Bigger BAF's spread out

AnotherPunkChef

I had a thought today, might not be one people go for but who knows. What of Hasbro gave us the big, 15 inch Build-a-Figures the way Hasbro used to, but spread the parts over like, 2 waves? They often cite the cost of production as the reason for the smaller BAF'S, so this might be a way to offset that. Maybe by doing this they could even do mammoth 24 inch or (wishful thinking) 30 inch figures...

As discussed previously on this board. It is a terrible idea, getting a six piece BAF is hard enough with bad distribution and having to buy figures you may not want.  Also if the second half doesn’t't come available for some reason and it has happened,  then you have half a BAF.

If people want larger figures then Hasbro should release Titan class TF style figures. 

Like it has been said, it is a bad idea. Sure you can send the first wave to store but if it doesn't sell, stores won't order the second part. That will leave the baf unfinished for many people. 

Also you have to think how a giant would even be split. You might be able to split the torso but what about the arms and legs. Only give the hand and feet? that wouldn't work with Hasbro's articulation for some pieces.

The Titan class is the way to go. I only wish hasbro would stop making the 12" line just bigger version of already existing character and just do new characters.

A "Titans of the Marvel universe" is the way to go. The figures could be of various "large" sizes for example, a new Sasquatch in exact 10' scale with multiple head sculpts & at least 3 sets of hands. A 14'-16 Henry Pym Goliath/Giant man, a 14'-16' Erik Jolsten Masters of evil Goliath. 16' tall DOFP Sentinel (army builder) 18'-20' scale Galactus. 15' Orka, 15-16' scale Bill Foster Goliath. 16' Frost Giants. 10' classic Titanium man.  Could be a quarterly 1 Titan figure per quarter with 3 released per yr. All these characters should come with at minimum, 2 alternate heads, multiple sets of hands & weapons FX that best display their powers. Price points depends on the size of the character. $35$40 for 10' Sasquatch, $65-$75 for  18'-20'Galactus $50-$60 for 16' DOFP Sentinels.

I'm not a fan of BaF split in different waves. But that may just be a concern with how previous offerings of ML didn't come to Mexico years ago. It seems like the problem's been corrected and I've been able to get every ML I've wanted at retail price... maybe it wouldn't be all bad, but it would have to be a pretty impressive baf to get me to buy 12-16 figures to get it.

On the bigger figures at a higher cost I'm all for them. I'm tempted to update my Giant Man with the single release one just to cure the itch, but I wouldn't even hesitate to shell out even $50 if it were 3"-5" bigger. 

The problem I see with wanting bigger figures is that as many as we know there are, most are B-C listers at best, and they're unlikely to sell at retail. On fan channels, on the other hand... 

Honestly, I on the fence as to if I even want BAF''S in waves anymore. I'd almost rather get more accessories for the figures themselves and have BAF's sold separately. I'm tired of Hasbro giving us a wave of figures no one needs with an amazing Baf, or having a wave of great figures and a mediocre BAF's.

But I understand that having a BAF is the reason we can get more obscure characters that I sometimes am fond of. 

Catch 22.

Dinkin Flicka

I don't think any character worth doing as a 10-12 piece baf couldn't just be released as a solid one time figure. Who would they even do? Galactus? Fin Fang Foom? If you get more obscure it's not going to help sales. I don't think anyone is gonna be down to collect 12 figures to build shuma goroth

On 2/9/2020 at 6:01 AM, leokearon said:

As discussed previously on this board. It is a terrible idea, getting a six piece BAF is hard enough with bad distribution and having to buy figures you may not want.  Also if the second half doesn’t't come available for some reason and it has happened,  then you have half a BAF.

If people want larger figures then Hasbro should release Titan class TF style figures. 

I agree.