First Giant-Ant-Man

UsurperSmurf

Now a repainted monster Venom.

Will the single release of former BAFs become a thing?

I can see how some people would get annoyed. As they were when BAFs are re-released in two packs. So people spent a lot of money to get the part or buy them in the scalper market and now here they are for a bit more than a regular figure.

For me as long as I get another shot at the BAFs I never had the chance/hope of getting. I'll be happy.

In other words give me a Rhino!rhino.thumb.jpg.20e82fa0e1aabf0850aec61880c397e8.jpg

Prince point seems to be about $29.99 MSRP.  They'll probably be in Gamestops and maybe Best Buy but otherwise you probably have to get them online.

Rhino and Lizard would both be welcome for me (I stupidly passed on completing Rhino because Spider-Man characters aren't my favorite thing, and Lizard I never saw Spider-Man Noire, Spider-Punk, or Mysterio available online or on-shelves for a price I was willing to pay). 

I'd probably pony up for both Rhino and Sandman, even though I'm still a little salty that they announced that Colossus / Juggernaut two-pack about one and a half seconds after I finally tracked down and bought all of the Juggernaut pieces I was missing!

I know it's in a slightly different vein, but if we're seriously getting into re-releasing old BAFs, I need to manufacture a public outcry vote for Fin Fang Foom.  I have to imagine that actual alien dragons are a more rare sight than this guy.  I must have him!

I’m not sure rhino and sandman would get solo releases, more likely each would be paired with spidey in a 2-pack. Venom is a popular character in his own right and has an upcoming movie so I can see hasbro trying to capitalize on that. Same with Giant Man, he had some memorable moments in Endgame so I can see hasbro trying to cash in with a rerelease there as well.

i’d definitely be in favor of older BAFs being rereleased but as I said most are more likely to be part of a 2-pack with an A-lister like spidey imo

I am for BAFs being released as singles. If the release makes sense  like say Kingpin in purple pants or all black suit those could be great sellers. 

It cant work for every BAF but in certain conditions it would be an opportunity for Hasbro to revisit some that they may have missed the mark on.  Not sure if the plan is only straight repaints but imagine if they threw a Michael Keaton head on a re-release of the Vulture ( though technically the BAF in this case was the (ahem) wings) 

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Prince point seems to be about $29.99 MSRP.  They'll probably be in Gamestops and maybe Best Buy but otherwise you probably have to get them online.

Rhino and Lizard would both be welcome for me (I stupidly passed on completing Rhino because Spider-Man characters aren't my favorite thing, and Lizard I never saw Spider-Man Noire, Spider-Punk, or Mysterio available online or on-shelves for a price I was willing to pay). 

I have the same problem with my Lizard

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I’m not sure rhino and sandman would get solo releases, more likely each would be paired with spidey in a 2-pack. Venom is a popular character in his own right and has an upcoming movie so I can see hasbro trying to capitalize on that. Same with Giant Man, he had some memorable moments in Endgame so I can see hasbro trying to cash in with a rerelease there as well.

i’d definitely be in favor of older BAFs being rereleased but as I said most are more likely to be part of a 2-pack with an A-lister like spidey imo

Oh god no. Rhino and Sandman or big enough Spidey villains, they could easily do them as fan channel releases, that would be a lot better than throwing them into a two pack

10 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Oh god no. Rhino and Sandman or big enough Spidey villains, they could easily do them as fan channel releases, that would be a lot better than throwing them into a two pack

Really?  Even if it came with something really good, like an Amazing Bag-Man or a 2099 re-release?

48 minutes ago, leokearon said:

The two packs would have to be themed, so chances are they would be just regular Spideys.

Again keep them as singles

Keep them as singles. I hate have to buy a second figure of something I don't want. Because that what Hasbro does. They give you the figure you want, but then make you pay for an repaint on the Bucky mold. 

7 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

71akzEe76xL._AC_SX425_.thumb.jpg.8aa4c7aa911afdf7d63f702a6c390439.jpg

I gotta be honest with you. I Love juggernaut and this two pack. But honestly I would have liked to see them sold separately so that you were not force to buy two figures each time... 

20 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I gotta be honest with you. I Love juggernaut and this two pack. But honestly I would have liked to see them sold separately so that you were not force to buy two figures each time... 

Frankly, me too.  This set is just a reminder that life (and Hasbro) can be kinda cool sometimes.  If, on the other hand, they had released that retro Storm black repaint in a two-pack with, say, Callisto, I'd be handing out the pitchforks and torches myself.  I think that two-packs are probably the most situation-sensitive release format we could have.  I mean, if one figure in a box set sucks, it can still be an overall win if the rest of the figures are good and wanted.  Single releases you can opt in or out of (in most cases) as you like.  While I'm not opposed to the two-pack format in theory, it should definitely be thought through very, very carefully.

Not only am I down for BAF's to be re-released (with a different or slightly different paint app, of course), but once the BAF system is exhausted because we've run out of recognizable "Big Gusys" and we start to get "regular" sized figs with re-used bucks like we have most recently, I'd vote to go ahead and abandon the BAF altogether in favor of more (many more) accessories. And in the case that a new or updated "Big Guy" has to be done, it just gets done on the premium format like Vintage Hulk or the Venom figure. I know there's a buncha room to debate what defines what a "Big Guy" is. Does Colossus and Sandman count or is the benchmark closer to Hulk and Juggy? That'll be the judgement call Hasbro has the burden to make. And it would be up to our dollars to decide if we approve it. I personally would't pay $30 for Colossus or Sandy, but Hulk, Juggs and even Monster Venom seem fair.

Depends.  I definitely like it when the figure gets a new paint job, and it makes it feel fresh and possibly desirable, but there are other times, *cough *cough Sauron *cough *cough where it feels like they put a highly desirable figure in a terrible wave, and if you suffered through that wave for the BAF it would be nice to keep it exclusive to the wave.  I will say if they did make this a trend it would be nice to allow collectors to skip waves and pick up the character later on, removes a lot of the FOMO.  

Wants:

-Kingpin: don't care if he's in classic duds or the all black suit, just want another one so that I can have Kingpin and Shadow King simultaneously.

-Strong Guy: Not out yet, but still in a wave that while not as bad as Sauron, doesn't have me enthused enough to pick up more than a couple figures.

Don't Want:

Now hear me out, it's not that I don't want another shot at these figures, but I want to see them done right, and not straight re-releases.

-Sandman

-Rhino

Say what you want, they are too big.  I'm not even one of those sticklers for scale, Sandman dwarfs Hydro-Man and Rhino looks more like he belongs fighting Hulk than Spidey.  I'd like to see Hasbro give them another shot, both sized down, Sandman considerably.  

I'm fine with this, but I think they should always change the figure in some meaningful way (color differences, new heads, etc..), both to maintain some exclusivity to the BAFs, so that people keep buying whole waves of figures (Otherwise, we won't get figures like Batroc, or Serpent Society Members.), and just to give us something a little different. 

I really wish that, for example, besides the change in "chest spider," the Venom BAF repaint was all black, without the purple highlights. A new head and/or hands would be excellent.

Other good options:

Rhino:  I love the idea of giving him (removable) armor pieces to duplicate that look, as well as new, more classic-looking head sculpts.

Lizard: New, more classic comic-inspired head and neck. 

Apocalypse: With new closed-mouth head, and interchangeable arm weapons; repainted in this color scheme:

toy-biz-men-apocalypse-10-inch-figure_1_f990e27d8357fbc4ae1403d8e815fa2c.jpg

53 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I'm fine with this, but I think they should always change the figure in some meaningful way (color differences, new heads, etc..), both to maintain some exclusivity to the BAFs, so that people keep buying whole waves of figures (Otherwise, we won't get figures like Batroc, or Serpent Society Members.), and just to give us something a little different. 

It also just makes good sense for Hasbro, as they're likely to get a percentage of buyers who bought the figures necessary to build the BAF originally, but will also buy the repaint... like they got me on Juggernaut... and would get me with the Apocalypse you suggested.

10 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Don't Want:

Now hear me out, it's not that I don't want another shot at these figures, but I want to see them done right, and not straight re-releases.

-Sandman

-Rhino

Say what you want, they are too big.  I'm not even one of those sticklers for scale, Sandman dwarfs Hydro-Man and Rhino looks more like he belongs fighting Hulk than Spidey.  I'd like to see Hasbro give them another shot, both sized down, Sandman considerably.  

Technically Sandman can have a variable height and the Rhino has fought the Hulk

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:24 AM, SpiderS said:

"Yes! Yes! Yes we do need Rhino to be rereleased as single pack figure...with NEW head that looks less crazy than baf head" 

Yeah, I have the Rhino BAF but that head looks like he's hopped up on pcp or just got to see Sofia Vergara naked...his original look would be great. BTW, I read somewhere that the Rhino is the first Spidey villain who was NOT co-created by Stan and Ditko… John Romita SR and Stan made him.

romitarhino.jpg

22 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah, I have the Rhino BAF but that head looks like he's hopped up on pcp or just got to see Sofia Vergara naked...his original look would be great. BTW, I read somewhere that the Rhino is the first Spidey villain who was NOT co-created by Stan and Ditko… John Romita SR and Stan made him.

romitarhino.jpg

It depends, Rhino is the first Spidey foe not created by Lee and Ditko as being debuting as a Spidey foe, however Beetle (who originally fought the Human Torch) was create by Lee and Carl Burgos and Boomerang (who debuted against the Hulk) was created by Lee, Kirby and Everett, both are considered Spidey foes and appeared before the Rhino