First Giant-Ant-Man

UsurperSmurf

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

It depends, Rhino is the first Spidey foe not created by Lee and Ditko as being debuting as a Spidey foe, however Beetle (who originally fought the Human Torch) was create by Lee and Carl Burgos and Boomerang (who debuted against the Hulk) was created by Lee, Kirby and Everett, both are considered Spidey foes and appeared before the Rhino

Cool to know. I liked how Romita drew those lines (bags) around his eyes, making them almost squinty. John Romita remains, to me, the best Spider-Man artist ever. The current Rhino BAF looks great... the rougher hide on the figure improves over his first appearance in the comics.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Cool to know. I liked how Romita drew those lines (bags) around his eyes, making them almost squinty. John Romita remains, to me, the best Spider-Man artist ever. The current Rhino BAF looks great... the rougher hide on the figure improves over his first appearance in the comics.

Yeah,  JRSR is my favourite Spidey artist as well. 

Hurry up and re-release Rhino, all this talk makes me want one more

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah, I have the Rhino BAF but that head looks like he's hopped up on pcp or just got to see Sofia Vergara naked...his original look would be great. BTW, I read somewhere that the Rhino is the first Spidey villain who was NOT co-created by Stan and Ditko… John Romita SR and Stan made him.

romitarhino.jpg

Yeah. I'm fine with a figure having a crazed expression if it fits the character best (Green Goblin), or if there is an interchangeable head that is more neutral in expression. It seemed like a weird choice for Rhino- I don't think of him as being an insane character, and that BAF head looks crazy. 

I'd love a silver-age Rhino figure- I grew up reading reprints (Marvel Tales!) and beat-up copies of silver age Spidey comics, among other things. I would really love to see more Legends that are specifically inspired by silver age looks of the characters- a less-monstrous Lizard would be great (The Toy Biz one was decent, but far from perfect; same with the Legends Rhino from that same classic-looking boxed set.). Interchangeable Curt Connors parts would be amazing. 

Silver age Kingpin would be great. Kingpin in 90s animated colors would also be amazing. Black suit Kingpin would also be cool, but my last choice of those 3.

15 hours ago, leokearon said:

Technically Sandman can have a variable height and the Rhino has fought the Hulk

Aware of both issues, however can you really say that the towering nature of Sandman actually looks good? He's rarely shown as being much larger than his other Sinister Six compatriots.  One of the notable times was that time where Venom was on the team as well as Ends of the Earth, in both cases he was not only much, much larger than even the BAF would be but didn't look like that, more like a sand monster similar to that awful Spider-Man 3 version. 

As for Rhino...really? Even fighting the Hulk he's never been this big. If that BAF is appropriately sized, then Abomination is undersized since they share that body.  This is another character that is rarely shown as a hulk-sized, while still being larger than most Spidey foes, this BAF is obviously too large. 

7 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Aware of both issues, however can you really say that the towering nature of Sandman actually looks good? He's rarely shown as being much larger than his other Sinister Six compatriots.  One of the notable times was that time where Venom was on the team as well as Ends of the Earth, in both cases he was not only much, much larger than even the BAF would be but didn't look like that, more like a sand monster similar to that awful Spider-Man 3 version. 

As for Rhino...really? Even fighting the Hulk he's never been this big. If that BAF is appropriately sized, then Abomination is undersized since they share that body.  This is another character that is rarely shown as a hulk-sized, while still being larger than most Spidey foes, this BAF is obviously too large. 

Scale for the most part doesn't bother me, especially on big bruisers like Sandman and Rhino, if I had either of them, I wouldn't be complaining about their scale

it's funny that Rhino seems to be pretty much the entire ML collector community's choice for the next Single release BAF, I have seen so many people talking about it , people even contacting Hasbro about it, I personally would be most happy with seeing Space Agent Venom and Man-Thing and then Apocalypse and Dormmamu, all of those are ones that I never completed and it bugs me to this day. also as for the Sandman BAF being to tall, I agree he looks alittle odd being as tall as he is, but he is variable in height, however I feel like this figure was suppose to be depicting a standard Sandman, I like the BAF, but I would have been cool with him being a standard figure, I am sure we will be seeing a Kingpin re-release soon and probably since you guys are screaming for him Rhino

On 2/6/2020 at 2:49 AM, leokearon said:

Scale for the most part doesn't bother me, especially on big bruisers like Sandman and Rhino, if I had either of them, I wouldn't be complaining about their scale

I'm not complaining about the scale as much as pointing out that straight re-releases would be a mistake to hope for.  I still have the Fearsome Foes Rhino and Sandman is fine as long as Hydro-Man and certain others are not near him.  Since a lot of people want these re-released, I'm only saying they should be re-done not re-released since they aren't all that accurate.

52 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

I'm not complaining about the scale as much as pointing out that straight re-releases would be a mistake to hope for.  I still have the Fearsome Foes Rhino and Sandman is fine as long as Hydro-Man and certain others are not near him.  Since a lot of people want these re-released, I'm only saying they should be re-done not re-released since they aren't all that accurate.

Again I don't care about hem not being in scale and since a lot of other people are wanting them to be re-released they don't seem to care either, they just want a Rhino and Sandman in their collection. Personally would prefer a re-release than a new version taking the spot of a new character. Besides this thread is all about BAFs being re-released, not redone (threads a separate thread for that)

Build-a-Figures that I want re-released or repainted:

1. Man-Thing - I love Man-Thing, but Hasbro stuck him in the worst wave they have done so far. I don't imagine this monster would sell very well on his own, so maybe package him in an exclusive multipack with other Marvel horror characters, such as Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's monster, etc.
    1. Or... something really outside and package Man-Thing with the fan-favorite Howard the Duck that spun out of Man-Thing's comic! You think Deadpool and Hit-Monkey were big sellers...?!! 
  2. Absorbing Man - another character I love, but I haven't been able to track down every character from that wave to complete him. It would be awesome if he got released with a slight pain variation, maybe a new accessory or two. He could be packaged with his lover Titania, or an exclusive Doc Samson.
  3. Super-Skrull - I would like him repainted with slightly lighter green for his skin and purple for his uniform. Maybe he can be packaged with the original Captain Marvel, or with a translucent Invisible Girl, or another cosmic baddie like Ronan the Accuser.

Build-a-Figures that I would rather be completely remolded/redesigned:

1.  Rhino - I wouldn't be heartbroken if the current Rhino BAF was rereleased, as he matches okay against the Hulk, but I would prefer a scaled-down version like his first appearance.
  2. The Lizard - likewise, I prefer his original appearance where he had a much more humanoid body shape but with the reptilian head and hands. I hate the monstrous version of Lizard that started in the '90s comics and devolved since then.
  3. The Sandman - I like this character I just don't understand why they made the toy so big... 

I don't really love the early Hasbro Blob BAF, and would prefer an entirely new take, but could probably live with a re-release if it came up for consideration. My collection definitely needs a Blob. I have all the BAFs I want from the current era of Legends, but do think Apocalypse and Sauron should be re-released to give most people another shot at them. They're solid figures of popular characters.

13 hours ago, RyanDaly said:
  1. Absorbing Man - another character I love, but I haven't been able to track down every character from that wave to complete him. It would be awesome if he got released with a slight pain variation, maybe a new accessory or two. He could be packaged with his lover Titania, or an exclusive Doc Samson.

When I built my absorbing man instead of getting a Spider-Gwen for her crappy unpainted wrecking ball I just went on E-bay and bought a painted one. I think it was a Chinese knock off from Thunder Ball's accessory. It's painted perfectly to match the steel arm. 

• 2 weeks later...