Jump to content
tarot

Teams that will never be complete?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i agree that the wrecking crew really could use a do-over.  I think Bulldozer might be OK but the other 3 definitely need to be tackled again.  Not that they are a top priority but would like to be able to assemble the secret wars villain roster one day.  

1281919160_Wreckingcrewthunderball-8.thumb.jpg.6829d665a170cce8eddeefef038b10ad.jpgThis is wrong on so many scales (pun intended), in what alternate Marvel earth has T-ball been as tall as the Hulk??1825068433_Wreckerouttascale.thumb.jpg.914cdc2c9d2008fe7ff724c86f4b6046.jpg How bout Wrecker? When was he ever an 8 footer? Hasbro just phoned in that Wrecking crew to fill out a few waves by using an existing, out dated, outta scale, awful buck with whack POA 2010 T-Bird figure.  Bottom line, Wrecking crew rates & deserves a redo utilizing the numerous larger guy (6'4-6'6) bucks that they have been using for Hyperion/Gladiator, Thor, Herc & Super Skrull. Those are the bucks that Hasbro has to redo the Crew in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tarot said:

Here's another question. Do you guy prefer getting a full roster or would you mind if Hasbro only did the core members?

for example the Alpha Flight box set gave us the full core roster of AF. Sure we want Marina and Box but they aren't really who you think of when you think of AF, mostly the ones we got already.

If I was to use another example, the Defenders have pretty much gotten their core members, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver surfer, Namor, Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat. I wouldn't mind them doing ther rest but they are just add-ons. 

Squadron has gotten 3 members and if they do Spectrum and Power Princess I would happy, not needing the rest.

 

For the Avengers I want them all. As my Avengers collection has grown I have been accidentally building other teams. For those I am fine with just the core members

i love the Alpha Flight box set and would at least like Marrina but if no other character gets made I am fine

same with the FF, T-Bolts, Defenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, McHogan said:

For the Avengers I want them all. As my Avengers collection has grown I have been accidentally building other teams. For those I am fine with just the core members

i love the Alpha Flight box set and would at least like Marrina but if no other character gets made I am fine

same with the FF, T-Bolts, Defenders. 

But man are some of the avengers going to be a tough sell. I was SHOCKED when they announced Ex Nihilo. Visually he is odd, as a character he is pretty lame. Will be years if ever before choices like Synapse, Pod, StarBrand, etc get made. Especially when ones people actually want like Firestar, Justice, Swordsman, Classic WonderMan have yet to make the cut.

but.. just as Ex Nihilo was a one in a million release eventually some other character of his status will get a release. And I will buy it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about the Avengers is, more then the X-men, F4, Defenders................well any team, is that you will be very hard pressed to find a big name characters that hasn't been an avenger at some point. It's the more obscure and hardly used one that will be a hard sell. Swordsman for instance, even though he seemed to be returning in Empyre, will be hard to convince people to buy. 

If we do get him, it should be a 2-pack with Mantis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, the 70s-80s Perez Avengers will always be the be all & end all  as far as great characters & in this pic alone, we still haven't gotten long over due re-dos of Yellowjacket, Perez Beast, Mantis, Swordsman, Clint Barton as Goliath & 1st app Wonderman!

9yKbbnX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tarot said:

The thing about the Avengers is, more then the X-men, F4, Defenders................well any team, is that you will be very hard pressed to find a big name characters that hasn't been an avenger at some point. It's the more obscure and hardly used one that will be a hard sell. Swordsman for instance, even though he seemed to be returning in Empyre, will be hard to convince people to buy. 

If we do get him, it should be a 2-pack with Mantis.

I think the Swordsman has enough long time fans to warrant a Legend, based on his classic status alone. Add that to the popularity of the Gatherers version ( at least in terms of that storyline) he could make a compelling release. 

Up until when Hickman run of Avengers they were mostly A-B level heroes with the occasional C or  D mixed in. This run had some E and F level heroes thrown in just for a storyline. 

Doubt we will ever see Manifold, Smasher or Kaluu as Legends. If they EVER get represented it would be in a random single release ala Ex Nihilo or in a themed 2 or 3 pack. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I agree that nearly every major NAME hero has been an Avenger. That’s  how my legends collection has grown in recent years. Grabbing members of the XMen, defenders, FF that are also Avengers has made me accidentally add more Marvel Teams to my collection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, Gigantor said:

Oh no! That outta scale Wrecking crew on that horrendous & outdated 2010 Warpath buck have got to be redone in the correct scale bucks! They can utilize the buck they used for Super Skrull. Only Wrecker would need new tooling due to having a jacket type uniform. The other members have cookie cutter costumes that require just new head sculpt along with new enlarged forearms/hands for Piledriver.

The topic was about completed teams. The wrecking Crew is a completed team. 

And the wrecking crew is definitely too tall. We have lots of figures that are out of scale:

Figures that are too short:

Hawkeye, Cyclops, Us Agent. Ironman( Statically supposed to be as tall as Thor, Look it up), Magneto, Lasher, Superior Venom, Beta ray bill(supposed to be 1" taller than thor), Etc.

Figures that are too tall: 

The Wrecking Crew, Rhino, Sentry(should be on Bucky mold), Heroic Age/Modern Thor(Just as out of scale as the Wrecking Crew). The new grey hulk( generally drawn shorter than other versions of hulk),  Ares(supposed to be shorter and wider than Captain America, look it up). Etc.

If I have to pick between a bigger wrecking crew and a smaller one, i'll take the bigger baddies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

The topic was about completed teams. The wrecking Crew is a completed team. 

And the wrecking crew is definitely too tall. We have lots of figures that are out of scale:

Figures that are too short:

Hawkeye, Cyclops, Us Agent. Ironman( Statically supposed to be as tall as Thor, Look it up), Magneto, Lasher, Superior Venom, Beta ray bill(supposed to be 1" taller than thor), Etc.

Figures that are too tall: 

The Wrecking Crew, Rhino, Sentry(should be on Bucky mold), Heroic Age/Modern Thor(Just as out of scale as the Wrecking Crew). The new grey hulk( generally drawn shorter than other versions of hulk),  Ares(supposed to be shorter and wider than Captain America, look it up). Etc.

If I have to pick between a bigger wrecking crew and a smaller one, i'll take the bigger baddies. 

You forgot to add Kingpin as being too big, he's 6'7 not 7'7.  I could give a fig about Superior Venom, I just go with classic Eddie Brock Venom , not the umpteenth 13th different Venom Marvel has made the past 30yrs. Grey Hulk was just 6'6 so yeah, I never bothered to get that new Grey Hulk. Even the classic Green Hulk in the 2 pack is too big, shoulda been an inch to half inch shorter. Ironman has never been drawn as being as tall as Thor so it's pretty ignorant of Marvel to have listed him in armor as being 6'6. Tony is 6ft, in armor, the most he should gain in hgt is 2 inches & be 6'2. Not like his armors have platform heels.  He's also never been drawn as towering over Cap who's 6'2, they are always drawn as being the same hgt. Very glad Hasbro did the 80th anniv classic IM in his correct scale & not Thor's hgt. I like to believe that Hasbro will re-do a new US Agent at a slightly bigger scale than 80th anniv Cap. That's why I dislike artists that take artistic license with character's hgts & make em bigger than their listed hgts cuz then everyone new to comics thinks that's how big their figure should be.  Artists such as George Perez & John Byrne, my all time 2 fav comic artists, were always very detailed & true to the listed hgts of Marvel's characters. Nowadays, today's artists basically have zero respect for keeping certain characters at their listed hgts.  Perez was the best at drawing characters in proper & correct scale to one another.  This is how Thor/Cap/Ironman should look when standing next to each other, IM has never been drawn as being 6'6!

DMtG2L0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

You forgot to add Kingpin as being too big, he's 6'7 not 7'7.  I could give a fig about Superior Venom, I just go with classic Eddie Brock Venom , not the umpteenth 13th different Venom Marvel has made the past 30yrs. Grey Hulk was just 6'6 so yeah, I never bothered to get that new Grey Hulk. Even the classic Green Hulk in the 2 pack is too big, shoulda been an inch to half inch shorter. Ironman has never been drawn as being as tall as Thor so it's pretty ignorant of Marvel to have listed him in armor as being 6'6. Tony is 6ft, in armor, the most he should gain in hgt is 2 inches & be 6'2. Not like his armors have platform heels.  He's also never been drawn as towering over Cap who's 6'2, they are always drawn as being the same hgt. Very glad Hasbro did the 80th anniv classic IM in his correct scale & not Thor's hgt. I like to believe that Hasbro will re-do a new US Agent at a slightly bigger scale than 80th anniv Cap. That's why I dislike artists that take artistic license with character's hgts & make em bigger than their listed hgts cuz then everyone new to comics thinks that's how big their figure should be.  Artists such as George Perez & John Byrne, my all time 2 fav comic artists, were always very detailed & true to the listed hgts of Marvel's characters. Nowadays, today's artists basically have zero respect for keeping certain characters at their listed hgts.  Perez was the best at drawing characters in proper & correct scale to one another.  This is how Thor/Cap/Ironman should look when standing next to each other, IM has never been drawn as being 6'6!

DMtG2L0.jpg

ACTUALLY. In their earlier iterations they all were drawn very closely together. And my point that was missed is that the scale is all over the place. 

See the source image c0782eacae6120a9bc5d7758351233f0.jpgAnd for a few time thor was drawn pretty close in scale with hulk. Also if you think about it. his boots are probably very similar to platform shoes as they requires thruster for fight to fit inside of them. 5465101-4072197235-32365.jpgBut i'm always not the one complaining about scale. just stating the their are a lot of figures and that need to be re-scaled that likely won't be.  

 

Also I didn't forget anything, please not the "ETC" and the end of each list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

You forgot to add Kingpin as being too big, he's 6'7 not 7'7.  I could give a fig about Superior Venom, I just go with classic Eddie Brock Venom , not the umpteenth 13th different Venom Marvel has made the past 30yrs. Grey Hulk was just 6'6 so yeah, I never bothered to get that new Grey Hulk. Even the classic Green Hulk in the 2 pack is too big, shoulda been an inch to half inch shorter. Ironman has never been drawn as being as tall as Thor so it's pretty ignorant of Marvel to have listed him in armor as being 6'6. Tony is 6ft, in armor, the most he should gain in hgt is 2 inches & be 6'2. Not like his armors have platform heels.  He's also never been drawn as towering over Cap who's 6'2, they are always drawn as being the same hgt. Very glad Hasbro did the 80th anniv classic IM in his correct scale & not Thor's hgt. I like to believe that Hasbro will re-do a new US Agent at a slightly bigger scale than 80th anniv Cap. That's why I dislike artists that take artistic license with character's hgts & make em bigger than their listed hgts cuz then everyone new to comics thinks that's how big their figure should be.  Artists such as George Perez & John Byrne, my all time 2 fav comic artists, were always very detailed & true to the listed hgts of Marvel's characters. Nowadays, today's artists basically have zero respect for keeping certain characters at their listed hgts.  Perez was the best at drawing characters in proper & correct scale to one another.  This is how Thor/Cap/Ironman should look when standing next to each other, IM has never been drawn as being 6'6!

DMtG2L0.jpg

He is a great shot of them look damn near the same in every category and if you know how depth perception works, Cap and Iron would actually be bigger if they were all on the same plain. iron-man-thor-captain-america.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, but when stood shoulder to shoulder looked at eye level, their hgt differences are accurately displayed,  regardless of depth perception, if you're 6'2 & the guy next to you is 6'6, he's still always gonna be taller regardless of the angles of the pics taken. 

Here's another piece of great artwork that shows them at their accurate hgts. Again, don't see a 6'6 IM in this drawing.

GbWbtEw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy you're going off track again. Team completions only. Scales and stuff are not what we're talking about. Okay. Go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

True, but when stood shoulder to shoulder looked at eye level, their hgt differences are accurately displayed,  regardless of depth perception, if you're 6'2 & the guy next to you is 6'6, he's still always gonna be taller regardless of the angles of the pics taken. 

Here's another piece of great artwork that shows them at their accurate hgts. Again, don't see a 6'6 IM in this drawing.

GbWbtEw.jpg

1. As I have stated and others have stated, this is about completed teams. We are getting off track.

2 They are "NOT" (Side by Side) in your photo. You can "Clearly" see iron man is behind Captain America. I am not going to agree with the "Marvel Handbook" recommend height of 6'6" for Iron Man. But I do like him and inkling taller than Cap (which is my subjective opinion) and technically isn't wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic 1st app Swordsman is a must to complete the late 60s, early 70s Avengers lineup!

tqVJs81.png

Q71ru3E.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur.

Unsure about Force Works- I could possibly see Hasbro making a Century figure; I don't know if they'll ever do Scarlet Witch and USAgent in their mid-1990s costumes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur.

Unsure about Force Works- I could possibly see Hasbro making a Century figure; I don't know if they'll ever do Scarlet Witch and USAgent in their mid-1990s costumes.

Ugh, hope not! Sorry but the 90s era of Marvel had the ugliest costumes of just bout any era imo. Majority of those Force Works outfits were atrocious to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Ugh, hope not! Sorry but the 90s era of Marvel had the ugliest costumes of just bout any era imo. Majority of those Force Works outfits were atrocious to say the least.

You are so right about the 90s costumes. If only they had stopped at bomber jackets for everyone. 

Force Works is A team I would not care if they never complete. As a kid I took it “personally “ when they canceled Avengers West Coast and this crap fest team their place. I realize it was essentially the same team but with the style of the artist on that book and the wildly different costumes for Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Us Agent it felt like a completely different team.

 

BA9D0FBF-02E1-4ABA-BE5E-AF738DC00F80.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... now thinking about the 90s terrible redesigns I would not hate it if Hasbro stays away from the Crossing era team

 

CC29E6BD-0D97-4D12-BB70-12CD51D4F409.png

E4D3D6E9-466E-4BCC-80F8-61975D2D57F4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Ugh, hope not! Sorry but the 90s era of Marvel had the ugliest costumes of just bout any era imo. Majority of those Force Works outfits were atrocious to say the least.

Well if your saying Jim Lees costumes are ugly, I think we have different ideas of whats good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Hmm... now thinking about the 90s terrible redesigns I would not hate it if Hasbro stays away from the Crossing era team

 

CC29E6BD-0D97-4D12-BB70-12CD51D4F409.png

E4D3D6E9-466E-4BCC-80F8-61975D2D57F4.jpeg

I love this stuff and want all of them!  But then, I also love unintentionally bad movies.  Don't get me wrong, those designs are varying degrees of hideous and they should absolutely never be brought back in the comics, but I love to remember and celebrate them for what they are, which is mostly over-the-top ridiculous.  I'd buy a whole wave of figures taken directly from that Crossing promotional piece.

Artistic styling aside, that Quicksilver uniform was the best look to date for him at the time, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I love this stuff and want all of them!  But then, I also love unintentionally bad movies.  Don't get me wrong, those designs are varying degrees of hideous and they should absolutely never be brought back in the comics, but I love to remember and celebrate them for what they are, which is mostly over-the-top ridiculous.  I'd buy a whole wave of figures taken directly from that Crossing promotional piece.

Artistic styling aside, that Quicksilver uniform was the best look to date for him at the time, I think.

Ok yes Quicksilvers costume is pretty great. I’d take him as a Legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Some Dope 90's Art. 

See the source image

 

Yeah this is a great snapshot of 90s Marvel. Pretty cool to see how many of these we have in our collection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE