Teams that will never be complete?

tarot

Hey, sorry to resurrect this thread but I wanted to add another team into the mix; that I haven't seen mentioned

The Runaways!

That Nico Minoru figure came out 4 years ago now and she's the only Runaway we have.

Still want the New Warriors and the Invaders completed too

Gladiator is the only Imperial Guard member ever made, I've given up hope that we'll ever see any other core members of that team.

They have yet to give us classic Starjammers.

Many members of the Masters of evil have yet to be made or need serious redos: Erik Josten aka Goliath, Blackout, Fixer,Moonstone, Mr Hyde, Titania, in scale/new bucks of the Wrecking crew, in scale Absorbing man, Executioner, Melter.

Asides from Hyperion, Nighthawk & Speed demon, no other classic core members of the Squadron Supreme have been done.

Still need more Serpent society members.

Reavers

Classic core members of the Marauders

Soviet Super Soldiers

6 hours ago, Dabboi said:

Hey, sorry to resurrect this thread but I wanted to add another team into the mix; that I haven't seen mentioned

The Runaways!

That Nico Minoru figure came out 4 years ago now and she's the only Runaway we have.

Still want the New Warriors and the Invaders completed too

I just think the overall outward design of these characters is really, really, really boring. Not that the character's stories or the comic was bad, I'm just not sure a buncha teens in plain clothes is really going to be all that well received. We all know what a flaming bag that Netflix train ride set was.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Sadly, Marvel Rising seems to have ran its course before even half the members of it's version of the Secret Warriors saw ML love. Even worse, with Agents of SHIELD ending, that makes it even LESS likely we'll ever see a Quake figure.

Never say never, after all if scene fillers can get figures, anyone can get one

11 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Gladiator is the only Imperial Guard member ever made, I've given up hope that we'll ever see any other core members of that team.

There's one member I can easily see them making. Fang. 

It'll be a Wolverine figure after he took Fang's costume, but it could have interchangeable heads so you could use him as the Imperial Guardsman.

11 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Squadron Supreme members from original core group

hz4UjSB.jpg

Modern/updated versions

JuYyXd3.jpg?1

I forgot how cool the SS was. I'd love a set of these guys. Whatever happened to Etail exclusives like Entertainment Earth and Robot Kingdom? An exclusive like this seems right up their alley. I'm sure they couldn't do the entire team but they could hit most of the basics.

1. Hyperion - redo not done on the Hyperion buck. The Odinson buck would be great.

2. Power Princess - on the Angela buck with retooled legs.

3. Doctor Spectrum - easy to do on any number of existing bucks.

4. Whizzer - same as above, probably pizza Spidey.

5. Lady Lark - there are a few female bucks but I'm sure they'd use the same tired Kate Bishop buck.

6. Shape - I mean why not. Some new parts would be cool, but at the very least they could re-hash some of the Mister Fantastic parts.

Edit: Forgot Nighthawk - easy repaint.

This is a niche thing mostly for collectors but there wouldn't be much cost associated. It's been a while since they've done something like this for the fans and it would be so easy.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

I forgot how cool the SS was. I'd love a set of these guys. Whatever happened to Etail exclusives like Entertainment Earth and Robot Kingdom? An exclusive like this seems right up their alley. I'm sure they couldn't do the entire team but they could hit most of the basics.

1. Hyperion - redo not done on the Hyperion buck. The Odinson buck would be great.

2. Power Princess - on the Angela buck with retooled legs.

3. Doctor Spectrum - easy to do on any number of existing bucks.

4. Whizzer - same as above, probably pizza Spidey.

5. Lady Lark - there are a few female bucks but I'm sure they'd use the same tired Kate Bishop buck.

6. Shape - I mean why not. Some new parts would be cool, but at the very least they could re-hash some of the Mister Fantastic parts.

Edit: Forgot Nighthawk - easy repaint.

This is a niche thing mostly for collectors but there wouldn't be much cost associated. It's been a while since they've done something like this for the fans and it would be so easy.

They also already have the Skrull head sculpt for Skymaster as well.  As you said, Hasbro can make a 7 figure deluxe boxset of the core members & sell it either on EE/Amazon/Robot Kingdom. Hasbro already has all the bucks they would need to do these guys, only new head sculpts would be needed. Same goes for the IG, Warstar would be the only character that would require an all new sculpt.

I was thinking about the '90s Brown Jacket Avengers roster. We've recently gotten the exclusive gray jumpsuit Black Widow with the brown jacket. There was a white Vision figure in a 3-pack with Ultron and Hulk, although that could probably stand to be redone. 

With The Eternals movie presumably coming out next year, we will probably see movie versions of Sersi and Black Knight, but could see comic book versions, too. All Black Knight would requite is alternate arms and the jacket piece over his torso instead of the cape, and swap out his Ebony Sword for the lightsaber-type thing. 

All that leaves is Hercules and Crystal. This isn't my preferred versions of either character, but it could happen eventually. 

Avengers.jpg

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I was thinking about the '90s Brown Jacket Avengers roster. We've recently gotten the exclusive gray jumpsuit Black Widow with the brown jacket. There was a white Vision figure in a 3-pack with Ultron and Hulk, although that could probably stand to be redone. 

With The Eternals movie presumably coming out next year, we will probably see movie versions of Sersi and Black Knight, but could see comic book versions, too. All Black Knight would requite is alternate arms and the jacket piece over his torso instead of the cape, and swap out his Ebony Sword for the lightsaber-type thing. 

All that leaves is Hercules and Crystal. This isn't my preferred versions of either character, but it could happen eventually. 

Avengers.jpg

No thanks, the Marvel 90s Jacket fever can stay in the 90s. Put a beard on that Herc & make him STAT Hasbro!

42 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Hasbro needs to do classic Havok in another X-Men retro wave along with classic Angel in either or both of his Red/White & Blue/White outfits. Both are long overdue! Let's not forget classic Banshee with alternate head sculpts.

Yes to all those (Though I would think Warren would probably be a deluxe like ArchangeL), throw in XTAS Morph and a Phoenix that doesn't look like Celine Dion and a villain and I would be happy with that Vintage line

17 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Hey, this isn't my preferred Avengers either, but I hardly have my finger on the pulse of what's popular. I don't want anything to do with '90s/Jim Lee or Outback/Silvestri era X-Men, but I'm clearly in the minority here.

Man I’m torn on both points here. Those jackets.....certainly were of their era.

but it was an era important to me. The Avengers were who they were at that time and “that time” was jackets, pockets and mullets.

id love all these characters in this era”s costumes. Preferably without the jackets but I would not hate it if they came with them. It seems of all the “jacket” Avengers, only Sersi and Black Knight made sense.

Mattel has done neat stuff with their Deluxe WWE figures where they include a (sleeveless ) jacket and include jacket arms for easy on or off options. Maybe this will be a Legends thing when appropriate 

23 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Hey, this isn't my preferred Avengers either, but I hardly have my finger on the pulse of what's popular. I don't want anything to do with '90s/Jim Lee or Outback/Silvestri era X-Men, but I'm clearly in the minority here.

Well it seems that Hasbro has done a great job of giving Jim Lee 90s X-men fans a great representation of the Blue & Gold teams along with X-Force & X- Factor & that's great as I'm a fan of those teams as well but not to the extent that I've collected any of the members of the latter 2 teams. I'm only getting Warpath & throwing him on the X-men as I've always been a big fan of the Proudstar brothers. I'd like to snag Strong Guy as well in the near future. 

46 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

You are not alone friend. I have no interest in those eras of Xmen either. But I am good with Hasbro releasing whatever, as I long as the line stays strong it will come around to my interests again eventually. 

I spent a LOT of money on MCU and Avengers stuff the past few years so it’s nice to not have to be concerned about the cash I’d have to come up with.