Falcon And Winter Solider Get Their Own Comic Book Series

JayC

Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson have both fought by Captain America’s side and taken on the mantle themselves. Now, as the Winter Soldier and Falcon, Cap's most trusted friends are going on their own adventure in their own series, FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER! Written by Derek Landy with art by Federico Vicentini, this high-stakes action spectacular will pit Bucky and Sam against the worst of Hydra in a pulse-pounding race to stop one of the terror group’s deadliest plans yet!

“I was given free-rein to do whatever I wanted with this book, so I took the opportunity to do a big, sprawling action-adventure that takes Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes across America, from an office filled with dead government agents in New York to a house in the suburbs stuffed with Captain America memorabilia to a secret Hydra base somewhere in Nevada...,” Landy reveals. “I wanted every issue to top the action of the issue before it, and with Federico Vicentini on art we're just about managing it! I have yet to write an action scene that Federico can't make a thousand times better with the sheer kineticism of his pencils. It's been an absolute blast — in more ways than one.”

The first issue of this action-packed new series hits comic shops on Wednesday, February 26 -- but you can get a sneak peek right now on marvel.com!

FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER #1 will also introduce the Marvel Universe to a brand new character, one who has a deep, and perhaps misguided, appreciation for all things Captain America! Prepare to meet The Natural, a skilled fighter that Landy describes as a “true fanboy… being led down the wrong path by the wrong people.”

Check out the Chinese New Year Variant cover below by artist Ziyian Liu and pick up the first issue of this action-packed new series on Wednesday, February 26th!

Retailers, final order cutoff for this debut issue is Monday, February 3rd!

FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER #1 (DEC190794)
Written by DEREK LANDY
Art by FEDERICO VICENTINI
Cover by DAN MORA
Chinese New Year Variant by ZIYIAN LIU (DEC190797)

Falcon-And-The-Winter-Soldier-01.jpg

11 hours ago, leokearon said:

Everyone is someone's favourite, as the saying goes

Understood, but when I here someone wanting a figure of a 1 panel costume app or 1 comic app & they're never seen again, that boils my blood.  Classic characters such as Hercules & Falcon have been needing long over due figures of their iconic costumes & yet lame characters such as Squirrel/Rabbit girl get made!  I hope the 32 fans of those characters are happy & content.  

23 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Understood, but when I here someone wanting a figure of a 1 panel costume app or 1 comic app & they're never seen again, that boils my blood.  Classic characters such as Hercules & Falcon have been needing long over due figures of their iconic costumes & yet lame characters such as Squirrel/Rabbit girl get made!  I hope the 32 fans of those characters are happy & content.  

Sadly it's the war between old and new. Hasbro can't please everyone,  some people want classic looks and classic characters others want looks and characters who are currently in the comics and shows. 

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

C'mon, Squirrel Girl is a fairly popular character in her own right. She had her own series since 2015 for almost 60 issues, and she has had plenty of appearances in media other than comics. Marvel was even going to use her to headline the New Warriors TV series despite not being a New Warrior herself in the comics.

12 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Classic versions  of characters that have been around for 25-50yrs should get done 1st, then I could give a fig what other 1 panel or 1 issue 1 hit character of the moment they wanna do.

Very dangerous idea and bad for business, with that critrea likes of Ms Marvel (Kamala), Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen wouldn't be done for ages, when they are currently some of Marvel's most popular characters. Also if that's the case both Squirrel Girl (1991)and White Rabbit (1983)are fine

18 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Classic versions  of characters that have been around for 25-50yrs should get done 1st, then I could give a fig what other 1 panel or 1 issue 1 hit character of the moment they wanna do.

Squirrel Girl has been around for 30 years, and has beaten Baron Mordo, Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Ego, Fin Fang Foom, Iron Man, Korvac, M.O.D.O.K., Wolverine, etc. I'm really confused what your specific resentment of her is.

18 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Image result for first appearance of squirrel girl

Then you would get this cracked out version of Squirrel girl..clearly you need to brush up on your reading. 

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Squirrel Girl has been around for 30 years, and has beaten Baron Mordo, Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Ego, Fin Fang Foom, Iron Man, Korvac, M.O.D.O.K., Wolverine, etc. I'm really confused what your specific resentment of her is.

You mean "the writers" have had her beat up these characters. Do you think an actual MCU movie of her beating up Ironman would fly?  Seriously, she beat an entire planet? Wow, you Squirrel girl fans are funny. And Kamala & Miles are just Token characters, nothing more, nothing less.

7 hours ago, Gigantor said:

You mean "the writers" have had her beat up these characters. Do you think an actual MCU movie of her beating up Ironman would fly?  Seriously, she beat an entire planet? Wow, you Squirrel girl fans are funny. And Kamala & Miles are just Token characters, nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe to you, but those are pretty popular characters to a lot of people so that kinda blows that theory out of the water. As for the writers, of course the writers. The writers are who make all these characters do anything. You do realize these are all fictional characters created by writers right?

7 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I'm not a Squirrel Girl fan, actually. I don't gravitate much toward comedy characters. I just find your sense of entitlement really stifling. And, yeah, given the popularity of Guardians of the Galaxy and Ragnarok, I can absolutely see movie-goers eating up Squirrel Girl's take-down of Iron Man in the MCU. It is, however, how she got her start.

7 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'm not a Squirrel Girl fan, actually. I don't gravitate much toward comedy characters. I just find your sense of entitlement really stifling. And, yeah, given the popularity of Guardians of the Galaxy and Ragnarok, I can absolutely see movie-goers eating up Squirrel Girl's take-down of Iron Man in the MCU. It is, however, how she got her start.

I do have to say that if she beat up Iron Man it would be kinda lame, but I doubt that is something we will see in the MCU.

6 minutes ago, Benn said:

And beating Thor & the Hulk at the same time too, right, movie goers would eat that up, right?  I have common sense, don't know bout that "sense of entitlement" though.