Teams that will never be complete?

tarot

• 4 weeks later...

How ironic that of all the teams mentioned on this topic, Eternals is almost never listed, and yet with the upcoming MCU figures is the one that's basically complete. DAYYYUUMMM GINA (Hasbro) at least give us the Inhumans! You came close with the 3.75" set and Triton. Way past time to bring it on home, 6" style.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

How ironic that of all the teams mentioned on this topic, Eternals is almost never listed, and yet with the upcoming MCU figures is the one that's basically complete. DAYYYUUMMM GINA (Hasbro) at least give us the Inhumans! You came close with the 3.75" set and Triton. Way past time to bring it on home, 6" style.

The Eternals aren't a team , the just have some members of their race more prominent than others; at least with the Inhumans everyone means the Royal Family which is sort of like a team

13 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm going to throw it out there and say the Invaders will never be finished just because I don't see them doing Spitfire, Jim Hammond Torch, Toro or remaking the 40s Bucky. I hope I'm proven wrong as I love the Invaders but I don't think they're much of a priority. 

Baron Blood would be a must do if they ever do make the Invaders, along with the Whizzer! Invaders Boxset anyone?

On 1/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, Atlantis said:

A box set Inhumans would be nice but since I already have 6 inch Black Bolt and Medusa maybe 6inch Gorgon, Triton and Karnak would be better. Or a couple 2packs and add Lockjaw to one of them. Inhumans have been a long time coming at least for me.

On 1/6/2021 at 4:44 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm going to throw it out there and say the Invaders will never be finished just because I don't see them doing Spitfire, Jim Hammond Torch, Toro or remaking the 40s Bucky. I hope I'm proven wrong as I love the Invaders but I don't think they're much of a priority. 

I too hope you're wrong but it really wouldn't take that much to make the Invaders (see my other plugs for an entire Golden Age wave and/or box set).

Hasbro has steadily re-made most of the old Toybiz figures and is chopping down the earliest releases from when they took the Legends line over; its been awhile since we got a Captain America wave. Even if they don't do that, its pretty likely in the near future they're gonna do a WWII first appearance Cap, along with Bucky. The Sub-Mariner would be an easy task and they could tinker with the Walgreens Torch for the original Human Torch. Just an idea here, but using the Miles Spider-Man from the old Venom wave as a base they could come up with Toro. There's the core team. For the others, they've already done Union Jack. Spitfire is an easy tweak on the upcoming Firestar figure. So don't give up hope.

Spitfire-Marvel-Comics-Invaders-Jacqueline-Falsworth-2-c.jpg

Future X-Men waves need to start sprinkling in core classic members of the Imperial Guard. It's BS that they just made their leader, Gladiator & that's it! Stop wasting slots on umpteenth Wolverines, Cyclops, Jean Greys, Storms from every storyline imaginable. Where are the Starjammers as well. Redo classic Havoc utilizing that all Black Xavier buck. Give us long overdue classic  Angel & Banshee already.

17 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Had the Inhumans show not bombed I guarantee we would've gotten most of the remaining Royals by now.

Also the books bombed pretty hard, aside from Ms Marvel, the rest have been pretty much been forgotten about aside from Ms Marvel, Moon Girl & DD, and Lockjaw 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:00 PM, watanabefan said:

Had the Inhumans show not bombed I guarantee we would've gotten most of the remaining Royals by now.

You may be right, but the one shouldn't have anything to do with the other. The show was utter drek, but at the same time bore little resemblance to the comic; even if it did, I can't see where action collectors would not want these figures. They're very often on the "wish lists" throughout forums like this, and especially if they did a box set or BAF wave with Lockjaw, that would sell very well.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

You may be right, but the one shouldn't have anything to do with the other. The show was utter drek, but at the same time bore little resemblance to the comic; even if it did, I can't see where action collectors would not want these figures. They're very often on the "wish lists" throughout forums like this, and especially if they did a box set or BAF wave with Lockjaw, that would sell very well.

I don't think it's so much that people don't want them, just that particular show did some major damage to the baseline desire to have them. They're an established part of Marvel history, they're just not a very interesting part of it's history. Support characters at best. There are certain ones that I want ASAP, like Crystal or Karnak (modern), but seriously, I could wait on the rest. Most of them could easily be done as simple fillers in Avengers or FF waves. Now, if they wanted to do one of those waves heavy with Inhumans and Lockjaw as the BAF, I think that would go over pretty well. I mean there's not actually that many left in the Royal Family anyway. What is there left after Black Bolt and Medusa, I mean the ones that anyone really cares about? We got Gorgon, which could be done with a few tweaks to the Omega Red mold, Triton...glue a fin on any number of existing bucks and call it good, it's a wonder Crystal hasn't been done yet, but that one would be easy enough on one of several female buck, but they'll probably use the Kate Bishop buck, but whatever.

I think they will get done eventually, especially with Lockjaw pushing the wave as a BAF. I just think there's still a few characters that are on the To-Do list before then.

About Triton, he is another easy one to make. Just put him on the Goblin build with new hand, feet and head. most of the rest can just be paint. 

Classic Karnak is another easy one that can use either the Pizza Spidey or the 2099 buck with a new head. I would go Pizza as he is shorter then most.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, Atlantis said:

I too hope you're wrong but it really wouldn't take that much to make the Invaders (see my other plugs for an entire Golden Age wave and/or box set).

Hasbro has steadily re-made most of the old Toybiz figures and is chopping down the earliest releases from when they took the Legends line over; its been awhile since we got a Captain America wave. Even if they don't do that, its pretty likely in the near future they're gonna do a WWII first appearance Cap, along with Bucky. The Sub-Mariner would be an easy task and they could tinker with the Walgreens Torch for the original Human Torch. Just an idea here, but using the Miles Spider-Man from the old Venom wave as a base they could come up with Toro. There's the core team. For the others, they've already done Union Jack. Spitfire is an easy tweak on the upcoming Firestar figure. So don't give up hope.

Spitfire-Marvel-Comics-Invaders-Jacqueline-Falsworth-2-c.jpg

I absolutely agree that the tooling is all there and it could easily be done but I don't see it for a while. Especially since it seems, at least to me, that Hasbro is more 90s and film focused for the time being. It would be cool to see an entire wave dedicated to wwii with a build a figure of maybe U-Man or Iron Cross but I don't likely see that. I'm not giving up hope for it but we'll see what happens. 

• 4 months later...

For a while, we were lacking the core members of the Reavers, but with Skullbuster who comes with a Reese head sculpt, Donald Pierce & Yuriko, we're getting closer to having the Reavers in 6' form.  We just need Cole , Macon, Pretty Boy & Bonebreaker.

Hopefully I can find Yuriko when she hits the pegs next week.

HqNOHZF.jpg9Ezjksm.jpg