypse)

We have evidence to suggest that there's likely a second Avengers video game wave, so if the rumours pan out about this year's retro wave being Spider-Man-themed (likely, given the existence of only one other confirmed Spidey wave), then--unless they plan on increasing the number of waves this year relative to the past few years--we already know all wave themes for the entire year. Now, it's just a matter of figuring out which figures are coming in each of them.

It looks like a comparatively slow year for my collection so far, but we don't yet know many of the box-sets or exclusives for the year, so who knows?

So some new Rumors for this year in regards to whats coming out, that I have learned from a source who was talking with a distributor

we apparently will be getting (and this is rumor)

A Punisher Van! (apparently I noticed this was also talked about by others)

2 More additional X-Men waves (potentially being another Retro and another AOA wave)

5 Deluxe figures in total for this year (we already know Venom, White MCU Widow and GV Hulk) but also said to be Kingpin and an currently unknown

A potential 3rd Vintage wave, and Spidey Vintage wave

another Spider-Man wave with a BAF

Avengers Gamerverse will be getting a 2nd wave, and there will be a 3rd Avengers wave which will not be a gamerverse wave, it may infact be another movie oriented wave like the Endgame 3 wave

15 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So some new Rumors for this year in regards to whats coming out, that I have learned from a source who was talking with a distributor

2 More additional X-Men waves (potentially being another Retro and another AOA wave)

5 Deluxe figures in total for this year (we already know Venom, White MCU Widow and GV Hulk) but also said to be Kingpin and an currently unknown

Avengers Gamerverse will be getting a 2nd wave, and there will be a 3rd Avengers wave which will not be a gamerverse wave, it may infact be another movie oriented wave like the Endgame 3 wave

Hopefully the deluxe sets will be Endgame final battle Thor and a MK 85 Iron Man with Nanogauntlet and Tony Stark head...

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This would be a huge increase in volume over last year, which was already a record-setting year in terms of releases. This would already mean a full 50% more waves than last year.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

That's not including a possible Eternals wave

On 2/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

But they probably would've come with a bit more extras than just two swords, two lightning bolts.

Is it too much to ask for an extra smiling face BLUE head for Grey Beast to go along with the regular release?

(Glass half-full though, most of that Retro wave is under $10 now on Amazon.)

To add insult to injury I had to buy 3 Deadpools to build Sauron (I still can't get myself to pay full price for X-23/Wolverine) and it'll look like I would have to buy 1, 2 maybe even 3 Deadpools to build Strong Guy. Please Hasbro stop giving DP the better BAF selections...

I totally agree on the more extras, I hope marvel legends will do the same, something similar to what they did for the white costume black widow (which has a stand and effects)...this is where Marvel Diamond Select action figures have an edge.

14 hours ago, Benn said:

This would be a huge increase in volume over last year, which was already a record-setting year in terms of releases. This would already mean a full 50% more waves than last year.

If there's no "side assortment" like the MCU 10th/Marvel 80th stuff then it kind of balances out.  Still more than last year but not by a HUGE amount.  That said, I'd take that list with a bit of a grain of salt.  As has been pointed out a 2nd AoA wave seems to be speculation based on a misinterpreted statement.

But I'd be surprised to see more than one "Retro" wave in a year.  Maybe some extra Retro-style fan channel exclusives but yeah, the full assortments don't tend to do super-hot.

Hasbro in general has so much stuff at some point with limited retail shelf space out there at what point is Hasbro competing more with themselves than other toy companies. This year for just 6" we have Marvel Legends, Back Series, Lightning Collection, GIJoe, Ghostbusters, maybe Overwatch though I kinda feel Hasbro might be done with that one. Still so many lines.

Pretty sure Overwatch is done.

It'll be one of those things where some waves barely see retail (until perhaps post-Christmas clearances) and others flood pegs, though with no Avengers movie coming the "flood" may be more limited this year (though they seem bound and determined to make this Avengers game a thing so I might eat my words on that).

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Hasbro in general has so much stuff at some point with limited retail shelf space out there at what point is Hasbro competing more with themselves than other toy companies. This year for just 6" we have Marvel Legends, Back Series, Lightning Collection, GIJoe, Ghostbusters, maybe Overwatch though I kinda feel Hasbro might be done with that one. Still so many lines.

Hasbro are pretty much their own enemy in the 6 inch figure department now

11 hours ago, leokearon said:

That's not including a possible Eternals wave

Oh yeah I should have stated about that list, it was "what else is coming out" we know (almost) for sure Eternals are getting a wave, I am fairly certain that has been confirmed (or no?)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 2:45 PM, JayC said:

Some more details i've received from reliable sources:

There's a retro-carded Beast coming in June, presumably the rumored gray Beast. Also, presumably the random X-Men figure available to preorder from EB Games in Canada....

Well the Beast came in March instead of June but I don't think anyone's complaining! 🙂