Teams that will never be complete?

tarot

We have been getting alot of new characters over the years completing many teams and sub teams. But what are the team you know that Hasbro (or any other companies if they ever lose the license) will never ever complete? not because they aren't trying or that they aren't doing versions of certain teams but they just will never get around to ever completing?

For me it's the big 2, the X-men and the Avengers. Hasbro has been completing many sub-teams, like the 90's x-men or the ANAD Avengers, but they will never get around to completing the entire roster. There is just so many members that it would be hard to get everyone. there is also the fact that many of the member have become so obscure you will find it hard to find someone who will remember everyone. That doesn't even include the constant new members.

The avengers and XMen would be tough to complete. Once you get past the heavy hitters ( or 2 or 3 versions of them) only the most fanatical of us want Dr Druid and Maggot. For every A lister there is a solid D that got their  15 minutes that we now crave in plastic form.

My wishlist of best obscure avengers are Gilgamesh, Moondragon, Demolition Man and of course Dr Druid. These all seem like long shots but it wasn’t too long ago that Hellcat and Rage were considered unlikely to get made.

as far as teams we may never complete:

Squadron Supreme. I’d say except for a small loyal following that love them the are all C and D listers who are mostly recognizable because they are inspired by the Distinguished Competition.

Serpent Society. So many characters with forgettable designs that by the time Hasbro trickles one out every few years they would lose interest.

West Coast Avengers. Badly want Firebird, Living Laser and the Original Human Torch. Doubt we’ll see any of the more recent team outside of what we have either

70s Guardians of the Galaxy. The Vance Astro we  got may be it. I have a feeling this eras time has come and gone.

I won't say never, but Hasbro seems to be taking their sweet time with the Abnett and Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy.  They're only a couple figures off on the core roster, but haven't made any progress since Adam Warlock a few years back.  But what I think will never see completion is the whole roster.  I can't see even Hasbro getting Jack Flag, or Bug out, especially in their Guardians attire.  Hope they do, just don't see it as too likely.

7 hours ago, McHogan said:

The avengers and XMen would be tough to complete. Once you get past the heavy hitters ( or 2 or 3 versions of them) only the most fanatical of us want Dr Druid and Maggot. For every A lister there is a solid D that got their  15 minutes that we now crave in plastic form.

My wishlist of best obscure avengers are Gilgamesh, Moondragon, Demolition Man and of course Dr Druid. These all seem like long shots but it wasn’t too long ago that Hellcat and Rage were considered unlikely to get made.

as far as teams we may never complete:

Squadron Supreme. I’d say except for a small loyal following that love them the are all C and D listers who are mostly recognizable because they are inspired by the Distinguished Competition.

Serpent Society. So many characters with forgettable designs that by the time Hasbro trickles one out every few years they would lose interest.

West Coast Avengers. Badly want Firebird, Living Laser and the Original Human Torch. Doubt we’ll see any of the more recent team outside of what we have either

70s Guardians of the Galaxy. The Vance Astro we  got may be it. I have a feeling this eras time has come and gone.

It may be so weird, I feel like I am the only one, I just don't want to think that we won't at least complete the most important members of Serpent Society, I want it so bad, at least the most important characters.. I want my Serpent Society

Yeah, X-men and Avengers will never be complete especially if they keep filling the waves with Cap, Iron Men and whatever other media is big at the moment, along with all the obsucre members; I don't think too many people are screaming out for Deathcry. Also massive villain teams like the Serpent Society and Masters of Evil.

I agree with many teams mentioned above, such as Squadron Supreme, Serpent Society, Masters of Evil and both iterations of GotG (altho i think we may get a few more Abnett/Lanning era comic characters when GotG 3 comes out, like Moondragon). Also I'd say

• Shi'ar Imperial Guard -  even if hasbro went at it full throttle it would take quite awhile just to get the roster from Dark Phoenix era
  • Inhumans Royal Family - seems to have been abandoned after Medusa and Black Bolt, perhaps due to the tv show being a disaster.
  • Thunderbolts - this one it seems like Hasbro is making some efforts.  Probably will be able to complete at least certain rosters of the team but like Avengers and X-Men there are just too many characters who've been thunderbolts for them to ever really finish.
  • Annihilators -  i could see Hasbro doing a comic Ronan but not sure if they will make a figure for I'konn (the female Spaceknight character). I suppose you need Cosmo, too.
  • Great Lakes Avengers - Ok squirrel girl is done but can't see them tackling the rest of the team.
  • U-Foes - hasbro hasn't gotten started on this quartet yet

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I agree with many teams mentioned above, such as Squadron Supreme, Serpent Society, Masters of Evil and both iterations of GotG (altho i think we may get a few more Abnett/Lanning era comic characters when GotG 3 comes out, like Moondragon). Also I'd say

• Shi'ar Imperial Guard -  even if hasbro went at it full throttle it would take quite awhile just to get the roster from Dark Phoenix era
  • Inhumans Royal Family - seems to have been abandoned after Medusa and Black Bolt, perhaps due to the tv show being a disaster.
  • Thunderbolts - this one it seems like Hasbro is making some efforts.  Probably will be able to complete at least certain rosters of the team but like Avengers and X-Men there are just too many characters who've been thunderbolts for them to ever really finish.
  • Annihilators -  i could see Hasbro doing a comic Ronan but not sure if they will make a figure for I'konn (the female Spaceknight character). I suppose you need Cosmo, too.
  • Great Lakes Avengers - Ok squirrel girl is done but can't see them tackling the rest of the team.
  • U-Foes - hasbro hasn't gotten started on this quartet yet

See the source imageThis is a team marvel has completed. 

Yeah, defined a certain way the X-Men and Avengers will never be completed. If they could be categorized into eras, rather than lumping all the teams together, they'd make progress.

What about the FF? Have they made a She-Hulk in the old one-piece from after the Secret Wars? Was Lyja on FF too?

If costume variations count, then what about Thing with the helmet on his head from the 90's? It's such a random appearance. Didn't Invisible Woman have some skimpy outfit back then, too?

How about Days of Future Past X-Men? We have Wolverine, we just need old Colossus, Kate Pryde, Franklin Richards, Magneto, Storm? That's one they likely won't do. Rachel Grey Phoenix in the hound style would belong to that team too, and is the likeliest to be produced next.

Squirrel Girl is probably going to be waiting for a while for teammates.

They made Stryfe but we will probably never see anyone from the MLF.

I Consider my Jim Lee X-Men team complete. Obviously you can continue building but I would consider the 90's animated series roster complete. (Especially cause Morph was in like 2 episodes and not truly part of the team in the comics). Additionally the Core-Avengers are complete. Again this is some thing that you can choose how big it gets and will always get bigger. 

Teams we have Completed: 

All new, All different Avengers,

Heroic Age Avengers.

Fantastic Four.

OG Defenders.

Street Level Defenders.

Code Red.

Thunderbolts. 

X-Men (Jim Lee). 

The Core Avengers. 

The Wrecking Crew.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

A-force.

Alpha Flight. 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:22 PM, greenlucario said:

I won't say never, but Hasbro seems to be taking their sweet time with the Abnett and Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy.  They're only a couple figures off on the core roster, but haven't made any progress since Adam Warlock a few years back.  But what I think will never see completion is the whole roster.  I can't see even Hasbro getting Jack Flag, or Bug out, especially in their Guardians attire.  Hope they do, just don't see it as too likely.

Also the original Guardians of the Galaxy that existed in the thirtieth century. So far we've gotten, what, Vance Astro and that's it? No comic Yondu, no Martinex or Starhawk, no BAF Charlie-27. 

18 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

Am I the only one who wants to finish my Serpent Society?? We need the wimmen!! Annaconda, Mamba, Asp and Diamondback fer sure!!

17 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

You forgot Nikki the fire haired chick!

Please give us the original GAURDIANS Hasbro!! 

I'm in full agreement for both teams! I'm happy with the rate they've been releasing the Serpent Society, one member every one-two years, and GOTG from the 90's is one of my favorite teams of all time and I'm hoping against hope we get them sooner rather than later! New Warriors from 1990 too!

On 1/31/2020 at 9:37 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I Consider my Jim Lee X-Men team complete. Obviously you can continue building but I would consider the 90's animated series roster complete. (Especially cause Morph was in like 2 episodes and not truly part of the team in the comics). Additionally the Core-Avengers are complete. Again this is some thing that you can choose how big it gets and will always get bigger. 

Teams we have Completed: 

All new, All different Avengers,

Heroic Age Avengers.

Fantastic Four.

OG Defenders.

Street Level Defenders.

Code Red.

Thunderbolts. 

X-Men (Jim Lee). 

The Core Avengers. 

The Wrecking Crew.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

A-force.

Alpha Flight. 

Oh no! That outta scale Wrecking crew on that horrendous & outdated 2010 Warpath buck have got to be redone in the correct scale bucks! They can utilize the buck they used for Super Skrull. Only Wrecker would need new tooling due to having a jacket type uniform. The other members have cookie cutter costumes that require just new head sculpt along with new enlarged forearms/hands for Piledriver.

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Oh no! That outta scale Wrecking crew on that horrendous & outdated 2010 Warpath buck have got to be redone in the correct scale bucks! They can utilize the buck they used for Super Skrull. Only Wrecker would need new tooling due to having a jacket type uniform. The other members have cookie cutter costumes that require just new head sculpt along with new enlarged forearms/hands for Piledriver.

Yeah i agree that the wrecking crew really could use a do-over.  I think Bulldozer might be OK but the other 3 definitely need to be tackled again.  Not that they are a top priority but would like to be able to assemble the secret wars villain roster one day.  

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

The classic 4 member team known as the Starjammers has totally been neglected by Hasbro & they easily could be thrown into X-Men waves. I'd love if they do a box set of them & being as it's only 4 characters, they can toss in alternate head sculpts & open/ closed hands with a variety of weapons.

seems like they could re-use most of Abomination for Ch'od, i think basically he would just need a new head.

Think they would be best sprinkled into x-waves but i dunno, really not sure how popular they've been from 90s onward which seems to be the focus these days, particularly in terms of x-waves. But they have gotten some classic characters mixed into the waves, too.

Here's another question. Do you guy prefer getting a full roster or would you mind if Hasbro only did the core members?

for example the Alpha Flight box set gave us the full core roster of AF. Sure we want Marina and Box but they aren't really who you think of when you think of AF, mostly the ones we got already.

If I was to use another example, the Defenders have pretty much gotten their core members, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver surfer, Namor, Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat. I wouldn't mind them doing ther rest but they are just add-ons. 

Squadron has gotten 3 members and if they do Spectrum and Power Princess I would happy, not needing the rest.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Here's another question. Do you guy prefer getting a full roster or would you mind if Hasbro only did the core members?

for example the Alpha Flight box set gave us the full core roster of AF. Sure we want Marina and Box but they aren't really who you think of when you think of AF, mostly the ones we got already.

If I was to use another example, the Defenders have pretty much gotten their core members, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver surfer, Namor, Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat. I wouldn't mind them doing ther rest but they are just add-ons. 

Squadron has gotten 3 members and if they do Spectrum and Power Princess I would happy, not needing the rest.

The problem is who would constitute as a core member. I would prefer full rosters with ever member getting at least one toy, even if the looks are currect, at least you would have all the members

I would at the very minimum want the core rosters of every team made.  Defenders still need a classic Dr Strange & accurate scale Valkrie.

Imperial Guard  classic 70s-80s core members:

Gladiator

Smasher-1st version

Fang

Earthquake

Starbolt

Electron

Warstar-BAF

Titan-BAF

Hussar

Manta

Oracle

Quasar/Neutron

Squadron Supreme-classic 70s-80s versions

Hyperion

Nighthawk

Dr Spectrum

Power Princess

Blue Eagle

Whizzer

Skymaster

Black or Golden Archer

Lady Lark

Tom Thumb

Nuke

Amphibian

Alpha Flight-Classic 80s versions

Box II

Windshear

Nemesis

Weapon Omega

X-Men are just missing classic versions of Banshee/ FA Storm/T-Bird & a new classic Havok redo.

Inhumans-classic 70-80s versions

Black Bolt on a buffer buck

Medusa with better hair sculpt

Gorgon

Karnak

Triton

Crystal

Masters of evil III-"Siege of Avengers mansion"

Baron Helmut Zemo

Mr Hyde

Blackout

Fixer

Wrecking crew- redone on scale accurate bucks

Moonstone

Absorbing man on scale accurate buck

Titania

Goliath-BAF 12'-14' scale

Classic Avengers 70s-80s-90s versions

Hercules

Falcon

Wonderman

Photon

Yellowjacket

Starfox

War Machine

US Agent

Wasp-classic costumes

Swordsman

Giantman/Goliath-12'-14' scale BAF

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i agree that the wrecking crew really could use a do-over.  I think Bulldozer might be OK but the other 3 definitely need to be tackled again.  Not that they are a top priority but would like to be able to assemble the secret wars villain roster one day.  

Nah, entire Crew needs to be done on new Bucks. The Super Skrull buck can be used on T-Ball, Piledriver & Bulldozer. Only Wrecker needs a new buck do to his jacket. All 4 members are in the 6-3 to 6'6 hgt scale.

wrecking crew busts.jpg