Teams that will never be complete?

tarot

On 2/1/2020 at 8:00 AM, RyanDaly said:

Also the original Guardians of the Galaxy that existed in the thirtieth century. So far we've gotten, what, Vance Astro and that's it? No comic Yondu, no Martinex or Starhawk, no BAF Charlie-27. 

Yeah, but I definitely don't see them happening outside of maybe Yondu or Starhawk, at least that Vance Astro can pull double duty.  

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Some Dope 90's Art. 

See the source image

I agree, that is an awesome double cover of which I have the comic series. But do you see aa ton of leather jackets on them asides from Havok  or the Liefield vests full of pockets  & giant shoulder pads?  The Jim Lee X-Men updates were good,  That Shaman look was nasty though.  Only characters in that pic who I wouldn't buy a figure of are the New Warriors as I never cared for them, 90s Havok, Shaman & that smart Hulk

36 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I agree, that is an awesome double cover of which I have the comic series. But do you see aa ton of leather jackets on them asides from Havok  or the Liefield vests full of pockets  & giant shoulder pads?  The Jim Lee X-Men updates were good,  That Shaman look was nasty though.  Only characters in that pic who I wouldn't buy a figure of are the New Warriors as I never cared for them, 90s Havok, Shaman & that smart Hulk

Where is Shaman in that picture? I don’t see him and am curious since you have such a distaste for “his look” in this shot

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Where is Shaman in that picture? I don’t see him and am curious since you have such a distaste for “his look” in this shot

I think that's supposed to be him behind Captain America and Storm. He wore a weird low-cut black onesie around that time, if I'm not mistaken.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Benn said:

I think that's supposed to be him behind Captain America and Storm. He wore a weird low-cut black onesie around that time, if I'm not mistaken.

Gotcha. I’ve googled it after you described it. You are correct, that is nasty

Ahh yes, "The Crossing" where a bunch of Avengers got costumes they wore for about two months.

That said, not all of them were bad.  Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were standouts, IMO.

Thor's redesign was distilled 90's in a way that's almost "so bad it's good."

But regardless, Force Works is probably never gonna be finished (I'd be real surprised to see Century get a fig anytime soon).

I think Swordsman might get made, but a classic Mantis is probably a really long way off.

The Avengers as a whole are probably impossible to ever complete as they contain half the Marvel Universe in their membership (most of the other half being X-Men), including a few pretty dang obscure characters (Living Lightning, Firebird, Triathlon, Silverclaw, etc...).  Plus they add new members all the time.

They're not as much a "team" so much as a "succession of individuals" but I despair of ever getting all or even most of the Heralds of Galactus.

The Imperial Guard is never going to get even close (and that's assuming we get any other members beyond Gladiator and probably Fang (as a headswap option with an inevitable "Fang Uniform Wolverine").

While I wouldn't be totally surprised to get Sebastian Shaw, Selene, and a "proper" White Queen and Maaaaaybe at a stretch Donald Pierce I really doubt we'd ever get many/any others of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club.

The Acolytes are never even going to get close to done (if they even get started at all), though they might manage to knock out a couple or few of the most prominent/popular members.

13 hours ago, Gigantor said:

You said 90's art. I wouldn't mind a smart hulk from infinity gauntlet saga. Also I love the 90's Thanos. Probably my favorite. The artist really captures his Sinister and toughness. 

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

You said 90's art. I wouldn't mind a smart hulk from infinity gauntlet saga. Also I love the 90's Thanos. Probably my favorite. The artist really captures his Sinister and toughness. 

In the 90s, Ron Lim was the definitive artist for Thanos & the Silver Surfer. Byrne & Perez was the next best artists on drawing an awesome SS. Starlin, Lim & Perez drew the best classic Thanos ever. Jim Lee X-Men costumes excluded, the majority of 90s costumes were not great imo.  Especially the outfits of many Avengers & X-Factor.  The "Crossing" Avengers outfits were atrocious, Force works had bad looks as well. That IM armor is one of my least favorites of all his various armors. My top 4 IM armors of all time are:

r9kk8LH.jpg

MNO1YxP.jpg

KcETwrQ.jpg

Classic War Machine & I would be done collecting comic based ML IM figs with these 4.

JSzt20K.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 5:46 AM, Jmacq1 said:

While I wouldn't be totally surprised to get Sebastian Shaw, Selene, and a "proper" White Queen and Maaaaaybe at a stretch Donald Pierce I really doubt we'd ever get many/any others of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club.

Great. Now I want a Harry Leland BAF.

It really is criminal how we haven't gotten most of the Hellfire Club (save for Black Queen from a decade ago and that fugly White Queen from the Annihilus Wave), most of the Morlocks (save for Caliban, whose BAF doesn't even match what I think of when I think of the character), most of the Imperial Guard (save for Gladiator and the Fang body from Puma), most of the Shi'ar (save for the Lilandra HEAD), most of the Reavers (save for Skullbuster and the older Lady Deathstryke), most of the Marauders (save for Sabretooth), and some of the important Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (we still need updates of Toad...from all the way back to Marvel Legends Series 1, Avalanche, Blob. We need Destiny, Mastermind).

I'm just glad we've gotten updates in the better bucks for Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Sabretooth, Apocalypse, Sasquatch, Wendigo and Marvel Legends for Gladiator, Sauron.

Now if only we can just stop having 3 Deadpools in the Deadpool waves.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, Gigantor said:

How about a classic adam warlock, drax, puck, moon dragon and gamora? Starfire to complete the spidey and iceman trio?

12 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

How about a classic adam warlock, drax, puck, moon dragon and gamora? Starfire to complete the spidey and iceman trio?

Puck is already done. Classic Adam Warlock is a must.  An 80s Spiderman/Firestar/Iceman 3 pack is a must , especially due to that split head Iceman they made that I refuse to buy.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

An 80s Spiderman/Firestar/Iceman 3 pack is a must , especially due to that split head Iceman they made that I refuse to buy.

I have a feeling this is coming sooner than later. With the release of Disney+ Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends is widely available to a lot of new people, and, anecdotally, I have heard from a lot of people watching it for the first time or revisiting it with affection. Plus, it would cost almost nothing for Hasbro to make. The only new mold would be Firestar's head (ideally). The rest is all repaints of previously released figures.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, daveysockrocker said:

I doubt we'll see the rest of the New Warriors. Speedball is a longshot even with him being the long time face of the team, but IDK about the rest.

Given we already have Nova, Night Trasher and Rage, it is highly likely we will see the New Warriors done. Also no-one is a longshot in marvel legends these days.