Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

JayC

I was really hoping theyd give us alternate hands and or head. I already have the BAF and im a big Venom fan but im still on the fence. If they would have included those extras, it would have been no hesitation and an insta-buy from me!

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I was really hoping theyd give us alternate hands and or head. I already have the BAF and im a big Venom fan but im still on the fence. If they would have included those extras, it would have been no hesitation and an insta-buy from me!

Personally all large figures should have both fisted and grabbing hands

4 minutes ago, JayC said:

I could see them doing a New Mutants boxset similar to what we saw with Alpha Flight.

With the New Mutants movie coming in April, I can see them giving us a Cannonball with legs and re-releases of the Magik and Dani Moonstar figure and throw in a New Mutants Sunspot figure while they're at it.

I would flip if we got a New Mutants boxset, especially if it were in their 80s costumes. I could take or leave a rerelease of Warlock, but Magik, Karma, etc. in their original team uniform would make my year. It's pretty unlikely, though, unless they kept it secret for two years and delayed its release correspondingly with the delays the movie faced.

Box sets similar to the recent Alpha Flight would be ideal to knock out something that like a classic New Mutants. Something with a loyal following that both checks a lot of boxes and completes a team in one swoop. 

Honestly always liked the looks of a team in the same uniform, it just speaks to me. Not a fan of the New Mutants but a box set would be hard to resist

Classic core members of Imperial Guard & Squadron Supreme can also be knocked out using the Amazon  boxsets.  As far as a bad guys team boxset, we could get the remaining core members of the Serpent Society & 80s Zemo led Masters of Evil members.  Those are 4 sets of teams that are grossly lacking members.

FFbVwY8.jpg

I'd be good with a boxset of either SS team pictured here though my main preference would be the 2nd pic.

W2qhgIF.jpg

kK5qwkN.jpg?1

Mh2gXWs.jpg

J1HGHtu.jpg

Some of the members of the newest Agents of Atlas would be cool as well as the older team members. Plus we could use this version of Giant Man, but bigger than the MCU version. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

The Alpha Flight set seems to be a hit- I wonder if Amazon will do one larger team set a year? That would be most welcome.

A Shi'Ar set might work, if Lilandra is included. I think most of the Guard is a bit obscure, but Lilandra is much more well-known (and Hasbro has the head sculpt for her now, and just a head isn't enough for most people, just customizers); Lilandra, Gladiator, Warstar, Fang, and one or two others would make for a great set. Hasbro could have some real Synergy, and issue Fang Wolverine and Deathbird in an X-Men Legends wave around the same time...

Seriously, though, Marvel Legends is lacking in "space characters" from the X-verse. Where's Corsair?

4 hours ago, tarot said:

This may be me but it seems hasbro releases a figure in the regular line from a team to gauge whether people want the rest, like sasquatch and guardian or any of the of the serpent society. If the figure is successful they release a whole box set of the rest

it would make sense, no point make a box set of a group no-one wants

On 2/4/2020 at 6:44 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Some of the members of the newest Agents of Atlas would be cool as well as the older team members. Plus we could use this version of Giant Man, but bigger than the MCU version. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I’d take an articulated gorilla in any form. 

On 2/4/2020 at 10:56 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

The Alpha Flight set seems to be a hit- I wonder if Amazon will do one larger team set a year? That would be most welcome.

A Shi'Ar set might work, if Lilandra is included. I think most of the Guard is a bit obscure, but Lilandra is much more well-known (and Hasbro has the head sculpt for her now, and just a head isn't enough for most people, just customizers); Lilandra, Gladiator, Warstar, Fang, and one or two others would make for a great set. Hasbro could have some real Synergy, and issue Fang Wolverine and Deathbird in an X-Men Legends wave around the same time...

Seriously, though, Marvel Legends is lacking in "space characters" from the X-verse. Where's Corsair?

Be awesome if only Lilandras body was included.. Hasbro pinching pennies since they already gave us her head 😂

Yeah that would be a great alternative. Make her a classic body with instant recognition for those that know the character with an unmasked head so it has value, then those that found Mystique get a little extra. Brilliant 

On 2/4/2020 at 9:13 AM, Hogun said:

Would anyone be surprised if Hasbro did the same thing with the Warlock BAF only with more accessories?

Seems unlikely to me, while I love warlock he’s nowhere near as popular as venom and I don’t think he was all that sought after as a BAF. Best bet would be a new mutants box set as others mentioned but even that seems unlikely to me. But I suppose with the movie coming and Dani seeming to sell well, it is a possibility 

on another note, from what I’ve seen the different plastic in the new venoms torso vs limbs means parts of him are glossy and parts aren’t, which seems unfortunate. Still a good deal for $30 tho

So I just thought I'd show you guys what is Officially coming very soon, as these are all pre-orders, we have Video Game Assortment, Black Widow Assortment (we know about this), Vehicle Assortment (Riders) (people are already getting these), The Venom figure, X-men Assortment (probably AOA), X-Men Vintage G1 (unknown but probably just the Black Storm Retro), and Stepford Cuckoos (which are already out in the US at Wal-greens), but it's cool to know Both X-Men and Video Game wave are coming relatively soon

also excuse this terrible picture

NEWSTUFFCOMING1.jpg