Marvel Legends Ultimate Riders Squirrel-Girl Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Ultimate Riders Squirrel-Girl figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Squirrel-Girl-11.JPG

Yes she was the cages ( Power Man / Power woman’s ) nanny. I could see it coming that they were planning on making her an Avenger of some sort due to her popularity ( somehow she has a fan following)  and I dreaded it. The best characterization I ever saw of her was during the Things last run of a singles comic ( lasted 7 issues or something ) and at a poker game he tells a Squirrel Girl story. He calls her adorable or something but made me love Ben more than the dumb story about her. 

guess over time she has defeated dr doom and maybe galactus. marvel REALLY wants us to love her. But I can’t help but feel it’s forced and have never really connected with her

but.... the figure of her is solid. Well sculpted and the best female buck I’ve seen recently. She is back heavy in hand, the tail is solid plastic but she stands in natural poses without the need for a stand which is a surprising bit of engineering. In a vacuum I really like this figure. In a larger world she is “ meh” at best. There is zero need for her to come with a scooter but 3 bonus squirrels are nice I guess

as an Avengers completist she was a must have. As a legends collector she is a necessary “evil” to complete the roster. MANY other characters I’d rather have but her box is checked and ready to move on to the next obscure Avenger.

4 hours ago, silverback said:

I vaguely remember this character from the Avengers comics, she was like a baby sitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones baby I think. Is she a mutant or what, don't remember her backstory?

As revealed in her own comic, she's is legally definitely not a mutant

I don't really agree with MCU Collector about the appeal of this character and why she was done in the Riders format. She's pretty well know especially with younger fans. I'd definitely put her popularity on par with America Chavez or the ultra force fed Kamala Khan. I suppose it would do just as well in a wave as a single pack as a Boom Boom  or Rock Python.

As far as the figure itself, it looks much better than the last prototype pics. As I suspected, the "Little Old Lady" look she had when we last saw her was more due to a bad paint job. She's already on pre-order for me, but it's nice to have some confirmation that she's not going to turn out as bad as I thought. That Cosmic Ghost Rider with his bow-legs on the other hand? Cool bike, but it's looking like it's a one way ride to the storage bin.

Find it weird that she doesn't actually appear to be able to sit on the scooter seat and reach the handles at the same time.  Also strange that she didn't come with gripping hands.  I suppose the scooter is reuse from the Deadpool rider and thus a smaller female figure doesn't fit well on it?  

Making the tail poseable (at least to rotate it) would've been nice.

The squirrels look like Easter chocolates to me, might've been better to go with a more greyish color.

Still, nice for fans of SG who've been waiting awhile for a figure of her. I have very little connection to other than a few avengers issues where she was Luke & Jessica's nanny so this is likely a pass for me.  I am glad to see that she looks better than some of the earlier promo pics, that gives me hope that some of the black widow wave figures' faces will look better than the promos indicated, as well.

6 hours ago, Scruffy_Nerd said:

she looks like a very cute figure but she can't stand on her own because of the large tail. I wonder if there is a modder out there that can fix this with a fabric tail or a foam that is light weight.

I have had no problems standing her without assistance. I admit I am surprised by this as there seems like there is no way that would be possible. 

Do you own her or are you speculating? I ask since I have zero problems standing her but yours can’t be done? I wonder if it is a larger issue and I got lucky or if you have a faulty one? 

As others here, I don't really see that much appeal in the character, but I'm glad for those who are fans of this girl. As for the figure itself, I do think she could've been released as a part of a wave, not necessarily with the scooter. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the tail. It looks really heavy. I think Hasbro could've found a way to make it either lighter or poseable, making it a more appealing figure in my opinion.

6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Find it weird that she doesn't actually appear to be able to sit on the scooter seat and reach the handles at the same time.  Also strange that she didn't come with gripping hands.  I suppose the scooter is reuse from the Deadpool rider and thus a smaller female figure doesn't fit well on it?  

Making the tail poseable (at least to rotate it) would've been nice.

The squirrels look like Easter chocolates to me, might've been better to go with a more greyish color.

Still, nice for fans of SG who've been waiting awhile for a figure of her. I have very little connection to other than a few avengers issues where she was Luke & Jessica's nanny so this is likely a pass for me.  I am glad to see that she looks better than some of the earlier promo pics, that gives me hope that some of the black widow wave figures' faces will look better than the promos indicated, as well.

Yeah, the scooter is wasted on her. It is clear she was not made to actually use (or sit) on the scooter. Months ago on these boards I asked aloud what significance the scooter was to her character and the release of her figure answers that question better than the responses in that thread. 

A posable tail would have been best. It is a weird  figure in that sense. Just a solid bit of plastic above her butt. I wonder if they made it removable if it would have made any difference?

Fun surprise, the squirrels ARE chocolate!! 😂

30 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

As others here, I don't really see that much appeal in the character, but I'm glad for those who are fans of this girl. As for the figure itself, I do think she could've been released as a part of a wave, not necessarily with the scooter. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the tail. It looks really heavy. I think Hasbro could've found a way to make it either lighter or poseable, making it a more appealing figure in my opinion.

I agree with all of your observations. As I have replied to others on this thread, the scooter is pointless and the construction of the figure it is clear Hasbro never intended her to actually “use” the scooter. 

I have zero interest in this character but I’m an Avengers completist to a fault. I kinda shrug at how hard it feels like Marvel says I should like her. 

BUT... she is a well made figure and even with the odd choice of using solid plastic for her tail she is one of the better detailed and constructed new figures. Can’t image outside of an alternate attire what use Hasbro will get out this mold however.

Sounds like Doreen doesn't have a lot of fans on this thread, but Ryan North's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl series made me love the character.  I don't really think there's a particular reason why she's on a scooter here, but it's got Tippy Toe and that's all I need.

10 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Yeah, the scooter is unnecessary and seems just done to put a character in a higher price range, what I call Siege Shockwave Syndrome. 

Love it. I've never even read a Squirrel Girl book, I just love the idea of a squirrel-based superhero. It's simultaneously dumb and wonderful, and looks great. The Vespa I could do without, but there's not one Ultimate Riders set which I bought because I liked the vehicle. Well, maybe Professor X...

If nothing else, people should give Hasbro props for drawing pretty evenly on comics (old & new), movies and TV with the Legends. Doreen (and good ol' Tippy-Toe) may not be for everybody, but I love - LOVE - the way Hasbro have managed to shoehorn in possibly the most unlikely Marvel Legend ever, in a business-as-usual kinda way. Think about it: we've just had a pretty much universally adored F4 wave (contemporary comic based), a good(ish) Spidey-wave (game focussed) and some exemplary (and strong-selling) store exclusives. There's also an imminent wave of (game-based) core Avengers, another movie wave (Black Widow/Crimson Dynamo wave) and a whole bunch of other stuff. That's before SDCC. So, that's a little something for everyone. Isn't that a good thing? Of course it is. You know it makes sense.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:11 PM, TyrellArcher said:

Sounds like Doreen doesn't have a lot of fans on this thread, but Ryan North's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl series made me love the character.  I don't really think there's a particular reason why she's on a scooter here, but it's got Tippy Toe and that's all I need.

I like Dorren a ton.  I just don't like this look.  Really don't like the face sculpt.

Yeah- her as a single figure with the 3 squirrels would be a slam-dunk, but ti seems like they really found a lazy way to push her in to the higher price point. I'm still going to buy her, but I'm going to grumble about it, lol. The lack of gripping hands is what bugs me the most, especially since the scooter is almost all re-used tooling- you would think two small additional hands would still keep it within its tooling budget.