Teams that will never be complete?

tarot

If they do make Namorita, I'd like her in her traditional iridescent green fish scale  bikini or onesie. Now this is one female fig you wont hear me harping on about not being "robust" enough because she's on the slender side anyway. But not spindly (actually they've changed this girl so much, from small to tall to blue to queen to whatever that I don't think she has a "normal" anymore). Her ponytail should rotate too; I've seen some collectors twist off this kind of thing, not realizing they were static until it was too late.

They've pretty much completed this team already....this is one figure I'd definitively pick up! 

sm nita.jpg

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

In terms of a current team I am almost satisfied with being "complete" would be Alpha Flight, I however would love if we could just get Marrina and I'd be cool because that would be the O.G's, but it would be a dream to also get Talisman, Diamond Lil, Box and Purple Girl , I'd take every member but... let's be real even the above mentioned are a tough sell I'd say

You're right, by themselves those wouldn't fly; I'd bet that even amongst most Alpha Flight fans, theyre happy with the core group that's already been out now. But there's a fix to this.

-A second Alpha Flight box set....Marrina, Talisman, Box and a re-done Guardian. This time with an appropriate head and "promised" red metallic paint.

OR- 3 pack with Guardian, Box, and Marinna

OR-  a Box BAF wave, with Guardian (suit effects, Box head, Wendigo head from X-Men) , Marinna (r Leg, water effects), Talisman (Torso, magic effects), re-done Snowbird with CORRECT cape and sky blue color scheme (Arms), Master of the World (l Leg).

Hey, the team may never be complete....but we're trying!

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

You're right, by themselves those wouldn't fly; I'd bet that even amongst most Alpha Flight fans, theyre happy with the core group that's already been out now. But there's a fix to this.

-A second Alpha Flight box set....Marrina, Talisman, Box and a re-done Guardian. This time with an appropriate head and "promised" red metallic paint.

OR- 3 pack with Guardian, Box, and Marinna

OR-  a Box BAF wave, with Guardian (suit effects, Box head, Wendigo head from X-Men) , Marinna (r Leg, water effects), Talisman (Torso, magic effects), re-done Snowbird with CORRECT cape and sky blue color scheme (Arms), Master of the World (l Leg).

Hey, the team may never be complete....but we're trying!

I would love a 2nd Alpha Flight Box set, but sadly I doubt that would happen, I mean lucky enough we got a set at all, it stil seems like a dream

But a new 6 fIg box set with Marinna, Talisman, Box, Diamond Lil, Purple Girl and Goblyn (to be basically the puck in the pack to retain the same value) would be insanely good, don't get me wrong I wish that Guardian was the metallic paint version, and by god I wish he had an alt head, but I now like that his red paint goes with Vindicator , as for Master of the World, I'd so rather have Dreamqueen as far as villains go or perhaps half villain/half hero Nemesis

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I wish that Guardian was the metallic paint version, and by god I wish he had an alt head, but I now like that his red paint goes with Vindicator , as for Master of the World, I'd so rather have Dreamqueen as far as villains go or perhaps half villain/half hero Nemesis

See, I don't understand why Guardian would have metallic paint. When has his costume ever been depicted as metallic? But, I do wish he and Vindicator matched better. Maybe mine are a fluke, but my Guardian has a much lighter red than Vindicator, and it bothers me every time I look at the two of them.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

See, I don't understand why Guardian would have metallic paint. When has his costume ever been depicted as metallic? But, I do wish he and Vindicator matched better. Maybe mine are a fluke, but my Guardian has a much lighter red than Vindicator, and it bothers me every time I look at the two of them.

Depending on the colouring, the red on his costume does shine a lot more than the white, so it could be seen as Metallic. Also it looks better than the flat red

5 hours ago, Benn said:

When Guardian was announced as a figure, the first release pics were of him in a chrome/metallic look. The final release didn't have it. They slapped on a sloppy deco job, and the red they used just looks cheap.

Many fans were looking forward to that chrome version. Is it mandatory? No. But it sure would've helped this figure from being so blah.  And don't get me started on that face sculpt.

A lot of people like this guy, I think theyd be jazzed to get a decent re-do. Tie that improved version to a wave or box set, and I think fans would love it.

gv.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 3:18 PM, tarot said:

The one piece is the most likely. Plus when they do her, they can use it again for Marina, Namora, Dorma etc.

She breaks my rule of no sidekicks/copy cats.  Generally I cant stand "kid/female version of" type characters. No to Batgirl, even more no to Batwoman. No to Supergirl, etc. ( in fact DC seems to be the worst offender of this trope). 

Kate Bishop is a no-go too. Cant stand Bucky, 3rd rate rip-off of Robin. Toro I'm meh on.

But I did like Robin (Dick), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), and really like Miles Morales. Namorita gets in there, and even Namora from Agents of Atlas. Now theres a team I'd like to see, but none of them have ever been Marvel Legends so they don't fit the "teams never completed" theme.

agents-of-atlas-1.jpg

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

When Guardian was announced as a figure, the first release pics were of him in a chrome/metallic look. The final release didn't have it. They slapped on a sloppy deco job, and the red they used just looks cheap.

Many fans were looking forward to that chrome version. Is it mandatory? No. But it sure would've helped this figure from being so blah.  And don't get me started on that face sculpt.

A lot of people like this guy, I think theyd be jazzed to get a decent re-do. Tie that improved version to a wave or box set, and I think fans would love it.

gv.jpg

Yeah, I know they initially previewed this guy with metallic paint (and also a different bodysculpt, if I remember correctly), and I agree the figure has issues. I'm just not sure why people are specifically so hung up on the paint being metallic, since that would seem not to reflect any comic depiction of the character. The weird bright orange-red is definitely all wrong, but I think just a darker shade of red would've gone a long way.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

"Yeah, I know they initially previewed this guy with metallic paint (and also a different bodysculpt, if I remember correctly), and I agree the figure has issues. I'm just not sure why people are specifically so hung up on the paint being metallic, since that would seem not to reflect any comic depiction of the character...".

The pictures I posted are from the comics and other formats used over the years that show they do reflect a "metallic" sheen on the outfit. And if you look at the last picture there it wasn't a different body buck. Far as the paint scheme goes, again, No, it doesn't "have" to be "metallic" but there it is. That's how a lot of fans think of him, and judging from the initial press releases from Hasbro, that's what they thought too. Why they changed from that to what we actually have, I couldn't tell you.

Sometimes the prototype shown is not what we get and that's gonna be a good thing for the new Storm that's coming- the first pic showed her cape cuffs as black when theyre supposed to be yellow, and they may change her figure from the deflated scrawny thing they showed, to a more robust form she's supposed to have. Who knows if they'll actually come through... 

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The pictures I posted are from the comics and other formats used over the years that show they do reflect a "metallic" sheen on the outfit. And if you look at the last picture there it wasn't a different body buck. Far as the paint scheme goes, again, No, it doesn't "have" to be "metallic" but there it is. That's how a lot of fans think of him, and judging from the initial press releases from Hasbro, that's what they thought too. Why they changed from that to what we actually have, I couldn't tell you.

Sometimes the prototype shown is not what we get and that's gonna be a good thing for the new Storm that's coming- the first pic showed her cape cuffs as black when theyre supposed to be yellow, and they may change her figure from the deflated scrawny thing they showed, to a more robust form she's supposed to have. Who knows if they'll actually come through... 

I'm not trying to make a big thing of it. It just blows my mind how passionate people are about getting an inaccurate feature, especially when there are apparently several other renditions out there that already have that treatment. The one picture you posted from a comic doesn't look metallic at all, just dark red.

18 hours ago, leokearon said:

Warstar would be the only Imperial Guard member I would get (along with Hickman's Smasher)

But there are so many AWESOME designs...

Oracle, Tempest, Electron, Starbolt (could reuse the AOA SUNFIRE body) Manta, Hussar....any from X-men 137 would be great! 

I had to look up Hickmans Smasher. 

Of course my love for Cosmic X-Men stories knows no bounds. I'd love some STARJAMMERS and Vulcan as well. 

fDYOpaAN_0405140546431.jpg

5 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

But there are so many AWESOME designs...

Oracle, Tempest, Electron, Starbolt (could reuse the AOA SUNFIRE body) Manta, Hussar....any from X-men 137 would be great! 

I had to look up Hickmans Smasher. 

Of course my love for Cosmic X-Men stories knows no bounds. I'd love some STARJAMMERS and Vulcan as well. 

fDYOpaAN_0405140546431.jpg

To be honest, I've never been massive on the Imperial Guard. But still they wouldn't be the worst team to be made

Hey I was thinking they had been chipping along with finishing the Serpent Society but actually there's only four done that I can think of: Cobra, Cottonmouth, Eel, and the star of any show, Rock Python. They've not done any of the female members to date, I know the  Viper (aka Madame Hydra) was done (way back) , but I'm not counting her. The Constrictor was also done a long while back, so I'm not counting him (though I hope when/if they do,they'll give him those cool translucent coils the 4" version had) either. Or, do you all think since they already did Rock Python, there's no need to finish out the team, since he's the only reason to even get them, right?

serpent-society-1m.jpg

On 5/17/2020 at 12:43 PM, Benn said:

I'm not trying to make a big thing of it. It just blows my mind how passionate people are about getting an inaccurate feature, especially when there are apparently several other renditions out there that already have that treatment. The one picture you posted from a comic doesn't look metallic at all, just dark red.

I’m with you, Guardian never seemed to be metallic as I have interpreted him. Does this go in the same category as Storm and her is it black or white costume.? I remember seeing an issue where Guardian was battle damaged and it appeared to me his costume was cloth over some sort of mechanical mesh. 

But nothing on the Guardian figure is a negative for me. I don’t mind his red, that he is different color than Vindicator ( feel this was done on purpose, though I don’t know why) and kinda think his head sculpt is awesome. Granted I am not a big Guardian fan, maybe these things would bother me more if I were.

i get it somewhat with the costume accuracy, I don’t love the (plastic) cloth part that hangs below the Black Knights belt, I get that it’s comic accurate but I loved his costume completely when he ditched that and the winged helmet. In fact, that part bugged me so bad I customized a second figure without it and this is my go to display BK. But colors, not such a big deal for me. 

It would be nice if we all got the figures we want in the ideal costumes / colors, but now more than ever it is more possible that we can get more than one version.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 6:37 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I Consider my Jim Lee X-Men team complete. Obviously you can continue building but I would consider the 90's animated series roster complete. (Especially cause Morph was in like 2 episodes and not truly part of the team in the comics). Additionally the Core-Avengers are complete. Again this is some thing that you can choose how big it gets and will always get bigger. 

Teams we have Completed: 

All new, All different Avengers,

Heroic Age Avengers.

Fantastic Four.

OG Defenders.

Street Level Defenders.

Code Red.

Thunderbolts. 

X-Men (Jim Lee). 

The Core Avengers. 

The Wrecking Crew.

Guardians of the Galaxy.