Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends For 2020 - What We Know, We Think We Know And Kinda Know

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

As an X-men fan I want less Retro carded lines. They're priced about the same as the regular waves but don't come with the BAF. Most Walmarts, Toys R USs, EBs up here are swimming with every single figure from that wave (save for white-costumed Storm) it's embarrassing.

I love the packaging but they shouldn't be priced the same. The recent Europe exclusive wave of ML, have not BAF parts and in some cases less accessories than the standard release but are at least €10 cheaper. It feels like we are paying for just the extra packaging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

The 2020 X-Men wave is starting to arrive in port in the U.S (arrived on February 5th to be exact), So expect those to pop up some where soon in the coming month hopefully.

https://panjiva.com/Hasbro-Inc-One-Hasbro-Place/45324291

E73495L00 8 PCS. MVL XMEN LEGENDS AST

 

The Aoa wave I presume. Probably go up for preorder on the day of Toyfair like always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tarot said:

The Aoa wave I presume. Probably go up for preorder on the day of Toyfair like always.

Just in time to be announced/leaked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok just watched Rektangular's Recent video. I appreciate what he does, but he made quite a few errors in this one. So hopefully this clears some things up

The Captain Marvel wave he list form Everest wholesale is the wave from last year.

The Spiderman movie 2 pack he list from Everest Wholesale is the homecoming Ironman and Peter 2 pack.

The Retro Card Assortment he list from Everest Wholesale is the wave 1 X-Men vintage wave from last year.

The "generic wave" he list from Everest Wholesale is the X-force wave from last year.

 

You can tell by the Hasbro Product numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jtprime17 said:

Ok just watched Rektangular's Recent video. I appreciate what he does, but he made quite a few errors in this one. So hopefully this clears some things up

The Captain Marvel wave he list form Everest wholesale is the wave from last year.

The Spiderman movie 2 pack he list from Everest Wholesale is the homecoming Ironman and Peter 2 pack.

The Retro Card Assortment he list from Everest Wholesale is the wave 1 X-Men vintage wave from last year.

The "generic wave" he list from Everest Wholesale is the X-force wave from last year.

 

You can tell by the Hasbro Product numbers.

So basically no new figures coming to Everest wholesale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

So basically no new figures coming to Everest wholesale. 

Well, they have the Avengers gameverse wave, 2020 Deadpool, and the AOA X-Men waves listed along with the 2020 Riders wave 2. Just the ones I stated in my previous post above were really listings for older figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I don’t believe in basically all the comic characters from the Avengers game wave, except maybe Mach 1 and Rage just because Hasbro might be building those teams now. Figures I do believe in are the Walgreens figures, but what I’m most concerned about is the Venom Captain America. I loved Venomverse and Venomized was a good follow up, plus the Poison designs were pretty much all awesome. The part that worries me is that instead of the great looking Venomverse Cap, we’ll be getting Maximum Venom Cap, who just looks like Cap with a glob of Venom goop thrown at him.

04D72491-FBAF-4AAC-AA2F-730F08F7F4A9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JayC said:

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

Lord I Hope not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d take a deluxe modern Venom with dragon wings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JayC said:

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

As much as I like Venomverse and Venomized, I don’t think making that be the whole wave would be smart. I personally still want them, but not an over abundance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Having a full Venomized wave wouldn't be a great idea, from a fan view as well as marketing. It's better to spread the figure out over multiple waves and Exclusives, like they did with the Spider-verse/geddon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tarot said:

I agree. Having a full Venomized wave wouldn't be a great idea, from a fan view as well as marketing. It's better to spread the figure out over multiple waves and Exclusives, like they did with the Spider-verse/geddon.

Yeah, I would prefer proper characters, rather just lazy Venomised version of Marvel characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, JayC said:

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

I could see that, especially since they could get by with at least some re-use of parts.  Depends on whether they want to have the characters have that "hunched over" venom look (almost humpbacked) akin to Monster venom, or just the ordinary buff look that the regular venom figure has.  Even if they went the hunchback route it seems like they could make one torso and re-use it for a couple of characters in the wave, with different paint jobs.

Focus on characters that people have shown willingness to buy multiple variants of, and the wave could be pretty successful. I'm thinking Wolverine, Deadpool,  Cap.

Who would people most like to see Venomized?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rekt has looked into some rumoured listing that have been hoping around the internet for a bit include what looks to be the codenames of what I think are the Venom wave.

If you don't want to watch the video, he found out that there might be a Vintage Spider-man wave. The rumored Listing has the wave consist of:

  • Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

He also found a listing for another Spider-man wave that he and I believe is actually the Venom wave since that line is a branch of the Spidey subline. All the characters are codenamed off of the Characters from saved by the bell but one name is obvious hinting at Shriek. I'll let you guess which one.

  • Zack
  • Slather
  • Kelly
  • Kimberly
  • Jessie
  • Screech

Again all rumors and nothing confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, JayC said:

I am seeing a lot of companies doing Venomized characters this year. Makes me wonder if that rumored Venom wave wont be all Venomized Marvel characters?

Personally I'd think it's more likely we get a bunch of fan-channel exclusives that are "venomized" characters alongside a more traditional mainline wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Venom-Pool is the only "Venomized" character I really want. I hope they produce all of them so I can give my wallet a break and so other collectors get what they want. 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarot said:

Rekt has looked into some rumoured listing that have been hoping around the internet for a bit include what looks to be the codenames of what I think are the Venom wave.

If you don't want to watch the video, he found out that there might be a Vintage Spider-man wave. The rumored Listing has the wave consist of:

  • Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

He also found a listing for another Spider-man wave that he and I believe is actually the Venom wave since that line is a branch of the Spidey subline. All the characters are codenamed off of the Characters from saved by the bell but one name is obvious hinting at Shriek. I'll let you guess which one.

  • Zack
  • Slather
  • Kelly
  • Kimberly
  • Jessie
  • Screech

Again all rumors and nothing confirmed.

Rekt just confirmed that the second listing of the SBTB character is actually the codenames for the Demogoblin wave so you can ignore that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tarot said:

Rekt has looked into some rumoured listing that have been hoping around the internet for a bit include what looks to be the codenames of what I think are the Venom wave.

If you don't want to watch the video, he found out that there might be a Vintage Spider-man wave. The rumored Listing has the wave consist of:

  • Spider-man
  • Peter Parker
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Daredevil
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin

Not interested in another classic Spidey or Green Goblin, Peter and Gwen wouldn't be too bad. Don't have have DD so might be good and Electro could do with a re-release/retool especially with interchangeable hands. Also I wonder wnat packaging they would use, maybe the 90's cartoon toyline packaging?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leokearon said:

Not interested in another classic Spidey or Green Goblin, Peter and Gwen wouldn't be too bad. Don't have have DD so might be good and Electro could do with a re-release/retool especially with interchangeable hands. Also I wonder wnat packaging they would use, maybe the 90's cartoon toyline packaging?

Depends on if they do the much requested Ditko Spidey, something visually distinct could make another Spider-Man stand out.

as for the rest, I am all in on Peter Parker. Make him with two or three artist specific heads and Hasbro could print money. 

Daredevil depends on which version. We have all the main looks except armored but thus bring a retro line would they use this look? ToyBiz DID do an armored repaint back in the 5" days so it could be and I would buy two if so. Love armored DD

Gwen, Goblin and Electo are wait and see. Would they do two civilians in a wave? Peter and Gwen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McHogan said:

Depends on if they do the much requested Ditko Spidey, something visually distinct could make another Spider-Man stand out.

as for the rest, I am all in on Peter Parker. Make him with two or three artist specific heads and Hasbro could print money. 

Daredevil depends on which version. We have all the main looks except armored but thus bring a retro line would they use this look? ToyBiz DID do an armored repaint back in the 5" days so it could be and I would buy two if so. Love armored DD

Gwen, Goblin and Electo are wait and see. Would they do two civilians in a wave? Peter and Gwen? 

It would be unusual, like many here, I assume that if they ever did Peter and Gwen it would be in a two pack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

What looks to be another Fan channel exclusive is Starting to ship out of China, A New Hydra trooper. There's a chance it's also just a store exclusive.

https://panjiva.com/Hasbro-S-A/27758487

E96965L00 20 PCS MVL LEGENDS TROOP HYDRA

Interesting to see how to will be different from the previous soldiers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for a Death's Head 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE