The Uncanny X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection Black Costume Storm Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new The Uncanny X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection Black Costume Storm figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Vintage-X-Men-Black-Costume-Storm-10.png

Cool, but i'm not sure i really need a repaint of last year's retro storm.  Aside from the black costume, the only other differences appear to be the eyeshadow ,slightly different lipstick shade, and looks like the hair has a different wash as well.  I guess different colored lightning effects, too.

I may pick her up if she hits a sale price as i do love Storm, but let's get going on the first appearance costume, Hasbro!!!! Please!!!

The buzz around this costume and it's TRUE color reminds me of the internet dress sensation (is it white? is it blue?) 

I remember X-Men 1 and I see her uniform as black. Not sure if it was the coloring or inking just it always looked TO ME as a black uniform. It wasn't until the cartoon (where it was clearly white) did I take another look and considered that it may have been a shiny white/silver that reflected color to make it look  darker. 

Either way, I don't collect XMen so I will be passing. 

Edited by McHogan

3 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I guess I will pass on it, I really wish she had that classic thunderbolt logo, to make it more accurate and unique. But without it I can’t see any point for me personally, but I bet others who couldn’t get white costume version would be happy to get her  

DA81431D-FFB7-4F45-9E58-8095373B7A7B.jpeg

Definitely! If it had the lightning bolt design, I would be much more enthused about it. As it is, it's just alright for me. If it's in front of me, and I can see that the gold paint isn't smudged, I might buy it for msrp, but I wouldn't pay more, and will probably just end up waiting to find it for under 20 bucks online. I wish they would find a better material to use for Storm's cape, too- this looks to be exactly the same material as the white one, and that fabric just seemed kind of junky to me- like what they use to make souvenir pennants that are sold in gift shops and sports stadiums. And, while I'm sure it's easier for them to use recently-used tooling, it's annoying that Hasbro has been "double dipping" too recently with some repainted figures- give it a while before repainting the same exact figure and putting it in similar packaging- it's good for the line to have a lot of variety.

6 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I guess I will pass on it, I really wish she had that classic thunderbolt logo, to make it more accurate and unique. But without it I can’t see any point for me personally, but I bet others who couldn’t get white costume version would be happy to get her  

DA81431D-FFB7-4F45-9E58-8095373B7A7B.jpeg

I was trying to pinpoint why I dont like this version compared to the white one and thats exactly it. (also i prefer the white costume in general) But it seemed like a quick and sloppy cashgrab. Little effort was clearly put into it. I dont like that hair with that costume either but oh well. I am eagerly awaiting her 80s costume so i can get that xmen arcade team. This one is an easy pass for me and I love storm. 

6 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I was trying to pinpoint why I dont like this version compared to the white one and thats exactly it. (also i prefer the white costume in general) But it seemed like a quick and sloppy cashgrab. Little effort was clearly put into it. I dont like that hair with that costume either but oh well. I am eagerly awaiting her 80s costume so i can get that xmen arcade team. This one is an easy pass for me and I love storm. 

A "quick and sloppy cash grab" is a good way to put it. They just re-used the same exact package art as the Retro one, too, and digitally re-colored it. This probably makes it less likely that we'll get the lightning bolt costume any time soon, too. Hopefully they'll get to her first costume soon- we're just that and Thunderbird away from a "Giant-Sized X-Men" team (though Banshee reeeeeeeally needs to be re-done).