How did you guys feel about this 3 pack?

MarvelousSuperNova

I recently got this 3 pack as a gift, and I am loving it so far! It's great to have a classic looking magneto in my collection. And the quicksilver and scarlet witch figures are great as well! But I have found some problems with these figures. I think the head size for quicksilver is a little too big. But other then that, it's a great set. I also love how the cape for magneto was painted, and I love the new head for scarlet witch. I'm wondering about how you guys think about these figures? Are there any other problems you have with it?

71KUq1W-MoL._SX425_.jpg

Seems like a nice set, i don't have it.  Most people rave about the scarlet witch figure, some people have quibbles about the other two (such as Quicksilver's head size) but mostly that seems like nitpicking to me, and such complaints tend to come from either the types of collectors who manage to find fault with everything, or customizers who are always looking to "improve" on hasbro's work..And of course some folks had quality control issues with their specific set like paint problems etc. But overall its a great idea for a set and seems like the execution was pretty solid.

I love this pack quite a bit, both Magneto and Scarlet Witch are really nice updates (however I still think I like the Odin wave Witch just a bit more, because of it's Classic look), Quicksilver is my least favorite figure in this pack, he's just not that interesting, only problem I really noticed with anything was how annoying it was to change Magneto's head sculpts and his cape keeps shifting around

it's the best Magneto we have yet and that alone makes this pack worth it, as well as the fact it's not that easy to come by a Scarlet Wicth from the Odin wave anymore

41 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Oh ya that set was a must-have for me. Love it. If I had a gripe about anything in there, it would be the color choices on Scarlet Witch. But still... great set, great set.

I agree on the color choice for Scarlet Witch. Sculpt wise she is great, just not sure where these colors fit in with any given era. The costume is “classic” avengers (with the undershirt covering her chest and shoulders) where as the Odin wave SW had a more modern “more skin the better “ look.

the colors of this SW are the only thing that make me hesitate (slightly) to put her with my classic Avengers team.. 

Wanda to me was always a little more timid in her costume choices and she was mostly covered from shoulders to feet ( classic, avengers unity team). At least with the exception of a few brief designs that had her almost nekkid.. would love this 3 pack SW in classic colors though.

overall the 3 pack is awesome. Love it. 

2 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Excellent set, it was my favorite multi pack of the year.

Agree again. If Hasbro keeps blessing us with sets of similar theme ( meaning 3 packs of characters with comic / movie history) they could be onto something special. 

I am really hoping for a similar set of Cap/Thor/Iron Man from the Final Battle of EndGame. 

Imagine where they could take this:

Werewolf by Night/ Dracula/ Frankenstein

Captain Mar Vel / Monica Rambeau/ Genis or Carol

Spidéy/Green Goblin / Gwen

soooo many great options

This was the most pleasantly unexpected product of the Year. All these figures are my go to defaults. The Odin wave SW looked excellent but it was obviously too tall and it was hard to stand (pose) with those heels. Not only did this set fix this but they also gave her a new head sculpt to differentiate her from the Polaris figure who reused the same head sculpt as the first SW. Yes, Quicksilver's head is a bit on the large size, but it's a minor issue as the figure is head and shoulders (pun intended) over the last one, and long awaited. Also long awaited is this version of Magneto. Classic look in classic colors, this is the Magneto we all wanted. Money well spent. I bought 2.

The best Scarlet Witch out, Quicksilvers head is slightly oversized, Magneto is still the best magneto we have received. 

But I would have liked to see Magneto on the Grim reaper mold.  Cyclops and Magneto are both Supposed to be the same height as Captain America. 

I didn't like the Magneto headsculpts. The relaxed one looked goofy looking. I would have been perfectly pleased if they had just given us the helmeted headsculpt from the Apocalypse wave but with the classic helmet instead. I really like that Magneto figure and I tried replacing it with the 3-pack Magneto on my 90s X-Men shelf, but I just couldn't.

22 hours ago, McHogan said:

Agree again. If Hasbro keeps blessing us with sets of similar theme ( meaning 3 packs of characters with comic / movie history) they could be onto something special. 

I am really hoping for a similar set of Cap/Thor/Iron Man from the Final Battle of EndGame. 

Imagine where they could take this:

Werewolf by Night/ Dracula/ Frankenstein

Captain Mar Vel / Monica Rambeau/ Genis or Carol

Spidéy/Green Goblin / Gwen

soooo many great options

I'd buy all of those.  Though I'd like to see Mar Vel, Genis, and Phyla as a 3 pack, one step closer to completing the Abnett/Lanning Guardians that way.

Awesome multipack!

I bought the set primarily for Wanda and Pietro as I'm a bigger fan of the Avengers characters than the X-Men, but I gotta admit the Magneto figure is terrific! Spot-on iconic, powerful villain.

As for the others, I love the look of Wanda; her hair and head sculpt is one of the most unique and cool-looking I've seen on a ML figure. I just wish, as others have said, that her colors were better; the glossy lipstick color for her legs and sleeves just doesn't work; there's not enough of a contrast with her torso/cape, etc. Should've been a brighter pink for the legs/sleeves. And for Pietro, I don't mind the size of his head, I just wish he had more pronounced hair flips like he has in the comics. 

On 2/3/2020 at 1:56 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

I have this set, still haven't opened it and I'll say now what I've always said when photos of these three was released: I thought then that Scarlet Witch's head is too small. I guess I'm in the minority on this.

I do prefer the Scarlet Witch from the Odin Wave.

I don't know if Wanda's head is too small, but I think her "crown" is undersized- I agree, I prefer the one from the Odin wave. The 3-pack one is still nice, just not as nice.

I think it's a solid set. The Magneto is the best ML one that has been made so far, as is Quicksilver (but there's not a lot of competition for that) ,  but I  would have preferred just those 2 figures in a 2-pack for 2/3 of the price. That being said, for people who keep their figures sealed, I can see the appeal of having all 3 of them in one box- I am an opener, mainly, and I just don't think Wanda needed an "upgrade," while the other 2 definitely did. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was a great set.  My only quibble was that I would have liked a new unmasked headsculpt for Magneto aside from the "bed head" Apocalypse wave version.  I think I get what they were going for with it (The Jim Lee Unmasked look had some pretty wild hair)  but I like my Magneto a little more put-together.

Even better would have been a straight up removable helmet (with hopefully a properly scaled head underneath).